Forum

nab is nab

Created 30th August 2010 @ 14:58

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Pharos

Hi there. I recently switched to tf2 from quake after finding it extremely addictive. Played it quite a bit at a friends house, and when he heard that I just bought the game myself, he directed me to this place. I`ve been playing quake games for the past 3 years, and looks like that gives me a little help playing scout in tf2. Did some reading about the game basics, what a scout should and should not do.
I have some questions – how can i make tf2 looks as quake, cfg? Driver edits? Without braking any rules. Also – is there such a thing as mirc pickup channels? Cus I came to a conclusion that tf2lobby is sh*t.
Basicly for now I just play deathmatch servers, training my hand to get used to the game.
If anybody is up for teaching me stuff `bout the game and the class i play, send me an invite pl0x!

Last edited by Pharos,

tesco

mrp.

some tips
http://tf2scout.blogspot.com/
http://www.ubercharged.net/2009/08/09/competitive-tf2-part-three-the-scout/

pickup
http://etf2l.org/forum/community/topic-10999/

cfg’s
http://etf2l.org/forum/general/topic-10435/?recent=213006

Last edited by tesco,

Pharos

Thank you for the CFG.
Read both of those a couple of days ago.
about the pickup chan. Will they accept a newcomer like me?

tesco

mrp.

talk to the admins, maybe they will allow to play as a trial since you’ve some experience from quake :)

Quoted from Skyride

Can I just say something here,

I’ve let a few people in the channel who normally would be disallowed, for one simple reason. Pretty much every person who asks me for an invite, it goes something a bit like this:

Person: Can I get an invite?
Me: ETF2L profile link? :)
Person: Link

1) They meet the requirements and seem to have alright english, invite them.
2) They meet the requirements but are from a country where English isn’t a well-spoken language, I chat to them or troll them a bit to test their english (I should seriously have saved them somewhere, some of them are fucking gold), then its an invite or not depending on english skills
3) They don’t meet the requirements, but seem to have ok english. I give them a chance to talk their way in, like explain why they want in, what their motives are etc. If I like their answer, we let them in and put them on the watch list (and yes, we do LITERALLY have a list).

I promise, anyone reading this looking for an invite, you can’t bullshit me if you fall in #3. ;)

(Of course theres a #4, but thats a bit redundant).

Bassically, I’m totally up for letting people learn there. Theres a guy in there atm who I let in, defo didn’t meet the requirements experience wise, but he really was a star example of #3. He speaks english as a 3rd language, and is using this chan to practice it so he can trial for euro teams. That, imo, is damn well fine by me.

Some of you really need to get over yourselves, theres people acting “elitist” about being solid div4, its actually quite disgusting, pathetic and childish.

Last edited by tesco,

Pharos

Thanks, ill give it a go!

Swifty

ξ(゜ヮ゜)ξ

NVM

Last edited by Swifty,

poxie

Quoted from Swifty

NVM

dont let swifty teach you anything about scout ever, ever!

:D

Pharos

Thanks to Waebi, who invited me into the pickup chan.
Going to play together with Sir Remix tomorrow. If anybody wants to mix with a nab like me, please invite me on steam!

Last edited by Pharos,

Pharos

After playing some lobbies with really dumb people, i`ve found out that i also like demo. So right now im between demo and scout. Talking with swifty and others, ive been told that its more of a “smart-play” class, not a no-brain just aim class. My question – could anybody help me out and explain the main role of a demo in the team, its gameplay? That would help me make my decision about my main class.
Reading this atm – http://www.ubercharged.net/2009/08/23/competitive-tf2-part-four-the-demoman/

Last edited by Pharos,

Pharos

Thanks to Ups for spending his time and going through badlands with me, teaching me demos tips and tricks, Thanks mate! :)
Also – is anybody kind enough to mix with a nab like me? Cus pixel pickups take forever to set up. =/

Last edited by Pharos,

tesco

mrp.

here maybe you can find some people
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/doublemix

Hosain H

Royal`

Eh we must have given you an overly cruel impression during that pickup and made you feel useless. You played really well considering how much experience you have, but jumping into pixel pickups is a bit of a big step right off the bat since you get people from div1-5 playing there. It’s better to be lobbying for a bit up until you feel you’re playing well enough and you know you have the basics down since people won’t be as harsh. Then you should try and join a team/come join the pickups.

konr

Quoted from Hosain H

Eh we must have given you an overly cruel impression during that pickup and made you feel useless. You played really well considering how much experience you have, but jumping into pixel pickups is a bit of a big step right off the bat since you get people from div1-5 playing there. It’s better to be lobbying for a bit up until you feel you’re playing well enough and you know you have the basics down since people won’t be as harsh. Then you should try and join a team/come join the pickups.

editlol

Last edited by konr,

Pharos

Quoted from Hosain H

I usually dont mess up as much as i did in that pickup, because i just returned from a party, a bit tipsy and went straight to playing a pickup. i usually need to warm up a bit and i do alright.

Nagash

[CiC]
CiC

add me on steam and i can arrange something for you in regards mixes, etc

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »