Forum

Please ETF2L, PLEASE reconsider the new unlock rules

Created 3rd October 2010 @ 21:20

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 18 Next »

xzr

Quoted from Tikcus

[…]

I’ve never met you, or played with you, but your maturity in here says a lot have a nice day, I’ll refrain from replying to anything you post as most of it is a waste of time

You writing your “in-depth” posts about unlocks is a waste of time. I suggest l2p! plz!

Sa6oy

From the “Rules” section:
2.2.1 Community weapons and random drop items are banned

Engineer:
Frontier Justice (new shotty): OK-ish (lower clip size but can be decisive as fire support and sentry has to get kills and assists of course)
The Wrangler: Not a problem if Engineer CL=1
The Gunslinger: Slightly OP but so are most melee unlocks

Heavy CL=1 might be much better

Last edited by Sa6oy,

demsii

EPA

Quoted from xzr

[…]

You writing your “in-depth” posts about unlocks is a waste of time. I suggest l2p! plz!

That’s rich coming from you. You’re talking about the top tier of tf2 and bla bla, you do realize that doesn’t include you right? Sup selfpwn?

The weapons need to be balanced on how the top tier of the players will be able to utilize them.

Wrong. Every person has different qualities and one can maybe utilize something better with an other weapon than an other, does that automaticly mean that if someone actually is able to utilize this skill better that it is imbalanced? I think not.
Also this “top” players crap makes me lol. A real “top” player is a player that is able to adept and learn from every situation, a player that evolves. People that wanna hold everything with the “same old” should maybe consider playing counter-strike or something. I seem to vaguely remember valve presenting a constantly updating game, maybe tf2 isn’t for you? :)

About the banned weapons, just lol. Just shows once again that there are some (head) admins in etf2l that are either completely clueless or take it so hard up the ass they might aswell start making videos like Smofo to Village People tunes. No backbone, no balls, no character.

Let’s see .. FaN .. ah yes, let’s allow the weapon when it’s at it’s fullest strength, let is be nerfed a few times and then when it’s not as powerful anymore, we ban it! Why? Because it makes sense, cuz otherwise the div1 circlejerk cries!

Natasha.. ah yes, we allow it until people actually start playing with the weapon, not mention that if a team has a good sniper or a heavy with the minigun it can easily be countered, because TCM played 2 natasha heavies a couple of times out of demonstration and limiting the heavy to 1 would be too much effort and wouldn’t please TCM enough. Not like we’ve done that with the demo or anything..

The Direct Hit.. Proven in the cup that it wasn’t even that bad, but hey, we play the cup just for fun and show, cuz we’re not gonna allow any of those weapons there anyway, ‘cept for the paintrain! (thanks racio!) .. finally a weapon for the soldier that has some speed and can be just as annoying as a demo spamming 8 stickies and 4 pipes in your face! WAIT NO, OVERPOWERED!

Sandman.. No seriously, who uses it anyway? But gotta have something to ban for show either way right? I can only imagine someone using it in a proper match as a pisstake.

Gunboats.. YES, FINALLY, YOU DON’T HAVE TO CONSTANTLY WAIT FOR THE MEDIC TO BE FAST TO MID, JUST LIKE THE DEMO’S OR SCOUT .. wait, with everyone getting a zillion weapons with the new update and even being able to trade for them, it must still be very hard to get them, so let’s just ban it for the 2 people in the league that don’t have them!

I could post about the rest, but I really cba to put even more time into this post. Actually I wasn’t even gonna post at all in this topic anymore, but thanks to a certain angry fin that noone likes, I had the need to. Have a nice night.

p.s. Seeing how long this topic is, maybe the rules about unlocks aren’t “all that yet”, hmm? Thank you for your time anyway.

Last edited by demsii,

zack

tldr

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Weapon Changes
* The Battalion’s Backup no longer gives rage for falling damage.
* The Shortstop is now affected by tf_use_fixed_weaponspreads.
* The Gloves of Running Urgently now using the boxing taunt and boxing glove weapons are now of the type “Boxing Gloves” instead of “Fists.”
* Your Eternal Reward no longer disguises the Spy if the victim survives the backstabbing attempt (because of Ubercharge, The Razorback, etc)
* Your Eternal Reward no longer disguises the Spy if they are carrying the flag.
* The Holy Mackerel no longer displays a fish hit message when a Spy disguised as the attacker’s team is hit.
* The Holy Mackerel no longer triggers other death events (like achievements or stats mods) improperly.
* The Sydney Sleeper no longer penetrates targets.
* The Sydney Sleeper no longer randomly crits.
* Milk will no longer spray from the barrels of other Scout weapons when switching from the Mad Milk.

I am not endorsing or supporting the allowing of these unlocks, just thought i would point out the fixes.

Still think not enough time has passed to allow them personally.

toasty.

PHX

Do you remember when tf2 used to get compliments about it’s community? Enough said.

Darn

rockit like

Majority of div1 supports vanilla so we´ll just use the gentleman agreement and rest of you play the game how you want. If teams decide to use too diverese tactics that I am not able to adapt or very clever strategies which will improve the gameplay like having 1v1 heavyduels to decide midfights, we´ll just play somewhere else and give our spot to a more deserving and not strategially handicapped team who aint afraid of change.

good thinking, cant we just unban all weapons anyone asks for, then while were at it lets play 12on12 matches and turn on random crits.

Angel

Scout, Soldier, Demoman and Medic – we have a 8 main weapons. From this we have a 8×8 game matrix of TF2-weapons.

Old farts so accustomed to life in this game matrix, and prohibit new dimensions (ie new weapons) under various reasons.

First we had “ban randomly dropped items”. But in the Mann-Conomy Update any items can be bought for money.

Therefore, the new prohibitions argued imbalance. Mythical imbalance, since your team can use the same(!) weapons that your enemy opponent. (Note for some guys: without random crits or 12×12 of course).

In fact, it’s simple: someone (insert-names-here) doesn’t want to learn using new features. And your tears, and over 9000 posts here will not make them do it. Ego-vs-Racio. Now Ego wins 5:0. Epic fail.

Robin Walker said 09/30: “The new game mode didn’t make it in because we simply ran out of time to get it done. So it’ll be in the next major update, which isn’t too far away” (“PC Gamer” interview, 30 Sep. 2010).

So we are waiting for a new major update from Valve. But we can’t enjoy playing with them here. Why? See above. ^^

PS It’s my IMHO only.

dauk

Quoted from Angel

Scout, Soldier, Demoman and Medic – we have a 8 main weapons. From this we have a 8×8 game matrix of TF2-weapons.

Old farts so accustomed to life in this game matrix, and prohibit new dimensions (ie new weapons) under various reasons.

First we had “ban randomly dropped items”. But in the Mann-Conomy Update any items can be bought for money.

Therefore, the new prohibitions argued imbalance. Mythical imbalance, since your team can use the same(!) weapons that your enemy opponent. (Note for some guys: without random crits or 12×12 of course).

In fact, it’s simple: someone (insert-names-here) doesn’t want to learn using new features. And your tears, and over 9000 posts here will not make them do it. Ego-vs-Racio. Now Ego wins 5:0. Epic fail.

Robin Walker said 09/30: “The new game mode didn’t make it in because we simply ran out of time to get it done. So it’ll be in the next major update, which isn’t too far away” (“PC Gamer” interview, 30 Sep. 2010).

So we are waiting for a new major update from Valve. But we can’t enjoy playing with them here. Why? See above. ^^

PS It’s my IMHO only.

I can’t write this sentince withouth saying you’re a retard. There is a big difference from competitive game and fun game, look at other competitive games. They do not have bilions of weapons or units , they have fewer but completely different and balanced , so it would take skill to kill / win. If you want to counter something that most of players whine about , use different class not a weapon. There are 9 classes for sake and each class have ± 5 weapons so this is way too much.

dunc

infs
dp.

Quoted from Angel

Ego-vs-Racio. Now Ego wins 5:0. Epic fail.

You couldn’t be more wrong if you think that RaCio’s point of view is any less egotistical than the other opinions in this thread.

EVERY opinion here is based on personal preference. RaCio enjoys playing with unlocks, there’s probably a specific one or two that he wants to use, and as a result he feels resentment towards the D1 players because they want to “take the enjoyment away from him”.

Unfortunately, from our POV, the two admins within ETF2L that seem to have the most authority are the two admins that share a similar POV on the unlocks and on D1 teams.

It doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things – Darn summed it up entirely in his post earlier. I just thought I’d point out that every opinion here is equally egotistical and equally selfish. Don’t be naive to think the only egos here are the division one players :)

Last edited by dunc,

dunc

infs
dp.

Oh, and yeah, for the record – as usual – I totally disagree with your post. I’m going to put some facts and figures up at some point but they certainly won’t look anything like your “facts” or your figures :)

Smofo

Im THAT good!

say there comes a new gun and like admins atm say all guns have to have a counter lets say the counter is another new gun, then i’m forced to use the new gun even if it’s less effective against other classes/weapons and I could not operate it as good as my prefered weapon?

dauk

Quoted from Smofo

say there comes a new gun and like admins atm say all guns have to have a counter lets say the counter is another new gun, then i’m forced to use the new gun even if it’s less effective against other classes/weapons and I could not operate it as good as my prefered weapon?

thats what I’m trying to say , use classes as a counter not weapons.

Sketch

MM

Quoted from toasty.

Do you remember when tf2 used to get compliments about it’s community? Enough said.

it still does. :D
this is a friendly debate with some overcast rage and slight showers of stupidity, granted. but its still a discussion. post the same topic in gotfrag see how mature the response is.

ive done some playing with the unlocks. the new medic saw + kritz is bloody stupid. there’s no way to easily counter. unless of course your soldier uses the new buff banner thingy. provided he is still alive.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17 18 Next »