DeutschLAN 2015: Main Thread

Created 17th January 2015 @ 20:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 57 Next »

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Hello fellow gamers!

A little while back, our beloved Germany foungi had the idea for a “very special TF2 exclusive LAN”. Said idea caught fire very, very quickly; faster than Kaidus gets to process mid. To put it in a nutshell, a group of people has been working on developing this idea ever since. So here we go!

Germany foungi and his minions proudly present:

The very first Team Fortress 2 DeutschLAN!

WHEN? 

From 11th – 13th September 2015!

WHERE?

Natur Ferienpark, Nieheim, Germany! (http://www.mtalan.de). You can imagine this place as a sort of gamer´s village!

WHAT?

This is a community event, teams from all countries and skill-levels are very welcome to participate!

After controverse discussions we decided to make this a Highlander LAN. We will have enough spots (roughly 160 players) for 18 Highlander teams. However, if we can foresee that we cannot fill these spots with Highlander teams only, we might decide at a point waaay in the future to let 6v6 teams participate. But for now, and hopefully forever, we want to provide a HL-exclusive LAN to have a nice and chilled weekend at the end of the intense LANsummer. Of course in between games you can play whichever gamemode you please.

How do I sign up for this amazing event? 

In contrast to our initial idea, the signups will not be run through ETF2L.

SIGNUPS ARE OPEN NOW!

Head over to http://www.mtalan.de/anmeldungmta94-5/addalletf2.php and register your team today!

One player of your team (does not have to be the ETF2L Teamleader) will collect and transfer the signup fee from all 9 players, but only 8 players will be allowed to stay at one house.
To sign up your team you only need to transfer 50% right now, the rest can be played later. . However, there will be no refunds once you did pay that 50%. So make sure you will get 9 gamers, no matter what!If you want to arrive early on thursday, at least 4 people have to stay at the same house. So you can only arrive thursday, if you find 3 other persons of your team that share this intention.

In your reason for payment you will have to put the text that is sent to you via email after registering.

Please note, that the tenant is liable for everything that happens in this house. We appeal to every participant to behave and treat everyone and everything with the the respect of the common sense. This LAN is a prototype for hopefully more to come and we do not want to have any troubles with the owners of MTA.

That sounds really nice and all, but what does this cost?

2 wonderful nights at the LAN (Friday-Sunday) will cost you 85€ per person (+15€ for early arrival on Thursday, 10th), not including travelcost. We like to think this is highly affordable for the average poor gamer (*cough* … insomnia… *cough*). Details about where to send the money will be sent to you via Email once you filled out the form above!

Yo, where do I sleep and stuff?

That’s the best part: this place is made for LANS! We will have 20 houses available for our players, each can be filled with 8 people. Now, we know Highlander is a 9v9 gamemode, which is why we talked to the owner of MTA and it is perfectly okay to have set up 9 PCs and players in one house. However, we are not allowed to let 9 people actually sleep at the same place, there are only 8 beds and it was being made clear to us, that we are not legally allowed to have more than 8 stay overnight at one house. Housing, on the bright side, includes –amongst other things- 2 bathrooms, 8 beds, a fully equipped kitchen…. If we are a bit lucky and it does not rain, we might be able to setup outside for the Knockout-stages of the tournament, but otherwise the only drawback to this housing is that we do not have a mainstage.

What if I am underaged but still want to participate?

We said some weeks ago, that there can only be one minor in every house. This was a MISUNDERSTANDING with the guys from MTA. However every tenant needs to be at least 18 years of age, and has to check that every minor in the house has a guardian. These are requirements from the MTA organisers.

German law is pretty strict, and we can’t assure you that every information we give you is 100% correct. Every Guardian has to be at least 18 years old. The minor as well as the guardian have to be sober the whole time.

The PARENTS, the GUARDIAN as well as the MINOR HIMSELF need to SIGN a document that states that:

the guardian is a legal guardian by the minor’s parents’ permission for the whole duration of the journey (insert dates), as well as the specific participation at the “MTA 94.5 TF2”
the minor’s pc is free of viruses or illegal content, as well as content that is not suitable for minors.
neither of the two LAN participants is going to drink alcohol/take other drugs
the minor can sleep two nights from 11th September until 13th September at the Natur-Ferienpark in Nieheim, Germany.
The document also needs to contain copies of the minor’s, the guardian’s as well as the parents’ passports.

We are trying to provide you with an official form ASAP. All information on this topic is errors and omissions excepted. We do not legally claim that the information given above is complete and correct.

Please note that we accept “tourists” (i.e. players without teams) Contact me if you wish to come to LAN but dont want to/ cannot play.

Sponsorship

We are currently looking for a new named/main sponsor. However any donations or other sponsors are much appreciated. If you want to help in this matter, go ahead and check out our indiegogo campaign >>> http://igg.me/at/deutschlan <<< and donate, to make this event even bigger and better!

How do I get there?

You can take a flight to nearby airports, like Cologne, Paderborn or Dortmund. The place does not have a train station itself, although some smaller ones are nearby (Sandebeck, Steinheim, Altenbeken). We are working on a solution to get you to the actual village from those stations via shuttle service or something comparable. To book a train ticket visit http://www.bahn.de/p_en/view/index.shtml .
Some train connections are rather expensive, check out http://meinfernbus.de/en for a possibly cheaper and faster way to get to Paderborn/Bielefeld and then take a train from there.
This is the official topic for this event, you can go ahead and ask questions here. I will try to answer them all at some point. For reoccurring ones, I will add them to the post above.

Make also sure to check out our official announcement post on the home page of ETF2L:

http://etf2l.org/2015/05/06/deutschlan-2015-sponsored-by-tf2center-com-signups-open/

This is gonna be LEGEN…waitforitbecauseitisstillalmost4monthstillthen…DARY! LEGENDARY!!!

FAQ:

Do I have to bring my own PC/Laptop?

Yes.

Can my team bring more than 1 underaged player?

Yes.

Last edited by DCS,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

rip dream

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Team Nein LAN reform???

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Ez tournament win for FairEnough

Last edited by DCS,

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

=[

foungi

0fo
0FO

Quoted from MARS^

Team Nein LAN reform???

but i can’t mute you in real life B)

if i’m not too busy during the lan itself i’m in

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

That’s the best part: this place is made for LANS! We will have 20 houses available for our players, each can be filled with 8 people. Now, we know Highlander is a 9v9 gamemode, which is why we talked to the owner of MTA and it is perfectly okay to have set up 9 PCs and players in one house. However, we are not allowed to let 9 people actually sleep at the same place, there are only 8 beds and it was being made clear to us, that we are not legally allowed to have more than 8 stay overnight at one house.

There’s always that one guy in a team that nobody likes.

kaptain

wG

Quoted from DCS

However, we are not allowed to let 9 people actually sleep at the same place, there are only 8 beds and it was being made clear to us, that we are not legally allowed to have more than 8 stay overnight at one house.

are people supposed to tell 1 player in their team to fuck off and sleep in a tent? or how is this going to work

Quoted from kaptain

[…]

are people supposed to tell 1 player in their team to fuck off and sleep in a tent? or how is this going to work

Extra house

foungi

0fo
0FO

it’s literally just for sleeping, game and hang out wherever you want. ideas are a house for girls, in case some want to come but not share a house/bathroom with fat ugly nerds. we could also use the non gaming houses as party houses

sno

UbeR |
itsallgood

Zocken jaaaah

dAGNER

duplo

Quoted from kaptain

[…]

Sleep in shifts?

skyro

#SaveMelee

The timing for this event is really nice. I might just show up :)

moursi

(Big Poppa)
bobs

Quoted from smziii

rip dream

.zero

-chess-

Spy main house after all.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 57 Next »