Forum

I46 - 24th - 27th August - The official HYPE And Questions Thread!

Created 8th May 2012 @ 11:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 ... 45 Next »

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from MIndYe

Got a rental PC, thank god. Will I be able to take it to my seat? If I pay a deposit or sumting.

yeah think the deposit is like £200

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

If you want to move it afaik you gotta raise a ticket first, you pick your PC at the help desk then you have to wait for two hours whilst they try and find the PC that you are meant to get.

Once you receive the PC and find out that it doesn’t work, wait 30 minutes for them to find another one, once this is done wait for another 30 minutes after realising that the PC they gave you isn’t one of the rental ones and wait for them to actually give you the one you paid for.

After doing this install the GFX drivers and you are good to go.

Excluding this is was pretty decent service, as long as you don’t take anything from the PC you get your £200 back.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Just to give you an idea guys, initially 20 i7 machines and 11 Quad core Packard Bells (runs TF2 well but a few years old now, cheaper however) are available so hurry! No guarentee if anymore TUP machines can be made available.

KharneUK

Those confused about TUP and BYOC – the TF2 is strictly a BYOC tournament, but we have “TUP” style rental PCs you can use.

Check out more on the site: http://iseries.multiplay.co.uk/2012/06/07/i46/insomnia46-pc-rental-live/

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Just got an answer from multiplay if anyone else was wondering as well.

“You will be able to game from Thursday with the PC rental and if you pay the deposit you will be able to move the pc to another seat, please pick this seat on the seat picker.”

So rental PC and EAS is a good combo. And there’s a £200 deposit to play from your seat.

atmo

Absolutely broke right now, was hoping the rentals would show up later. I guess I’ll have to go with the original train + ferry plan. Unless you can check a desktop PC in on a Ryanair flight?

Trell

|UKCS|

Quoted from atmo

Absolutely broke right now, was hoping the rentals would show up later. I guess I’ll have to go with the original train + ferry plan. Unless you can check a desktop PC in on a Ryanair flight?

You can, but you’ll pay excess baggage charge of like 20€ PER kilo, thats what they tried to charge me anyway.

This lan I’m just flying across my monitor and components, hoping to borrow a psu and case whilst there :X

Comedian

how much ir ryanair carryon baggage? you could try bringing a small, aluminium case to lan, is what i did

case did cost ~85 euro to buy….. (Lian Li PC-A05FNB)

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

342 for TF2 currently o.
News on the American developments should be happening next week, keep your eyes open. (hype)

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Tell Valve, get Robin Walker to attend.

shdwpuppet

Quoted from Tapley ❤

342 for TF2 currently o.
News on the American developments should be happening next week, keep your eyes open. (hype)

bad tapley, american hype is my job.

but seriously, News incoming this weekend or early next week. Prepare your wallets.

Comedian

Quoted from shdwpuppet

[…]

bad tapley, american hype is my job.

but seriously, News incoming this weekend or early next week. Prepare your wallets.

http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/6aqf_irqq-M/hqdefault.jpg

Last edited by Comedian,

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Comedian

how much ir ryanair carryon baggage? you could try bringing a small, aluminium case to lan, is what i did

case did cost ~85 euro to buy….. (Lian Li PC-A05FNB)

Ryanairs carryon baggage allowance is set at 10kg. I’ve flown with them a lot of times when travelling for rugby and they have never weighed my bag which normally comes in around 20kg. The bag dimensions have to be 55cm x 40cm x 20cm so it will fit in the over head compartment. Typically with Ryanair, if it doesn’t look too big or heavy they’ll let you on to the plane with it.

Easyjet have the same dimension restrictions but the weight limit is 20kg, when I’ve flown with them they have weighed my hand luggage and they’re dead keen to charge people if they’re overweight too.

Depending on monitors and what not you can almost certainly get one of those in to the hand luggage if you take the stand off. Small PC towers might be able to fit too, but I think the best option would be to break down the components and see if anyone in the UK has an old tower knocking about.

BoneS

swimp
ciortai

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bbV-GlhiZ8

shdwpuppet

As promised, I have news.

eXtv is prepared to officially announce here that we are indeed sending Americans to i46 in order to compete and bolster international community spirit. However, because of our own upcoming ESEA LAN (which is in two weeks) and the fact that certain teams are still trying to raise funding to go to that, we are not releasing details about our campaign, where you can donate, how much money we are estimated to need etc until this upcoming weekend at the latest.

I can tell you that who will be going is to be decided in a showmatch tournament between top NA teams shortly following the conclusion of ESEA LAN.

I know that people are growing impatient with us having to delay announcements, but at this time, this is the best we can do because we do not want to interfere with ESEA LAN fundraising efforts. Rest assured that we will move quickly and have more details for everyone at the soonest available opportunity.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 19 20 21 ... 45 Next »