Fe |

Quoted from Morphine

[…]

inb4’d. but nice analogy :D

foungi

0fo
0FO

Quoted from Nymthae

did you get past the early Sunday finish?

they avoided this question til now, but i’m pretty sure that we can work something out if we can get some sort of cleaning crew/help them with returning the site into its normal holiday village state. afaik the three guys who organise the other mta lans are doing all that on their own and need more time.

Hallow

P.O.P

Quoted from Morphine

[…]

You sound really entitled, armchair critic more than anything. So a bunch of HL-orientated players organise a HL lan, where did chance come into play in this exactly?

It’s like going to a vegetarian restaurant complaining they don’t serve meat, when the majority of the population does. That’s just dumb. They exist for a reason and this lan was created with HL players in mind so that these guys have a proper tournament that’s not just some kind of ‘pizza competition’ like the situation we have in i-Series.

everyone eats and no one play comp tf2, relatively. we dont have to take the sustainability of the eating scene into consideration even if we force everyone to eat meat. people’ll eat.

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

?

http://i.imgur.com/OslN6rW.gif

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Well I’m very afraid that the tournament itself will be a complete joke since fielding 9 players from a roster isn’t an easy task. There’ll essentially be 1-2 good team and the rest of the teams lolxdmixes

cu@deutschLan next year

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from cmd

There’ll essentially be 1-2 good team and the rest of the teams lolxdmixes

Well, I guess “lolxdmixes” imply that people have fun playing, which is the whole point of this event, really. So you just proved our point, thank you for that! (:

Hallow

P.O.P

i thought the point was to for once offer serious competition in a lan setting for highlander?

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from DCS

[…]

Well, I guess “lolxdmixes” imply that people have fun playing, which is the whole point of this event, really. So you just proved our point, thank you for that! (:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=strawman

Popcorp

Quoted from cmd

Well I’m very afraid that the tournament itself will be a complete joke since fielding 9 players from a roster isn’t an easy task. There’ll essentially be 1-2 good team and the rest of the teams lolxdmixes

If you check i-series and InfoShow teams, you’ll see that they have the same situation, 1-2 good teams and that’s it, so HL LAN and 6s LAN are not that different in terms of Team Quality, so what you just said is true but it applies to 6s LANs as well.

rytis

PrettyGay

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

If you check i-series, you’ll see that they have the same situation, 1-2 good teams and that’s it, so HL LAN and 6s LAN are not that different in terms of Team Quality, so what you just said is true but it applies to 6s LANs as well.

are you daft?

Hallow

P.O.P

iseries had 8 serious teams idk what youre on about

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

If you check i-series and InfoShow teams, you’ll see that they have the same situation, 1-2 good teams and that’s it, so HL LAN and 6s LAN are not that different in terms of Team Quality, so what you just said is true but it applies to 6s LANs as well.

have you actually followed any of the summer iseries?

Popcorp

http://comp.tf/wiki/InfoShow_LAN_Party_2014 – Majority Mix teams

http://comp.tf/wiki/Insomnia52 – 9 mix teams and 7 serious ones. ( 4 serious EU teams)

But ofc, 6s will have more REAL teams coming, because it’s easier to get 6 players than 9, but getting at least 2 real HL teams into LAN, is already an achievement.

Last edited by Popcorp,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Hallow

i think every lan should aim to be the best competitive tf2 experience it can be, and while the current state of this lan isn’t inherently worse than any other, it very well could be and that should be discussed further.

Quoted from Hallow

[…]

everyone eats and no one play comp tf2, relatively. we dont have to take the sustainability of the eating scene into consideration even if we force everyone to eat meat. people’ll eat.

Ah i get it now, so when I invited some dutchies over to my house to play tf2 on lan, i was being an asshole by ruining the tf2 comp scene because i didnt invite the whole community and set up a proper 6s tournament structure?

Last edited by skeej,

Hallow

P.O.P

it being an achievement is irrelevant. its a question of whether its worth it

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 ... 57 Next »