Forum

gunboats again -.-

Created 4th October 2010 @ 00:55

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7

erratic

Quoted from djc

a lot of people posting in this thread have no idea how gunboats actually work, apparently. it’s especially weird to see the “TWO ROCKETS” post over and over again, and making this assumption that a gunboats soldier will shoot every rocket from the apex of his jump doing 35 damage per hit to the medic below him who then easily sidesteps the third/perhaps-unloaded rocket and gives a chuffed “heh” while his team wins mid.

about the only person i trust to argue for gunboats in an intelligent, informed way is Hat, so i eagerly await his Vali-esque 4000 word essay.

+1.

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Pyros rape gunboats soldiers ^_________^

Hat

Quoted from djc

a lot of people posting in this thread have no idea how gunboats actually work, apparently. it’s especially weird to see the “TWO ROCKETS” post over and over again, and making this assumption that a gunboats soldier will shoot every rocket from the apex of his jump doing 35 damage per hit to the medic below him who then easily sidesteps the third/perhaps-unloaded rocket and gives a chuffed “heh” while his team wins mid.

about the only person i trust to argue for gunboats in an intelligent, informed way is Hat, so i eagerly await his Vali-esque 4000 word essay.

tf2? you mean that game i used to play?

caned

MEAT
LEGO

Quoted from AcidReniX

Pyros rape gunboats soldiers ^_________^

we has a counter!

dont think youve guys got it: shit’s slightly OP.

a small nerf would be great

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from .

They’ve had a small nerf, they went from 75% damage reduction to 60%.

Hat

Quoted from .

this is a pretty dumb statement FYI

pray tell how gunboats are op, and if its because it allows soldiers to PWN DEM MEDICS then you are wrong

hope this helps

kuma

not op at all.

all the gunboats do is allow you to get to mid quicker and have a higher chance of succeeding a bomb on the medic.

if that’s what you guys find fun then go for it.

Last edited by kuma,

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

End of the day, its not over powered its just different. People cant be arsed to change the way they play this game, why would anyone who is not a soldier say anything positive about this unlock anyway? As it forces them play differently and try new things, where if the gunboats were banned they dont have to change the way they play or their thinking and theres less ways for a soldier to play against them.

Im a soldier and i dont like using them, losing my shotgun for 60% rocket jumping damage decrease isn’t worth it and it only works on a few situations.

Either way ETF2l wont change the rules for it this season so quit crying anyway.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

danny.

/lock ?

Rabb1T

SnG
SnG

ETF2L won’t change the way pro gamers are playing.
All unlocks should be allowed,the more weps there is,more tactics teams would play.
Now,it’s all about speed,same tactics… Fast way to the mid – spam spam spam and let’s see who will win… More guns = more options to defend and to attack.

Dummy

Quoted from Rabb1T

ETF2L won’t change the way pro gamers are playing.
All unlocks should be allowed,the more weps there is,more tactics teams would play.
Now,it’s all about speed,same tactics… Fast way to the mid – spam spam spam and let’s see who will win… More guns = more options to defend and to attack.

way to show you read the entire thread and totally are not repeating the previous six pages ^_^

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

I’ve ran gunboats for a while when I was soldier, and it was great fun being able to utilize rocket jumping more successfully, but you really don’t realize how much you use the shotgun until you lose it.

Now, I’m a Scout. And really allowing the gunboats would make my job easier vs some teams as well, because it’s easier to rape them when they don’t have a shotgun equipped.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7