Forum

gunboats again -.-

Created 4th October 2010 @ 00:55

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »

konr

Quoted from Orchid

I dont play solly, so I dont know how well they work in comp., but imo allowing them would spice up the game. More tactical choices and fun. As long as you dont overuse them.

How does someone overuse a weapon in a league?
It’d be great to have them regardless, so that the soldiers can stand a chance at getting there just after the demoman, and it may be a fun twist!

Tikcus

Quoted from lassizci

And what if you don’t have gunboats? You can get gunboats by a random drop or crafting. Crafting needs shitloads of items and not everyone have the needed. Also the required items are pretty much random and everyone are not that lucky.

1 Chargin’ Targe + 1 Razorback = Gun Boats

If in the last 9 and a bit months, and you actually play the game. You are telling me you have not had gun boats drop, or a chargin’ Targe and one razorback.

you sir tell lies

also 2nd slot token + soldier token + scrap = gunboats/buffbanner/battalion’s backup

33% chance of Gunboats

or craft a Chargin’ Targe 50% chance (primary+demo+scrap)
then craft a razorback 33% chance now (should have done it b4 poly update) 2nd/sniper/scrap

or just buy them £0.59 in the shop

but as wrote elsewhere the ability to obtain gun boats is not the reason they have been banned

Free The Fish

Last edited by Tikcus,

Painstouch

Allow Gunboats!!!

Allow Fish!!!

Allow fun in World of Team Fortress!

Quoted from Painstouch

Allow Gunboats!!!

Allow Fish!!!

Don’t forget the Frying Pan! A women is not complete without it! >:(

kuma

gunboats may be fun for the soldier, but they certainly aint fun for the medic

Septique

Quoted from Painstouch

Allow Gunboats!!!

Allow Fish!!!

Now pick the one thing that doesn’t belong here

CommanderX

(ETF2L Donator)
TEZC

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Except that by the time the gunboats soldier has jumped on your medic, your heavy is still on his way to mid!

Yeah cos as a medic i have never been jumped by the demoman before i got to mid on badlands that has never happened so i’m glad we can both agree on how ridiculous it would be for a class to jump your medic before he or your heavy can make it to mid

Last edited by CommanderX,

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Having to put like 4 stickies on your train straight away each round because of the risk of them running a gunboats soldier is nothing short of retarded, and makes badlands middle even more of a spamfest than it can be at times even without gunboats.

Taimou

allow gunboats plex )))))))))

Arcadizz1e

PwR
Pixie <3

Quoted from Rake

Having to put like 4 stickies on your train straight away each round because of the risk of them running a gunboats soldier is nothing short of retarded, and makes badlands middle even more of a spamfest than it can be at times even without gunboats.

pretty easy to counter it with scout placement imo, just means your twice as likely to get raped out of shit

Ashes

Vuze.

I like the ideas behind the buffbanner and the battalion’s backup, I say nerf them, and bring those in. Unfortunately the soldier has become more of a support class, but at least this will give it some more sway in the competitive scene.

“Wheres the beef”

Alx

SNSD-jjang ♥

Why no running gloves :'( Made to improve the heavy in comp play, and then banned in comp play.

Oh it is sad day.

Last edited by Alx,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from CommanderX

[…]

Yeah cos as a medic i have never been jumped by the demoman before i got to mid on badlands that has never happened so i’m glad we can both agree on how ridiculous it would be for a class to jump your medic before he or your heavy can make it to mid

I was commenting on the heavy being a (imo terrible) counter to the gunboats solly. Demo can’t jump on your med without a solly being there unless you’re doing some weird rollout (which then obviously doesn’t work!).
We do indeed agree, and I am indeed in favour of the gunboats, but that hardly matters.
I also play medic, btw.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

RaCio

GoT²

Quoted from Alx

Why no running gloves :'( Made to improve the heavy in comp play, and then banned in comp play.

Oh it is sad day.

Like I said a few times, the reason for banning is that they have been released only a few days ago. We will run cups which will test the weapons, that way we can hopefully see a balanced gru in season 9.

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from Alx

Oh it is sad day.

because why should a heavy be able to reach mid as fast as a class thats.. you know, lightweight.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 7 Next »