Forum

Season 9 Suggestions

Created 17th December 2010 @ 11:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 25 Next »

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

8:20 – CommanderX: like i said his point is technically valid in the very specific borders he has made it but is completely irrelevant

Commander answered it for me.

8:26 – Swifty: pretty much argue something for the sake of winning an argument even though its irrelevent to the point trying to be made
8:26 – CommanderX: yeah that’s all he wanted, just to say ha i won the argument
8:26 – CommanderX: despite winning the argument has achieved nothing

Last edited by Swifty,

demsii

EPA

Quoted from Swifty

[…]

Could you please elaborate on how it would be quicker overall for the pace of the game if the GRU was to be used for the team running the heavy while not talking about the actual PHYSICAL movement speed the gloves give? Sure he gets there faster, but how will that make the pace of the game faster? Please explain it really well, because I’m really dumb you see :(((

Could you please elaborate on how it would make it slower in comparison of chokepoints for example? Even if you win mid fast, you still have to wait at the chokepoint, GRU or not, assuming the other team’s medic survived, even while soldier. And also maybe why the heavy shouldn’t be allowed a slim chance to run away to survive when he gets ganked? The soldier has an equilizer, the GRU even leeches hp and yet he’s still slower than a medic.
If anything, he would maybe require a health nerf or at least not overhealed to 450 hp.

Nope, you didn’t, that’s the point, so you might rethink your claim on “easiest”.

Edit:

You can easily ban it for certain maps and not for others, but it would become confusing and seeing *most* teams don’t run a heavy on *most* maps anyway, it shouldn’t really matter anyway, but that doesn’t mean the option should be banned ‘cuz a team would have a tactical advantage over the other what it thought of earlier. It’s like saying kritz should be banned because it’s unpredictable to say if a team would use it or not.

And yes, I really care about winning the argument. I much rather have the admin team consider more unlocks before everyone scream fire and murder because every new unlock. But yet again your assumptions about how I really am are amusing :)

Last edited by demsii,

kaidus

WiK?

@commx. It’s not even that. The GRU doesn’t increase the heavies versatile mobility to the extent of changing it’s role, it just makes it more effective at it. The main implication of a heavy succeeding in his role is a slow, locked down game so if he’s capable of performing this role to a better standard these consequences occur to a greater degree.

Last edited by kaidus,

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

I’m not disagreeing with you but the fact that Demsii is putting this argument into such specific borders it means the it is not applicable to actual day to day tf2 making this entire argument void, unnecessary and not useful to the topic of improvement for season 9 or the general unlock debate

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

i cba to keep trying to argue with a lost cause so il just leave with this and be done

8:40 – [FB] kaidus: demourge is setting the scope of the argument within such tightly defined paramaters that he cannot be wrong
8:40 – [FB] kaidus: thats commander x’s line
8:40 – [FB] kaidus: but even within them
8:40 – [FB] kaidus: he is still wrong
8:40 – [FB] kaidus: so its double fail for demourge

RaCio

GoT²

“Season 9 Suggestions”

ontopic please

kaidus

WiK?

On a different note: can the demo upload problem also be looked into pre-season 9? I thought compulsory uploads was an awesome initiative, but the fact that to this day I and many others are still unable to do so successfully makes the whole thing kind of pointless. Why should others bother if some people can’t do it etc etc.

Edit: ninjaracio

Last edited by kaidus,

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

So I scanned a few pages back and noticed people are talking about a heavy ‘locking down a point’. Er… when has this EvEr happened. Heavies get focussed down so easily. It’s only when you have two of them defending a final cap point that there is ever a problem, and the solution is heavy limit 1.

The issue here is that scouts do not like fighting a heavy, because you can dodge rockets, not the AC. Soldiers don’t like fighting against a heavy because they can’t just rocket jump W + mouse 1 towards the enemy team and expect to live. People in this community will always vote against something if they personally do not like playing against, reguardless of it being something that potentially opens up a lot more diversity in strategy. As someone said earlier… i’m really looking forward to playing the same badlands middle for the 2000th time tonight.

Yes, heavy might ‘fractionally slow the game down’, but tf2 isn’t a game about speed. It never has been. The maps are designed to slow the game down, provide areas where a team can hold a point, while making a team still able to flank from a single direction. If you wanted a faster game, the maps should be designed differently. More routes between cap points etc… The problem is, everyone would call it shit because it would be too difficult to hold anything.

Sentry guns slow the game down, but people don’t moan about those because they are resonably easy to kill… when you have uber… So you have to sit and build before you push. Also ban the demoman, he slows the game down more than any other class could. If you just had scouts, medics and soldiers, this game would be super fast, and probably really fun… but that’s not TF2.

In short, stop crying over nothing. So you have to wait to build uber if the enemy is running a heavy. Well you have to wait to build uber if the enemy is running an engineer, a demoman or a good sniper… so what? Oh noess! The heavy can get to middle at the same time as the rest of his team. Again… Oh noes! run a sniper if he causes you too much shit. A single shot on the slowest moving class in the game.

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

Quoted from AcidReniX

So I scanned a few pages back and noticed people are talking about a heavy ‘locking down a point’. Er… when has this EvEr happened. Heavies get focussed down so easily. It’s only when you have two of them defending a final cap point that there is ever a problem, and the solution is heavy limit 1.

The issue here is that scouts do not like fighting a heavy, because you can dodge rockets, not the AC. Soldiers don’t like fighting against a heavy because they can’t just rocket jump W + mouse 1 towards the enemy team and expect to live. People in this community will always vote against something if they personally do not like playing against, reguardless of it being something that potentially opens up a lot more diversity in strategy. As someone said earlier… i’m really looking forward to playing the same badlands middle for the 2000th time tonight.

Yes, heavy might ‘fractionally slow the game down’, but tf2 isn’t a game about speed. It never has been. The maps are designed to slow the game down, provide areas where a team can hold a point, while making a team still able to flank from a single direction. If you wanted a faster game, the maps should be designed differently. More routes between cap points etc… The problem is, everyone would call it shit because it would be too difficult to hold anything.

Sentry guns slow the game down, but people don’t moan about those because they are resonably easy to kill… when you have uber… So you have to sit and build before you push. Also ban the demoman, he slows the game down more than any other class could. If you just had scouts, medics and soldiers, this game would be super fast, and probably really fun… but that’s not TF2.

In short, stop crying over nothing. So you have to wait to build uber if the enemy is running a heavy. Well you have to wait to build uber if the enemy is running an engineer, a demoman or a good sniper… so what? Oh noess! The heavy can get to middle at the same time as the rest of his team. Again… Oh noes! run a sniper if he causes you too much shit. A single shot on the slowest moving class in the game.

touché. Somebody with a brain.

http://pastebin.com/9q36i7mh

Last edited by Swifty,

Pyle

Those good old times with demo limit 2, no hats and no kids.

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

Quoted from kaidus

On a different note: can the demo upload problem also be looked into pre-season 9? I thought compulsory uploads was an awesome initiative, but the fact that to this day I and many others are still unable to do so successfully makes the whole thing kind of pointless. Why should others bother if some people can’t do it etc etc.

Edit: ninjaracio

How exactly are you unable to do so? It should work, i think.

jaks

rhs
RHS

Quoted from AcidReniX

+1

Darn

rockit like

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

[…]
How exactly are you unable to do so? It should work, i think.

Atleast in the start of the season there were some problems with the demo upload. So I didnt bother after that. Just make the upload simple and easy, should get povs from all the games after that.

franco

yeh except you now have the equivalent of a sentry on every choke of the map when running a heavy arx, thats following your own logic. add a medic-fast heavy on top of sticky traps/ubers and stalemates on choke will be even worse.

the thing that makes a heavy balanced (the same concept every other game uses to balance their ‘heavy’ equivalent) is low speed. if he was allowed to run at the ridiculous speeds he can on public you’re effectively bringing a whole new low to skill-less play in a class that already required little to no skill in the first place. you can scrap the gamesense required for smart positioning and good timing, you can make up for your mistakes by running away.

ps demourge you’re an unbelievable idiot.

demsii

EPA

ps demourge you’re an unbelievable idiot.

Only because I rejected your e-friendship and ideas of such? I’m sorry :(
Next to that, who the fuck are you anyway? Have we actually even spoken next to the one time where I said I don’t value internetfriendship as high as RL friendship and you had a ragefit?

Other than that, next to being an unbelievable idiot by not staying OT even though RaCio asked to stay OT, I’m not even gonna comment on how dumb your argument is.

+1 to Arx to be one of the few people finally seeing the “bigger picture” that kaidus is so horny about.

Last edited by demsii,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 ... 25 Next »