Forum

Season 9 Suggestions

Created 17th December 2010 @ 11:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 25 Next »

droso

o/

Quoted from xzr

[…]

2 occasions? do elaborate, and this single occasion I remember I came on from my mobile and apologized to drosophile

Hum, that’s true.
But can we stay OT please? No one cares about old pcw’s results…

Keep talking about season 9 possible changes please. =)

Last edited by droso,

For season 9, I want everyone to get along.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Shintaz for Nobel Peace Award 2011. A man of peace.

Psyche

People must have been infected by some really fucked up disease to be thinking a heavy running faster to middle makes the game faster and is a good thing.
(2 heavy defense on gullywash anyone?)

It’s bad enough VALVe keep releasing shit updates that do absolutely no good for the community as a whole (oh, except lowering the skill ceiling for most classes and attract more 7 year old kiddies because they can kill people despite having an IQ of around 10 and add extremely annoying effects to the game – HELLO STUNS AND SLOWS) but now we get div 6 heroes all over the place routing for fucking unlockables to be allowed so they can use “fun” weapons on a competitively based environment.

Remember kiddies, fun for YOU might not be fun for other people (that includes the other team + people watching).
Fuck my life, I’m glad I quit. This community just gets worse the larger it grows.

inb4 demourge shitting all over my post

Last edited by Psyche,

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

So angry, no wonder you played for Empathy :D

Archy

guru
G-Yoda

We should be less focused on the new, pub weapons and more on making maps for the competitive play imo.

demsii

EPA

Quoted from Psyche

People must have been infected by some really fucked up disease to be thinking a heavy running faster to middle makes the game faster and is a good thing.
(2 heavy defense on gullywash anyone?)

It’s bad enough VALVe keep releasing shit updates that do absolutely no good for the community as a whole (oh, except lowering the skill ceiling for most classes and attract more 7 year old kiddies because they can kill people despite having an IQ of around 10 and add extremely annoying effects to the game – HELLO STUNS AND SLOWS) but now we get div 6 heroes all over the place routing for fucking unlockables to be allowed so they can use “fun” weapons on a competitively based environment.

Remember kiddies, fun for YOU might not be fun for other people (that includes the other team + people watching).
Fuck my life, I’m glad I quit. This community just gets worse the larger it grows.

inb4 demourge shitting all over my post

Only ‘cuz you asked.

I see that since you quit your brainpower hasn’t increased a whole lot, so I’ll make it clear to you what you seemed to have missed in the other posts I did, just because you’re that special.

The GRU is GOOD for teams that RUN A HEAVY on certain maps LIKE GULLYWASH AND FREIGHT, AS IN MY EYES that would SPEED UP the game at least SOMEWHAT which is ALREADY a very SLOW game.(Yes, imagine that, an item that makes you run faster increasing the speed of the game! Almost like they intended it!) NOWHERE and NEVER have I claimed that RUNNING A HEAVY 24/7 WOULD BE GOOD FOR THE GAME OVERALL. (Not that I would condemn it, it’s just a different style of play and afaik it used to be a lot more accepted when we had players like sommie, Riemu, Exoronic, Pace and the likes playing it)

There, if you still don’t get it, commit suicide, because I think God gave up on you then aswell.

Last edited by demsii,

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from demsii

Only ‘cuz you asked.

I see that since you quit your brainpower hasn’t increased a whole lot, so I’ll make it clear to you what you seemed to have missed in the other posts I did, just because you’re that special.

The GRU is GOOD for teams that RUN A HEAVY on certain maps LIKE GULLYWASH AND FREIGHT, AS IN MY EYES that would SPEED UP the game at least SOMEWHAT which is ALREADY a very SLOW game.(Yes, imagine that, an item that makes you run faster increasing the speed of the game! Almost like they intended it!) NOWHERE and NEVER have I claimed that RUNNING A HEAVY 24/7 WOULD BE GOOD FOR THE GAME OVERALL. (Not that I would condemn it, it’s just a different style of play and afaik it used to be a lot more accepted when we had players like sommie, Riemu, Exoronic, Pace and the likes playing it)

There, if you still don’t get it, commit suicide, because I think God gave up on you then aswell.

Quoted from kaidus

As far as I can tell, the GRU would actually slow down gameplay when you consider the bigger picture. GRU being allowed would mean heavy was more played, and whilst the GRU makes the heavy move physically faster, the effect on the pace of the game as a whole is simply that the heavy can get into a position in which it can slow down the game a lot more quickly. Once he’s done his jog, it’s just the same old heavy routine. If anything it’s even worse because his increased mobility results in the further decreased mobility of the opposing team.

+
How is the game faster for the team running the heavy? Yes he physically will get there faster meaning that they will have their area locked down alot more quicker (aka stalemate)and will have less chance of failure with the decision of running a heavy, due to any idea of early aggression to counter him being made impossible as he gets there so quick.If you don’t have that early aggression on a team using a heavy (as in going aggressive while they are 5v6 still at mid), it just means that when the heavy gets there, with a full team backing him up, he will be able to lock down his area completely from anyone trying to jump in and the only way to push against him would require an uber/kritz at the ready. Or ofcourse if you get other picks from the team being overly aggresive or a sniper etc etc. How does that speed the game up in any way?! Meaning that the easiest way to counter him would be to run a heavy of your own with the GRU. Which again leads to the pace of the game slowing down further… You are again confusing physical movement speed with the actual pace of the game :DDD
Edit: Oh and remember we are talking about freight and gullywash here. DONT FORGET
and yes, your reply to kaidus quote was:

Quoted from demsii

he is just slightly slower than the medic with the GRU, the pace of the game doesn’t become slower because your medic doesn’t rj or stickyjump as fast as your soldiers/demo, does it?

All im going to say is, you are retarded. congratulations.

Last edited by Swifty,

demsii

EPA

Maybe you should read the posts again. You really must be one of the dumbest people I’ve met to date in this community .. well, maybe next to Koeitje

+
How is the game faster for the team running the heavy? Yes he physically will get there faster meaning that they will have their area locked down alot more quicker (aka stalemate)and will have less chance of failure with the decision of running a heavy, due to any idea of early aggression to counter him being made impossible as he gets there so quick. Meaning that the easiest way to counter him would be to run a heavy of your own with the GRU. Which again leads to the pace of the game slowing down further… You are again confusing physical movement speed with the actual pace of the game :DDD

Seems you really are so thick that I have to spell out for you that it is in comparison for teams that ALREADY run a heavy on these maps, which would make it QUICKER overall if the GRU were to be used. (Read it again several times perhaps). Also if you think that the only way to counter a heavy is another heavy, I’m sad to inform that you are sadly mistaken and might not be a tactical genius (which is pretty consistant with what I have perceived of your ingame play). And you sir are once again COMPLETELY missing the point. Also, you are going to ban a “weapon” as it might give a tactical advantage you or your team failed to think of to start with? How narrow-minded.

I’ll not be replying any further, I will be alone in my room, crying on my bed because of your insult.

p.s. stop editing your post a zillion times.

Last edited by demsii,

Ghostface

spire

I like how everyone tells Demourge he’s an idiot but he keeps going on.

demsii

EPA

Quoted from Ghostface

I like how everyone tells Demourge he’s an idiot but he keeps going on.

I don’t call everyone an idiot, but I would qualify you as one for posting something totally unrelated which contributes nothing to this thread or in general. Also I keep going on because I’m actually a nice guy and hope that some day even idiots like yourself see the light :)

And you do know how a forum works right, if someone quotes something they don’t agree with your point (well, most of the time, others are just too busy trolling) where you explain why you see it this way or whatsoever?

Also, might have something to do with “vanilla” being the cool thing to support and EVERY UNLOCK UNBALANCES THE GAME, OMG!, while I am in great favor of tactical diversity and different playstyles. Sorry if this does not fit in with the “coolkids”.

Last edited by demsii,

crzfst

Quoted from demsii

[…]

I don’t call everyone an idiot, but I would qualify you as one for posting something totally unrelated which contributes nothing to this thread or in general. Also I keep going on because I’m actually a nice guy and hope that some day even idiots like yourself see the light :)

I saw the light once, closed the door immediately. Some scary shit.

demsii

EPA

Quoted from crzfst

[…]
I saw the light once, closed the door immediately. Some scary shit.

I wasn’t talking about alien abductions crzfst :(

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from demsii

Seems you really are so thick that I have to spell out for you that it is in comparison for teams that ALREADY run a heavy on these maps, which would make it QUICKER overall if the GRU were to be used. (Read it again several times perhaps). Also if you think that the only way to counter a heavy is another heavy, I’m sad to inform that you are sadly mistaken and might not be a tactical genius (which is pretty consistant with what I have perceived of your ingame play). And you sir are once again COMPLETELY missing the point.

Could you please elaborate on how it would be quicker overall for the pace of the game if the GRU was to be used for the team running the heavy while not talking about the actual PHYSICAL movement speed the gloves give? Sure he gets there faster, but how will that make the pace of the game faster? Please explain it really well, because I’m really dumb you see :(((

And i never claimed once that “only way to counter a heavy is another heavy” “(Read it again several times perhaps). ” rofl

Last edited by Swifty,

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Demsii’s point does make some sense but is irrelevant either way because you can’t only allow gru on certain maps.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 10 11 12 ... 25 Next »