Forum

gunboats again -.-

Created 4th October 2010 @ 00:55

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

crzfst

Quoted from erratic

[…]

Then the reason for the ban should be the speed that gunboats allow, not the hard counters being banned. Or that the medic get insta two-shotted, because that happens every mid fight!

But its alright i guess, no matter what we say it will probably still be banned, it just fucking blows. Variety is a bad thing it seems.

Is div6 so bad that medics die every mid battle?

Spike Himself

TC

oops wrong button

Last edited by Spike Himself,

erratic

Quoted from crzfst

[…]
Is div6 so bad that medics die every mid battle?

The sarcasm mate, you didnt catch it :b. and thats only official etf2l. but sure, do the “who the fuck are you” comment, makes you look badass! :)

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from erratic

The sarcasm mate, you didnt catch it

Heh, and here I was thinking crzfst was suggesting you are div6.

crzfst

Quoted from erratic

[…]

The sarcasm mate, you didnt catch it :b. and thats only official etf2l. but sure, do the “who the fuck are you” comment, makes you look badass! :)

What? :D

Mordi

≧◡≦

just allow it

M24_

what value do th gunboats add to game game. in America, the game has devolved into haveing one soldier simply bomb the medic, it’s boring and no fun to play against. the only person that gunboats are good for is the off soldier, thats one of out six. i say keep them banned and let bombing the medic remain a skillful art, not mind numbingly easy.

Azdean

WTH!?

Quoted from M24_

what value do th gunboats add to game game. in America, the game has devolved into haveing one soldier simply bomb the medic, it’s boring and no fun to play against. the only person that gunboats are good for is the off soldier, thats one of out six. i say keep them banned and let bombing the medic remain a skillful art, not mind numbingly easy.

Apparently having 30hp more at mid and the complete lack of a shotgun make’s killing the medic mind numbingly easy guys!

Frankly I’m insulted in how our Admin team’s expectations of the community are, all soldiers practice air shots and can use a shotgun, all demomen practice pipe aim, all scouts can use a shotgun and finally all medic’s can dodge.

If a team is unable to kill a soldier who’s only weapon is a rocket launcher with two shots left then it’s a issue the team need to address. We DON’T need cheap weapon’s to counter some boots we need strategy and teamwork..

And as for the soldier being quick to mid that’s a strategy choice you need to make, do you want a soldier who’s quick to mid but lack’s any reliable defence against scouts (Who are also quick to mid) or do you want a soldier who is slow to mid but is able to defend himself against scouts as well as have a great backup weapon.

Saying yeah but using a soldier to bomb the medic is cheap, boring and easy is silly, I can send a scout to go and bomb the medic in two shots too, but 90% of the time he’ll get gibbed faster that he can get a shot off and the same thing apply’s to a soldier.

You send one player into a group of four players and that player will die, if he kill’s the medic then those three other players didn’t do their job properly.

Dummy

Quoted from Azdean

[…]

Apparently having 30hp more at mid and the complete lack of a shotgun make’s killing the medic mind numbingly easy guys!

Frankly I’m insulted in how our Admin team’s expectations of the community are, all soldiers practice air shots and can use a shotgun, all demomen practice pipe aim, all scouts can use a scattergun and finally all medic’s can dodge.

If a team is unable to kill a soldier who’s only weapon is a rocket launcher with two shots left then it’s a issue the team need to address. We DON’T need cheap weapon’s to counter some boots we need strategy and teamwork..

And as for the soldier being quick to mid that’s a strategy choice you need to make, do you want a soldier who’s quick to mid but lack’s any reliable defence against scouts (Who are also quick to mid) or do you want a soldier who is slow to mid but is able to defend himself against scouts as well as have a great backup weapon.

Saying yeah but using a soldier to bomb the medic is cheap, boring and easy is silly, I can send a scout to go and bomb the medic in two shots too, but 90% of the time he’ll get gibbed faster that he can get a shot off and the same thing apply’s to a soldier.

You send one player into a group of four players and that player will die, if he kill’s the medic then those three other players didn’t do their job properly.

fixed it for you. cookie for anyone who spots the fix.
also – you all assume the soldier jumps the moment he gets to mid. sure he might due to his speed and hp advantage however slight it is, but he also might double jump/just jump after some seconds of the mid fight if he sees an opening, be it a divided enemy, lots of spam taken by them, or else.

Smofo

Im THAT good!

Apparently having 30hp more at mid and the complete lack of a shotgun

Last edited by Smofo,

Dummy

Quoted from Smofo

Apparently having 30hp more at mid and the complete lack of a shotgun

WHERE’S THE REST D:

Smofo

Im THAT good!

I was in a hurry sorry.

Last edited by Smofo,

Dummy

Quoted from Smofo

I was in a hurry sorry.

SO D:?!

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

This why it is banned…too much debate no conclusive winner,

djc

d2f~

a lot of people posting in this thread have no idea how gunboats actually work, apparently. it’s especially weird to see the “TWO ROCKETS” post over and over again, and making this assumption that a gunboats soldier will shoot every rocket from the apex of his jump doing 35 damage per hit to the medic below him who then easily sidesteps the third/perhaps-unloaded rocket and gives a chuffed “heh” while his team wins mid.

about the only person i trust to argue for gunboats in an intelligent, informed way is Hat, so i eagerly await his Vali-esque 4000 word essay.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »