Forum

rates, cl_interp, interp_ratio....

Created 18th October 2008 @ 19:56

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

AnAkkk

Maybe you should give the link from where you C+Ped this.

http://whisper.ausgamers.com/wiki/index.php/Tickrate

Digiwill

=[IDK]=

Played with the settings a bit. First I had a yellow lerp, now it’s orange…

I heard from some that yellow aint good, and orange is… but also I heard the opposit..

So now I’m confused :D What’s the right colour for lerp ?

Qun

GoT<3

Fuck the colour, just don’t pay any attention to it ;)

Digiwill

=[IDK]=

Ok, ViQun helped me out, I just delete all those crappy settings :D
tnx

kolox

obs.

@ Turtle:
dunno if anyone’s already posted this – I just skimmed through the posts, but you can bind them by putting this into your autoexec (or a seperate script):
(example)

alias "match" "rate 25000; cl_updaterate 66; cl_cmdrate 66; cl_interp_ratio 1; cl_interp 0.0152"
alias "pub" "rate ____; cl_updaterate __; cl_cmdrate __; cl_interp_ratio _; cl_interp ___"
bind "f2" "match"
bind "f3 "pub"

And edit the values to the ones you need :)

Turtles

Ah thanks :)

What is the default cl_interp_ratio & cl_interp settings out of interest?

tesco

mrp.

Quoted from

what’s the difference with cl_interp 0.02xxxxx in case of hitscan weapons? with a projectile weapon, it seems, it will fire faster, but what’s with the hitscan weapons?

RareSpycrab

Basically the bullet fires .048 ms faster then with 0.02. And that was a big big necro

hykleri

why should he make a new topic if there is already one? :P

btw you are saying that if i use cl_interp 0.1 bullets will be faster than if i use 0.022? So if i lower my interp, projectiles will be faster, and hitscans will be slower?

Last edited by hykleri,

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Holy shi-, 1+ year necro

And I wonder about this too. A little birdie told me to set 0.033 for hitscan but another tells me to keep it default at 1. :

eoN^

Its more about dodging rockets for me so i just set it as low as possible, a few shots dont reg but its worth it for the ease of dodging rockets where as if you have high interp your screwed, if someone fires a rocket you dont have enough time to dodge.

Pyle

if you really want to know:

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Source_Multiplayer_Networking

AnAkkk

Your Bullets/projectiles are not faster or slower for everybody on the server based on your interp. It’s just client side.

Last edited by AnAkkk,

eoN^

Quoted from AnAkkk

Your Bullets/projectiles are not faster or slower for everybody on the server based on your interp. It’s just client side.

Ah, if this is a reply to me maybe I didnt explain what i ment properly, ill elaborate.

If you see a soldier fire a rocket to you and you have 0.1 interp it seems to explode before it hits the ground infront of you thus making it extremely hard to dodge.
If you see a soldier fire a rocket to you and you have 0.0~ interp the rocket seems to travel to the ground then explode thus making it easier to dodge and giving you more time to react.

Or maybe its just a pseudo effect.

Pyle

Just read my link @ all… it explaines everything..

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »