Forum

gunboats again -.-

Created 4th October 2010 @ 00:55

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

caned

MEAT
LEGO

reading some of the arguments here you’d think taking out a medic would be as easy as slapping the gunboats on arriving to mid early and pew pew.

this is not the case <_< gunboats are a huge risk imo, you can completely fail because of them.

Azdean

WTH!?

Quoted from caned

reading some of the arguments here you’d think taking out a medic would be as easy as slapping the gunboats on arriving to mid early and pew pew.

this is not the case <_< gunboats are a huge risk imo, you can completely fail because of them.

Quoted for truth. Frankly the TF2 community have always been utter shit at theory.

Anyway in my opinion the gunboats are perfectly balanced, they allow a soldier to gain added mobility and speed for the price of removing one of his core weapons that’s a pretty fair trade off in my opinion.

Most soldiers practice airshot’s and most soldiers are able to use a shotgun and if that doesn’t work our medics do have the ability to dodge I honestly don’t see the issue with the boots.

Also while were on the subject I’d like to add that IF the GRU are allowed in season 9 then the gunboats and GRU will counter each other as the heavy will be at mid quick enough to defend his medic. That’s just a random insight :)

alfa

I think that they would be a very good adition and would bring new techniques and playstiles to this scene. Banning them is a good decision aswell, maybe as we have such a big league and so many people, the admins know that by allowing them, there would be alot of controversy.

Last edited by alfa,

flix

n2o

Quoted from Hat

it should :(

also the counter to gunboats is the medic not being stupid, correct positioning & good dodging > 2 rockets

which is already the case?

+1

all you need is good medic!

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from alfa

I think that they would be a very good adition and would bring new techniques and playstiles to this scene. Banning them is a good decision aswell, maybe as we have such a big league and so many people, the admins know that by allowing them, there would be alot of controversy.

Controversy about what?

caned

MEAT
LEGO

Quoted from alfa

maybe as we have such a big league and so many people, the admins know that by allowing them, there would be alot of controversy.

to use tordens analogy, the conservatives seem to have won. don’t get me wrong i’m not gonna stay up and cry at night cuz i can’t use the gunboats, hell i barely use them, and the admin team have done a great job with the map pool and organizing the season.

just that every other banned weapon has pretty much been agreed by everyone (or a huge percentage of people) to slow the game down or generally fuck it up and make it less enjoyable, yet the gunboats have no huge drawback, makes some interesting plays, and everyone can easily acquire them thanks to the new update.

above all i’d just like to hear what the reason behind the ban is.

Quoted from caned

[…]
above all i’d just like to hear what the reason behind the ban is.

As we have said numerous times, it’s because its counters have been banned.

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

TDH is probably never going to be altered to a point where it doesn’t have a game slowing effect on 6v6 though. Even if you remove the mini crits on airborne targets part of it, it’s still alot easier to get airshots with it, and tweaking the speed reduces it’s ability to perform airshots on faster moving targets.

Natasha might get it’s slow effect changed in how it’s applied, but then for atleast the mid fight the heavy would need GRU to get there in time to stop a gunboats soldier. And even with GRU the timeframe for a heavy to stop a gunboats solly on mid is really small, I mean with enough practice a gunboats soldier can get to mid at the same time or just behind the demo. GRU makes the heavy run at demo speeds, so he’d arrive just after the medic.

Last edited by herpderp,

caned

MEAT
LEGO

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

this confuses me slightly. i’m thinking does it need a solid counter? whenever i play with gunboats 2 scouts jumping all over me as soon as i get to mid is enough of a counter. or even just a soldier who whips his shotgun out soon as i’m forced to stand there reloading rockets in his face.

i guess if opinion is still divided then they should be banned for this season. i’m not looking to make the admins job even more annoying, just that i see more people in this thread who want the gunboats unbanned than those who are strongly objected to the use of them in the season.

Last edited by caned,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from caned

i see more people in this thread who want the gunboats unbanned than those who are strongly objected to the use of them in the season.

Would you post in a complaints thread if your favourite weapon was NOT banned? Those people are just happy and don’t see a need to post – their wishes have been fulfilled!

erratic

Let me just ask you guys one thing. What do you counter a roaming soldier with on mid when hes jumping your team on 260 health with his RL loaded, and his shotgun loaded. do you pull out TDH, Natasha? no you fuck him up in the air, you say on comms”Soldier jumping” and everybody target focuses that flying fuck till he dies.

Now, if its a gunboats soldier, no one can suddenly hit him! hes invincible! oh my god! those 30 health will sure give him a large advantage, when hes throwing away half his damage output!

kuma

Quoted from erratic

Let me just ask you guys one thing. What do you counter a roaming soldier with on mid when hes jumping your team on 260 health with his RL loaded, and his shotgun loaded. do you pull out TDH, Natasha? no you fuck him up in the air, you say on comms”Soldier jumping” and everybody target focuses that flying fuck till he dies.

Now, if its a gunboats soldier, no one can suddenly hit him! hes invincible! oh my god! those 30 health will sure give him a large advantage, when hes throwing away half his damage output!

it’s not always about the mid battle. and the problem at mid is that he gets there while half your team are still doing their rollouts.

Psyche

Just to clarify since I can’t be bothered to continuously answer on this thread (don’t know why I even bothered to start since this whole discussion is retarded. It won’t change anything for season 8 and all)

1. Contrary to what you might have been led to believe I used to use the gunboats, thus why I want it to stay banned because I know how much they can fuck up the game with little to no effort.
2. Losing the shotgun is NOT a big deal, as long as it is for mid and your team manages to push and capitalize on the damage / kills you have done during your aggressive play on middle point
3. My whole argument is based on using gunboats ONLY for middle points and not for the rest of the points. I happen to know this is viable and I see people using it but I won’t comment on stuff I don’t know about (Unlike certain people here)

Just my 2cents.

Last edited by Psyche,

Mike

TEZC

Quoted from Wiiking

gunboats and equ is for sollies who cant positioning correct. Learn to play the game

whenever you use equ you run into trains 8)

erratic

Quoted from kuma

[…]

it’s not always about the mid battle. and the problem at mid is that he gets there while half your team are still doing their rollouts.

Then the reason for the ban should be the speed that gunboats allow, not the hard counters being banned. Or that the medic get insta two-shotted, because that happens every mid fight!

But its alright i guess, no matter what we say it will probably still be banned, it just fucking blows. Variety is a bad thing it seems.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »