Forum

[BoA] Battle of Amsterdam - new information TBA

Created 23rd January 2012 @ 14:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19 20 ... 29 Next »

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

if you want ze big moneyz play sc2 dota or whatever , tf2 is all about sound people playing together and having fun

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from schocky

most of the top teams will not visit the LAN (together as a team), if the cash prize is too low. thats fact.

Again this is literally only applicable to Epsilon. Infused are going, and essentially those are the only two teams that could hope to be funded to ANY international event at this point. Any other team only needs the incentive of the attendance of other teams, as they have no org to care about the cash, and no real hope of winning it anyway.

Though just throwing it out there, but if Epsilon won’t send you I don’t see why we can’t do something similar to how the yanks play it and fundraise that shit. Would be a massive shame otherwiset (though if you’re arrogant enough to not even try to self-fund it before hand that’s a different matter…).

Note: Don’t mean anything by that last bit, but just saying.

Last edited by kaidus,

schocky

ist doof

but i guess for wltrs isnt easy to come … for infused its easy.

Fundraising would be a good idea imo

Trane

Quoted from schocky

but i guess for wltrs isnt easy to come … for infused its easy.

Out of interest, how come its easier for cookye than wltrs?

schocky

ist doof

it is easier for infused (AT ALL) … think about it what i’ve written.

kaidus

WiK?

I’m not saying you should be able to afford it off your own backs, I’m just saying that it’s stupid to take the approach that just because the org doesn’t pay it means you don’t go. Hence why I propose the fundraising approach iff the individual players can’t afford it since Epsilon are the stand out “must have” team since Infused are already covered. I don’t see it being hard to achieve at all considering all of your players, bar wltrs, live in countries that directly neighbour (either by land or sea, apart from france but belgium’s so shmall I pretend it’s not there) the netherlands.

IPZIE

SUAVE

this whole “we dont go there if the prizemoney is not right – thingy”

Y I DONT GET IT ?

atmo

Quoted from kaidus

Hence why I propose the fundraising approach iff the individual players can’t afford it since Epsilon are the stand out “must have” team since Infused are already covered.

To be fair, the lower div teams are already partly bankrolling the higher teams through the competition’s prize money.

kaidus

WiK?

Well, when I said “like NA does it” because in NA I believe their fundraisers have had stipulations wherein some of the prize money goes back into the community if a community funded team wins something.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from kaidus

Well, when I said “like NA does it” because in NA I believe their fundraisers have had stipulations wherein some of the prize money goes back into the community if a community funded team wins something.

Yeah that makes more sense, because i’ll be fucked if im giving Randa any money just so he can buy more Hollister T-shirts.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Quoted from Trane

[…]

Out of interest, how come its easier for cookye than wltrs?

Drunken fins wander off alot.. it’s possible he’s already in holland when he sobers up.

schocky

ist doof

i never said that epsilon does not go

Qun

GoT<3

Second game most likely will be DotA 2.

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from Qun

Second game most likely will be DotA 2.

Awesome!