DeutschLAN 2015: Main Thread

Created 17th January 2015 @ 20:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 57 Next »

Hallow

P.O.P

Quoted from skeej

[…]

[…]

Ah i get it now, so when I invited some dutchies over to my house to play tf2 on lan, i was being an asshole for ruining the tf2 scene cause i didnt make it a proper lan the way you envision it?

where have you found this “we like hl and therefore make this hl lan for friends of ours”. in my first serious post i already adressed this, i’m wondering if it being a hl lan was more than a decision of a few.

foungi

0fo
0FO

Quoted from foungi

[…]

as i have stated earlier, we have economic reasons to make this lan hl focused. while a democratic discussion and decision is ethically favorable, it’s not practical because a. most players who plan on attending i52/info can’t say now whether they’ll be able/ want to make the trip to DeutschLan in september and b. because unfortunately the organisers are taking responsibility without being paid for it or any insurance. a 100% transparent discussion is not possible (we can’t just post every email response on the forum), and i don’t feel comfortable having to execute what people who aren’t properly informed have decided.

Clark

SDCK!

Quoted from skeej

Ah i get it now, so when I invited some dutchies over to my house to play tf2 on lan, i was being an asshole by ruining the tf2 comp scene because i didnt invite the whole community and set up a proper 6s tournament structure?

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/25074673.jpg

Hallow

P.O.P

yeah sorry for not adressing that before foungi. its a very legitimate response, and despite my attitude i dont wanna discredit your work. in the end any lan is a good thing. im just trying to defend my own reasoning at this point.

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Hallow can you cut the bullshit and move on with your life? If you want to help organise stuff you are gladly welcome to join us in our meetings. If you want to join us at Lan then you are gladly welcome to participate at Lan. and if you dont want to come to lan we will be glad to not see you there since you would only use up a slot up for someone that wants to go to Lan.

If you like the location but not the gamemode then I’d suggest for you to go contact mta by yourself and start doing your own lan. ( but that would imply that you would actually do something for the community and it seems that you just wanna hate on the forums)

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from HartzFartz

Hallow can you cut the bullshit and move on with your life? If you want to help organise stuff you are gladly welcome to join us in our meetings. If you want to join us at Lan then you are gladly welcome to participate at Lan. and if you dont want to come to lan we will be glad to not see you there since you would only use up a slot up for someone that wants to go to Lan.

If you like the location but not the gamemode then I’d suggest for you to go contact mta by yourself and start doing your own lan. ( but that would imply that you would actually do something for the community and it seems that you just wanna hate on the forums)

Are we not allowed to debate the decision of making this a HL focused lan?

Hallow

P.O.P

my lack of time doesnt render my arguments invalid. youre just upset at me.

ducky

Quoted from kKaltUu

=>INSERT PLAYER NAME HERE<= please keep it civil, this is a thread to discuss the LAN.

Is there really a need to repeat this again?

The people organizing this event have spent a large amount of time ,effort and resources to make it possible in the first place.

If they deem it necessary to have the LAN be HL only for the time being then so be it.

I personally don't think that HL is a gamemode that deserves this kind of amazing LAN, that including 6s would benefit it in one way or another.
But do you see me complaining about it?

Nobody forces you to go there,watch or compete in it.

In fact if having a LAN that features 6s is so important to you then go ahead and organize one yourself,too.
That place isn't exclusive ,anyone can go and reserve it to host an event.

But then again that would take time and effort.
Time that most people aren't willing to spend,effort that most people aren't willing to put into a cause like this.

Because it's so much easier to sit at home and bitch on the forums then actually do something constructive for a change.

For the third and last time: This thread is about the DeutschLAN and the DeutschLAN only.

If you want to continue with your mindless complaining and gamemode-warfare you can go ahead and post those replies in a sub-forum where this kind of mentality belongs:

http://etf2l.org/forum/trash/

moursi

(Big Poppa)
bobs

I got an error accessing the sub-forum

Hallow

P.O.P

quote the posts where I’m not being civil. explain to me how what i’m saying isn’t relevant to the lan. explain to me how you’re in any position to blow it off as “trash” without actually adressing anything i’ve said directly.

you’re trying to ban me from critisising something, which isn’t a very civil attitude. an admin recently recommended this sub-forum for uncivil posts: http://etf2l.org/forum/trash/

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from ducky

[…]–

I don’t think banning discussion has solved anything ever, and just because time and effort were put into something doesn’t give it a free pass from criticism. But okay then you’re the admin.

skyro

#SaveMelee

Quoted from Hallow

quote the posts where I’m not being civil. explain to me how what i’m saying isn’t relevant to the lan. explain to me how you’re in any position to blow it off as “trash” without actually adressing anything i’ve said directly.

you’re trying to ban me from critisising something, which isn’t a very civil attitude. an admin recently recommended this sub-forum for uncivil posts: http://etf2l.org/forum/trash/

Get off your high horse already Hallow, nobody in this thread wants you here.

Last edited by skyro,

Hallow

P.O.P

mate im a mediocre gamer with avg intelligence at best i don’t see where my high horse is

for reference:
http://strawpoll.me/3433077

Last edited by Hallow,

Popcorp

Quoted from Hallow

Quoted from Hallow

might go to call ur gamemode shit in person

Hallow

P.O.P

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

[…]

That’s only arguably uncivil and it was before kaltuus warning anyway, and hence irrelevant to ducky’s post.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 57 Next »