Forum

rates, cl_interp, interp_ratio....

Created 18th October 2008 @ 19:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

Johs

FNR!

So basically, I should set updaterate + cmdrate at 66, rate to 20000-30000 and set cl_interp as low as possible as long as is not yellow? Can’t bother to read the wall of text when I wont get the most of it.

Exfane

EPA
TWIN

Quoted from Johs

So basically, I should set updaterate + cmdrate at 66, rate to 20000-30000 and set cl_interp as low as possible as long as is not yellow?

basically yes

Johs

FNR!

thanks

Charged Light

My Interpolation cfg
http://depositfiles.com/files/s6v74mtz9
Installation and instructions are in the file.

Last edited by Charged Light,

Tikcus

Quoted from Johs

So basically, I should set updaterate + cmdrate at 66, rate to 20000-30000 and set cl_interp as low as possible as long as is not yellow? Can’t bother to read the wall of text when I wont get the most of it.

if your connection can handle it, but cl_interp should not be set to a random low value

“Source Engine v14/v15 / Orange Box Engine (TF2 – DoD S) + Left 4 Dead Engine
cl_interp = cl_interp_ratio / cl_updaterate”

dioxid

<^^><

Hello, could someone help me with setting up the right rates?
At the moment I’m using these (playing mainly scout):

rate 30000;
cl_interp 0.019;
cl_interp_ratio 1;
cl_cmdrate 67;
cl_updaterate 67;

and here is what I get in-game with net-graph (link to pic)
Anyway my ping isn’t 80+ mostly, just that as random server I chose.
My avarage ping is about max 60.
About lerp numbers/colors – they aren’t orange all the time, they tend to flicker from yellow to orange,but stays at 19ms.
(I’m pretty new to these rate things,so don’t flame me,ty)

Any suggestions or these settings are ok?

Last edited by dioxid,

Pyle

Quoted from dioxid

Hello, could someone help me with setting up the right rates?
At the moment I’m using these (playing mainly scout):

rate 30000;
cl_interp 0.019;
cl_interp_ratio 1;
cl_cmdrate 67;
cl_updaterate 67;

and here is what I get in-game with net-graph (link to pic)
Anyway my ping isn’t 80+ mostly, just that as random server I chose.
My avarage ping is about max 60.
About lerp numbers/colors – they aren’t orange all the time, they tend to flicker from yellow to orange,but stays at 19ms.
(I’m pretty new to these rate things,so don’t flame me,ty)

Any suggestions or these settings are ok?

Try:

rate 35000
cl_interp 0.1
cl_interp_ratio 1
cl_cmdrate 66
cl_updaterate 66

dauk

when i use cl_interp 0.1 it seems pipes and rockets flew not from models at all.

Pyle

Quoted from dauk

when i use cl_interp 0.1 it seems pipes and rockets flew not from models at all.

Yes… For demo/soldier/sniper you better get it as low as possible. For scout, I prefer 0.1.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

cl_smoothtime is also a nice variable to tweak. Default is 0.1, I’ve set it to 0.05. Some people use 0.01 but I found that 0.05 helps a bit vs laggy players.

dioxid

<^^><

Thanks, Private Gomer Pyle, for the quick reply.
Tried those rates, now I get white lerp color (pic), that is better than flickering yellow/orange right?
And these rates are good if I play scout, but if I need to play for example soldier, I just need to reduce cl_interp?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from dioxid

Tried those rates, now I get white lerp color (pic), that is better than flickering yellow/orange right?

Orange does not indicate a problem, yellow does.

White is good if you want to make sure you don’t go into the yellow though.

Pyle

Quoted from dioxid

Thanks, Private Gomer Pyle, for the quick reply.
And these rates are good if I play scout, but if I need to play for example soldier, I just need to reduce cl_interp?

Yh, as soldier keep everything the same except change your interp to cl_interp 0.0158 // if you got ping above 30 I advice cl_interp 0.03… try it out :P

And try and add cl_smooth 0 -> which puts cl_smoothtime @ 0 automaticly so you dont need to adjust that anymore.

O and yh… max your fps with fps_max I believe.. ( not sure ). It really helps.. Put your fps_max on your minimum fps and you’ll game with constant fps all the time.

Should feel great now : ) Let me know, : )

Last edited by Pyle,

Pyle

Quoted from Koeitje

cl_smoothtime is also a nice variable to tweak. Default is 0.1, I’ve set it to 0.05. Some people use 0.01 but I found that 0.05 helps a bit vs laggy players.

cl_smooth 0 al geprobeerd ?

Rele

The solution to all problems:

net_graph 0

On a serious note:

dioxid, your updaterate in that screen dropped to 28 which means you got some bad choke if I’m not mistaken. If that is the case constantly, try lowering your updaterate or increasing your interp.

Also, what’s your average fps? Cause your cmdrate can only be as high as your fps (1 fps = 1 packet) and it’s 48 in your screen.

Last edited by Rele,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »