Forum

I49 23rd August - 26th August - The Official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 27th March 2013 @ 10:24

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19 ... 21 Next »

Enef

fest
#wubafan

“Anyone who has paid for the Early Arrival service can arrive on Thursday evening; Early Arrival service check-in officially starts at 6pm Thursday, but we try to start it as early as possible from 12am. ”

just got that in an email Chappers, check it out, i think they mean 12PM though, not AM.

Last edited by Enef,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Enef

“Anyone who has paid for the Early Arrival service can arrive on Thursday evening; Early Arrival service check-in officially starts at 6pm Thursday, but we try to start it as early as possible from 12am. ”

just got that in an email Chappers, check it out, i think they mean 12PM though, not AM.

By check in, do they mean registering or actually taking your stuff into the Event?

gumpster

-|MOD|-

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

By check in, do they mean registering or actually taking your stuff into the Event?

Registering is what they call “check in” over here. Taking stuff into the event is at 6pm.

* Please note they may well open Ludlow Bar area to accommodate for the waiting time!!

Last edited by gumpster,

Fallen

TC

Pretty sure they mean access to the hall. At i46 at least im sure it was open around 4pm

Quoted from hawku

[…]

Well shit, this is new and wonderful news

Check in isn’t taking your stuff in.

Cheers Enef, appreciated

WOODY[

Op4

what time are games meant to start on Friday?

gumpster

-|MOD|-

Quoted from Fallen

Pretty sure they mean access to the hall. At i46 at least im sure it was open around 4pm

Access to the halls has been always at 6pm, they have been known to open earlier IF set up is done and dusted.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

They have opened the halls earlier before but yeah mainly they’ve gotten check-in open really quite early, and the bar. Then, when the halls do open it’s less of a complete kafuffle.

tomorrow, HYPE.

atmo

hey Tapley could you swap me and Maidu? H3-V34 and V35. We’re both split from our teams. Cheers.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Sorry mate the seat picker is locked now, you’ll have to ask at the desk when you get there or just swap over your sheets of paper when you get to lan.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Although the Insomnia49 Seat Picker has officially locked, we will be re-opening it today to allow seated ticket holders to make last-minute changes. The Seat Picker will permanently lock at 22:00 BST tonight (Wednesday), so you need to get any changes enacted as soon as possible.

Presumably this could be done later?

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Need peoples opinions.

2 groups of 4 (yanks + ozzies +top 6 in europe playing for seedings all will get promoted to knockouts)

OR

If i can squeeze 7 hours out of the Friday evening + bit of Saturday morning should we try to go for creating one mega group with the top 8 teams playing each other once?

Pro’s and cons for both, what would people prefer to see/play in. Worrying about burning out our poor pro gamers sticky fingers.

beta

RaWr ::

How would you seed with 2 groups of 4? We could have a lot of people sharing scores

If you can fit it in…1 group is my vote

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

Having results for all teams = good.

Chance of things actually keeping to time? Probably not brilliant, let’s face it. I don’t think all of the teams will really want to be stuck to doing that, it’s a long time. I’d likely stick with the groups of 4 and try to get teams to organise a couple of pcws with the teams from the other groups? Something good to cast, but without the tournament forcing it and then they have a bit more freedom for food and so on.

I expect most teams would do that willingly in this case, so I reckon it could work.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from beta

How would you seed with 2 groups of 4? We could have a lot of people sharing scores

If you can fit it in…1 group is my vote

This

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 17 18 19 ... 21 Next »