Forum

Season 9 Suggestions

Created 17th December 2010 @ 11:00

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 25 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

The problem isn’t focusing the hwg. The problem is all the damage the other team members ain’t receiving. When facing a hwg, there are two options (not counting running a hwg yourself): snipe or take control of the point and out position them. Taking control of the point and out positioning is impossible when facing the gloves because there won’t be a window of opportunity to do so. That leaves sniping, which isn’t very viable on a lot of maps (at least for the mid fight).

xzr

Quoted from DeNeusbeer

[…]
How exactly are you unable to do so? It should work, i think.

doesn’t work with chrome atleast, cba installing another browser just to upload demos

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

wat dems we no friends? x(((((

demsii

EPA

Quoted from Nmx

wat dems we no friends? x(((((

we be friendz brah, no worriez )))

Moose

[MIPC]

Season 9, vanilla+medic unlocks or GTFO

Sonny Black

(Legend)
SUAVE

Quoted from Moose

I cannot live without my equalizer, sooo slow. :(

xzr

Quoted from Moose

+1

Martn

Quoted from Moose

Not gonna happen ever.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Moose

+1

Maybe boink, but can’t really be arsed to argue about all the ups and downs of all unlocks.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Equalizer can still use a little damage nerf imo… Like Vali suggested on the steamforums: “-Reduced maximum damage from 113 to 80.”

And tbh I’d rather play entirely without heavy. But I can understand people like to play this way. Just stop coming with arguments about this game being or becoming “boring” and such. This is already one of the most dynamic and diverse competitive FPS games out there, let alone compared to “real life” team sports, where the fundamentals are 100% the same each match. And that’s what makes them succesful.

The more diversity we throw in, the less people will “perfect” their style of play. The narrower the rules of a game are, (like Quake for instance) the more people will try and fully explore the capabilities within those strict borders. That, for me, is more interesting.

Norris

Don’t really see the issue that the heavy would slow the game more as he did without the gloves in the past and it was fairly playable back then. I rather think the team could even interact quicker because no medic or rollout will have to wait so much anymore. Apart from that I thin Arx is spot-on as always.

RaCio

GoT²

What is the point in arguing if the GRU or other weapons reach your standards of being annoying / overpowered when it is clear that the definitions of annoying/overpowered vary a lot in the community. One group wants the sirlin approach and only ban unlocks that break other aspects of the game, while others follow the Torden approach and don’t want unlocks that do not improve the game. Just take a look at the last Experimental Ordnance cup, one group will point to the very high amount of frags the heavies made while the other group will claim the core game itself and the spectating was hardly altered. There is enough evidence for both sides to support their argument so it’s absolutely pointless to whine about the details.

Now do something useful with your tf2 knowledge and post ontopic please :) http://etf2l.org/forum/beta/topic-14950/

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

I think the other thing to realise, is that the GRU will only really have an effect at getting a heavy to middle, making him more viable for initial rollouts. Sure, it means he can get into position faster, but this time difference is very minimal, and in a lot of situations, teams would wait for all 6 players to be around each other before they push. If the heavy dies, the GRU is only going to speed up the push because he will be back in position faster than a regular heavy. In other words, the GRU is going to have almost no effect on the rest of the match other than slightly faster push timings, or having a defending player in position 2-5 seconds faster, asuming they are defending far.

Which leads me to assume the players who do not want the GRU to be allowed, are more complaining about the fact that they don’t want a heavy to be useful on midfights, and just want to keep running two soldiers as the only realistic heavy combo pack for that battle. That is wrong on so many levels… banning an unlock that potentially makes a class viable when currently, it is not (In midfights on certain maps). They could also be complaining about ‘an unlock being allowed in general’, which is fine, but it’s a different argument alltogether.

RaCio

GoT²

I have no problems with playing against a GRU heavy but I do think the people against it have enough right to complain about it. GRU does have an effect on the entire match, just check the EO cups and you’ll see it’s effect.

Also, in depth stuff is better of in the beta thread I linked.

ilike2spin

RLM

Good response Arx, I was vehemently against the GRU until just now, but I still have a problem with double heavy being the constant on mid fights. No jumps, not as much aggression and the teams who try to be aggressive will just get raped by the heavies.

People are saying GRU would speed the game up but I can’t see that as being faster paced than it is now. If there was at least one heavy on every mid, wouldn’t it really slow down the mid fights, if not the entire game?

Maybe it’s a case of bringing in utilities more regularly to deal with them, I haven’t played against it, just speculating.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 25 Next »