Forum

Ban Natascha?

Created 15th June 2010 @ 11:44

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 11 Next »

dougiie

CotC

I think its fine, limit it to 1.

kuma

I would normally be in favour of not banning and adapting to the new metagame.

However, the meta in which Nataschas are allowed with the new Heavy buff and the means in which to counter it is not a direction which is good for TF2 as a fun game, or for spectating.

Last edited by kuma,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Mark

Would be nice to see a heavy limit of 1.

+1

Randdalf

(0v0)

“A new tactic is emerging and it’s slightly more effective than our old one, let’s ban it!”

I’m just of the opinion that you should let things evolve rather than constantly trying to keep things the same.

kuma

Quoted from Randdalf

“A new tactic is emerging and it’s slightly more effective than our old one, let’s ban it!”

I’m just of the opinion that you should let things evolve rather than constantly trying to keep things the same.

It’s not about keeping it the same, it’s about controlling the evolution so gameplay improves.

If an unlock made the game more skillful/faster-paced, I’m sure everyone would accept it.

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from kuma

However, the meta in which Nataschas are allowed with the new Heavy buff and the means in which to counter it is not a direction which is good for TF2 as a fun game, or for spectating.

I kinda disagree with this, if a team is defending with natascha, it brings in the option of sniper/spy, which can be nice to spectate. TF2 as a fun game, lets be honest, alot of people on this forum do not see it as such.

Ripple

Natasha is annoying. ban pls <.<

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from Ripple

Natasha is annoying. ban pls <.<

lol

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

Quoted from kuma

However, the meta in which Nataschas are allowed with the new Heavy buff and the means in which to counter it is not a direction which is good for TF2 as a fun game, or for spectating IN MY OPINION

fixed it for ya.

First off running 2 natascha heavies is the same as running 2 normal heavies, they are only effective when defending a point (like last point). Its a valid tactic, turtle idea, but is counterable effectively.

Second, i would like to know what these heavy buffs are you’re talking about, you can’t seriously be talking about the little faster the heavy weapon spins now do ya?

Third, which team using 2 natascha heavies did you loose so badly to that you made this post?

:D

Tikcus

Quoted from kuma

I would normally be in favour of not banning and adapting to the new metagame.

as far as you are concerned, spectators like games that are end to end, and if you want my opinion to improve tf2 as far as spectators care, it’s the uber charge that needs removing!

Spectators get bored watching 2 teams grind uber, if they don’t know TF2 they don’t know what’s happening and they switch off, so to improve tf2 as a spectator sport ban medics from using an uber, the thought is rediculous.

Don’t try and justify a reason to ban unlocks to try and improve viewing.

If a natasha heavy allows a team to defend last and push back out so be it, watching a team push out from last is alot more fun than watching a team roll

*edit*

on a side note, we a lowly division 6 clan, ended up in a mismatched PCW on badlands against a div 4 team, we were quickly 3-0 down, we went ok not working so to mid we ran 2 sodleirs, a demo, and 2 heavies, we ended up losing 4-2.

if we had stayed with the conventional setup, we’d have lost 5-0.

Let’s not cripple the chances of lesser players using better tactics to their advantage, just because some ‘better’ players don’t want to learn to counter it or adapt their tactics in any way.

This would be like FIFA or the FA saying every team has to play 4-4-2, even though in certain games they would be at a massive skill disadvantage, where if they were allowed to play 5-4-1 and keep 10 men behind the ball they may have been able to upset the odds and get a result against a stronger team

Last edited by Tikcus,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

exfane – lol

Can’t see why you need to ban something when you can just learn effective ways to counter. If you run a heavy it normally means your team is less mobile when pushing forward, always a way to counter something…

If a team turtles however…well that is a different debate altogether.

Last edited by Hildreth,

xzr

Can the people who have no fucking clue please get off this thread? Thank you!

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from xzr

Can the people who have no fucking clue please get off this thread? Thank you!

ok, you are correct about everything. we are very sorry for having an opinion :((

dauk

just unban tdh so sollies can easily kill natasha heavies.

Inuy

#sadboys

limit 1 , is a bit op.

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 11 Next »