Forum

gunboats again -.-

Created 4th October 2010 @ 00:55

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

You Medics need to stop whineing and watch some Nightbox demos of how to Air Needle the jumping Gunboat opponents, get skill lads.

pukz

Quoted from konr

[…]How does someone overuse a weapon in a league?
It’d be great to have them regardless, so that the soldiers can stand a chance at getting there just after the demoman, and it may be a fun twist!

I would imagine that a soldier could surprize a demoman on badlands especially if the medic gives him a full buff before he switches to the demoman in spawn.. would only delay the healing by the same amount as a scout jumping and it would probably give the soldier enough to be in the opposition demo’s face at 48secs (Maybe i’m wrong) I bet sneis could do it.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Tapley ❤

You Medics need to stop whineing and watch some Nightbox demos of how to Air Needle the jumping Gunboat opponents, get skill lads.

Hey tapley, didn’t I needle you just yesterday in a highlander game? :P

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

I was commenting on the heavy being a (imo terrible) counter to the gunboats solly. Demo can’t jump on your med without a solly being there unless you’re doing some weird rollout (which then obviously doesn’t work!).
We do indeed agree, and I am indeed in favour of the gunboats, but that hardly matters.
I also play medic, btw.

You mean the wierd rollout of fast to mid…..

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from CommanderX

[…]

You mean the wierd rollout of fast to mid…..

Sure, if you can tell me how your medic is going to be on mid before any soldiers, by all means explain it to me, because I’ve never seen it work. Or seen it at all, for that matter.

Why would you want that anyway? :/

Last edited by Spike Himself,

fisk

KiH
KiH

[…]

Except that by the time the gunboats soldier has jumped on your medic, your heavy is still on his way to mid!

“O my god I just found some new gloves gusy! B at mid in notiemz!”

Sebb

IsF

The Holy Mackerel should be unbanned definitely.
It is the same as Baseball bat, only different Skin.
It is easy to craft “reclaimed metal + Sandman”.

Edit: I would like to see the new Boxing Gloves as well in new season.
They are easy craftable as well. reclaimed + Gloves of Boxing

Last edited by Sebb,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from fisk

[…]

“O my god I just found some new gloves gusy! B at mid in notiemz!”

The discussion was about a ‘vanilla’-heavy being a decent counter to a gunboats soldier. Please read the rest of the thread.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

tesco

mrp.

[…]

Sure, if you can tell me how your medic is going to be on mid before any soldiers, by all means explain it to me, because I’ve never seen it work. Or seen it at all, for that matter.

Why would you want that anyway? :/

rmf plugins :’D

m4tu

Quoted from caned

i thought that most people agreed the gunboats are a good addition to 6v6, maybe im wrong tho…. what do people think of them & that they’re banned from s8?

I agree, don’t ban gunboats in s8

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

i think we need a 3rd thread about this topic to discuss on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111

Psyche

Has anyone actually thought that having a gunboats soldier is actually an ADVANTAGE to the team compared to a normal soldier on mid?

Specially with little loss. You lose the shotgun…big deal. If you’re playing agressive you’re either:

1. Killing the medic / demo and dieing after
2. Dishing out enough damage so your team can push and force the others back / kill them.

Gunboats soldier puts the fight on middle from a 3 v 3 (demo + 2 scouts) into a 4 v 3 (soldier + demo + 2 scouts)

Now, in a balanced game where the 2 teams are equally skilled, who do you think is going to win? the team with 4 players on middle first or the one with 3?

Gunboats KINDA forces you to run some gunboats of you’re own or to play defensive which results in:

1. You lose ground on middle to the point of having to give up middle or get raped
2. Get raped

As long as you only use gunboats on middle you have a clear advantage… I dislike the item for that very fact. In a balanced games you either use gunboats as well or get fucked over like never before.

Last edited by Psyche,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Think the gunboats should be allowed, add an extra element to gameplay.

Also – the new Heavy gloves look sexy, could make running a heavy to middle more legit.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from pukz

[…]

I would imagine that a soldier could surprize a demoman on badlands especially if the medic gives him a full buff before he switches to the demoman in spawn.. would only delay the healing by the same amount as a scout jumping and it would probably give the soldier enough to be in the opposition demo’s face at 48secs (Maybe i’m wrong) I bet sneis could do it.

As a demo if the soldier did that to me first rollout I’d be straight on choke next rollout doing the ‘hymzi’ rollout or on Balcony with my team doing valley.

So yeah, forces you to think more. I remember my Soldier did it on mid in the Ordanance cup vs XEN team (div 3 vs mid div 5 team in us) and got there so fast he got 2 kills before our combo even got there.

Wiiking

gunboats and equ is for sollies who cant positioning correct. Learn to play the game

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »