Forum

Hi guys, wanting to get into this :)

Created 31st August 2010 @ 17:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

Medic is a blast to play in comp TF2. It fails horribly on pubs and lobbies but when you have a team of people you actually enjoy playing with it’s really a lot of fun. It may not require as much “skill” as the other classes (this isn’t quite true imo, you pretty much need the best dodging and comms on the team if you’d like to actually stay alive).

As Medic you’re pretty much the center of your team. What your team does depends heavily on how you’re doing. I think the ubercharge is one of the best concepts in gaming ever, learning how to use it properly is a whole task by itself as often I find myself either using it too early, or just after I die (aka obvious noob mistakes :P)

TL;DR – Give Medic a whirl.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Lynn

It may not require as much “skill” as the other classes

lol, what? if you think this, you’re doing it wrong.

Medic is a bad class to start out with as they should ideally be the person doing the main calling and directing the team, if you don’t know the names of places and the tactics so well yet it would be better to be directed than to direct.

Last edited by octochris,

Waebi

‹Con›

playing medic is ez. Point n’click.

freshmeatt

‹Con›

Quoted from octochris

[…]

By skill he meant eye-hand coordination.

You’d do better if you won’t jump straight into comp scene. If you really want to get into this, play like… 20 hours? on each comp class on pubs, then choose one that fits you and you have most fun playing with and just then get into specifics. Don’t read a ton of guides from the start as you might then know the details, but miss the whole point.

Step by step, sir. Pubs, lobbies, pugs, mentoring, season 9, div1 etc.

Stimpy

Quoted from Waebi

playing medic is ez. Point n’click.

^^^

What he said, Just need to add 1/2 a brain.

tesco

mrp.

i would say, pick him up :)

http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-12415/
http://etf2l.org/forum/user/39057/

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

Quoted from octochris

[…]

Medic is a bad class to start out with as they should ideally be the person doing the main calling and directing the team, if you don’t know the names of places and the tactics so well yet it would be better to be directed than to direct.

I started out playing medic and it helped me understand how all the other classes worked, saw what they can handle, what they can’t etc

DarkSlayer

i added every ones forum names, not sure if they match ther steam username or not…

kuma

That won’t work. The easiest way to do this is to click our name or avatar on the left of our posts to get to our ETF2L profiles. Then click the Steam ID to get to our community page, then add from there.

Sorry it wasn’t explained clearer before.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Vazzan

[…]

I started out playing medic and it helped me understand how all the other classes worked, saw what they can handle, what they can’t etc

medic is good to start with in pubs. medic is bad to start with in comp.

Lynn

⁄⁄nν

Quoted from octochris

[…]

You need to read the whole sentence, I said just after that:
“(this isn’t quite true imo, you pretty much need the best dodging and comms on the team if you’d like to actually stay alive).”

It’s a different kind of skill as the most common perception of it in gaming (which is usually based on DM ability)

Vazzan

TwistedPlay.

Quoted from octochris

[…]

medic is good to start with in pubs. medic is bad to start with in comp.

No I mean I started out in comp as medic and got on well, just basically play what you like no point playing a class you don’t like, give them all a shot and see which takes your fancy the most :)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3