Forum

NA and European TF2... Let's experiment!

Created 21st March 2010 @ 07:37

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »

kuma

why does it have to prove anything? leave epeens aside and play for the fun of it

Bash

lol ok lets play 6on6 scout only sandman only too juzst 4 laffs

Last edited by Bash,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

This shouldn’t be about showing witch continent is best, this should be about the NA and EU communities coming into contact.
I’d love to see good players from NA (which I don’t know), play against good players from the EU (which I do know).

It would be nice to have the best EU team play the best NA team, but it seems the best EU teams are too concerned about ping differences.

So FB will be available for this event, we don’t mind being rolled by a NA team. We’ll just use the pings as an excuse after the match (even if they’re equal like promised).
If any of the teams that consider themselves better than FB wants to play, they’re free to sign up and take our place.

kuma

Quoted from Bash

lol ok lets play 6on6 scout only sandman only too juzst 4 laffs

if it floats your boat, why not? the point is this isn’t a competition with something on the line, just a chance to play with people you don’t normally get the chance to.

Waster

+1

FB shows they are real men.

Morty

RG

Quoted from Waster

+1

FB shows they are real men.

infussle

or the only top team who can tolerate fragga?

pyyyour

vhalin is apart of an up and coming mid+/high- team in the US

He does not have an appreciation of the 4kings, wotr, JOSKE, et cetera

EU has played very well when playing on NA servers but making some sort of exhibition match always favors one team over the other.

Its a stupid dick swinging contest.

I heard EG got destroyed by TCM on a UK server, then again, I saw EG get destroyed on lan in America.

coL, minus carnage/relic, played dignitas a month ago, and we tried to do it quietly, since it was just for practice. The maps were very close and very fun.

West NA vs EU’rs: honestly how pathetic would a match be with everyone 100 ping? Great we are all equal….. equal at all looking like trash

Hopefully coL and EG will make it to assembly this Summer and you top teams across the pond can return the favor.

I know Agron would return the favor d:)

agron

Relic

Quoted from pyyyour

vhalin is apart of an up and coming mid+/high- team in the US

He does not have an appreciation of the 4kings, wotr, JOSKE, et cetera

EU has played very well when playing on NA servers but making some sort of exhibition match always favors one team over the other.

Its a stupid dick swinging contest.

I heard EG got destroyed by TCM on a UK server, then again, I saw EG get destroyed on lan in America.

coL, minus carnage/relic, played dignitas a month ago, and we tried to do it quietly, since it was just for practice. The maps were very close and very fun.

West NA vs EU’rs: honestly how pathetic would a match be with everyone 100 ping? Great we are all equal….. equal at all looking like trash

Hopefully coL and EG will make it to assembly this Summer and you top teams across the pond can return the favor.

I know Agron would return the favor d:)

wp good sir.

(I love you Brad.)

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

FB (top-end div-one) showing they got the balls

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

I think it’s just a competition of ego in a veil of formalities and political correctness. People assure that it’s not for the ‘competition’ but to bring the scenes together, but I think it won’t help to do anything but the opposite, as NA players will become more arrogant towards Euros if they win, and Euros will become more patronizing towards NA’s playstyle. And whoever loses will make excuses.

One thing that can be gained is an okay/interesting game, but it’s still done at ~110 ping and hence reduces the potential of interest significantly. There are plenty of teams residing in each respective continent than can also produce good games, so there’s no need to go to such an extent.

All in all, I’d like to see how playstyles clash, but firstly I don’t think it should be done with 110 ping because people will start using that to fuel more NA vs. Euro arguments, and additionally I don’t think it should be disguised as something else than an ego war, because that’s more or less what it is.

kaidus

WiK?

Let’s get the brazillians and aussies involved. I think there’s a server in japan we can all use.

But nah seriously it’d be cool, just can’t see peoples egos keeping to themselves.

extine

Quoted from Arie

This shouldn’t be about showing witch continent is best, this should be about the NA and EU communities coming into contact.
I’d love to see good players from NA (which I don’t know), play against good players from the EU (which I do know).

It would be nice to have the best EU team play the best NA team, but it seems the best EU teams are too concerned about ping differences.

So FB will be available for this event, we don’t mind being rolled by a NA team. We’ll just use the pings as an excuse after the match (even if they’re equal like promised).
If any of the teams that consider themselves better than FB wants to play, they’re free to sign up and take our place.

Props to Arie and FB for offering to play. Definitely these two communities coming together is the highlight of this proposed event. But… It is about showing who’s best :D Why do countries play in the World Cup or compete in the Olympics? It’s about coming together, enjoying our game/sport, and also competing. So yea, it’s about showing who’s style is supreme.

I mean, it might not be in ideal circumstances, might not be top teams against each other, but we can achieve a level of balance and have a serious match. 100 ping is not so bad that it’s unplayable or unwatchable. I live on the West Coast and I ping 100+ on east coast servers. If “top” teams don’t want to risk a damaged reputation by playing outside of their comfort zone so be it, their loss. There will be many other players who wish to get together for a little friendly competition.

Fragga is suggesting ping balance by pitting west coast TF2ers versus UK/EU players. Judging from Agron’s points, it seems like he would be more in favor of a Home and Away series. Allowing draws playing 2 30 min or 60 min maps home/away would work, but puts one team at a serious ping disadvantage for each map. The results are even more tainted by a bad ping even if the home/away format ensures balance. I’d love to see any two teams from the two communities meet under any circumstance and I’d love to cover it. It might not be a LAN meeting, which is the only true way to do it, but um…. We can play over the internet. So let’s do it up.

Last edited by extine,

vhalin

dstry

Xerox, this isnt about proving anything, Arie has the right idea – this is not a battle of continents or a battle of the scenes. That’s the last thing in my mind right now. I’m more thinking about after the first game, how cool it would be to switch the teams scouts and medics then play another and share that experience with the community.

In the end I’m doing this for the TF2 community as a whole, not to appease one side or for bragging rights, I’d want to do this more than once and make almost a weekly or monthly event out of it.

I’ll add you on steam Arie – looking forward to it.

dunc

infs
dp.

Quoted from Fragga

[…]

Last time I played in europe one of your soldiers had 10 kills 19 deaths in 30 minutes – but I guess having 3 times his frags means nothing because I lack his gamesense :D

Explain to us all why you couldn’t maintain a team in EU then Joe? You tried with me and I had to remove you because you were destroying any semblance of teamplay we had left.

I would imagine it’s because against good players you can only play with full overheal, but in the EU scene, it’s quite rare that the sol will get consistent overhealing, because the demo puts out much higher DPS.

It must really dent your ego that I replaced you with Jones, one of the many “awful EU soldiers” that you seem to enjoy slating so much.

Saying you outfragged one of our soldiers when you were being carried by Rybben really means absolutely fuck all :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 ... 12 Next »