Forum

Chris' competitive medic script

Created 15th March 2010 @ 10:21

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

ilike2spin

RLM

I’ve got a problem with it, it only happens from time to time but I’ll switch to medigun or to needles using mouse1/2 and then it just doesn’t work until i switch weapon and back again, any idea how to fix it?

I think it may be down to pressing push to talk at the same time as switching or bringing up the scoreboard at the same time, just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem?

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from ilike2spin

I’ve got a problem with it, it only happens from time to time but I’ll switch to medigun or to needles using mouse1/2 and then it just doesn’t work until i switch weapon and back again, any idea how to fix it?

I think it may be down to pressing push to talk at the same time as switching or bringing up the scoreboard at the same time, just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem?

I’ve not had that on the rare occasions that I’ve used in-game PTT, and I regularly check the scoreboard, so I think it is probably something else. Can’t see anything in the script that would cause either of those to cause it to screw up either.

Next time it happens, think about what you did beforehand and report back, I’d like to hear what’s going on :)

Defur

How do i make so I have the needler on M4, and I instead have whats on M4 ( the übering, dropping intel etc ) on M2

I have the abyssus and it only has 3 mouse bottons, and I consider whats on M4 to be more important

Also, what was I supposed to put in the other configs so this is only for the medic and not for all classes ?

Last edited by Defur,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Defur

Also, what was I supposed to put in the other configs so this is only for the medic and not for all classes ?

says at the top of the script

also to change binds is really easy, just look at the bottom of the script and change them:

// Bind
bind "c" "fakeuber"
bind "w" "+forwardrand"
bind "f1" "forwardspawn_toggle"
bind "mouse1" "+heal"
bind "mouse2" "+needles"
bind "mouse3" "+saw"
bind "mouse4" "+uber"
bind "mwheelup" "slot1bind"
bind "mwheeldown" "slot2bind"
bind "shift" "+shiftmask"

so yours would be

// Bind
bind "c" "fakeuber"
bind "w" "+forwardrand"
bind "f1" "forwardspawn_toggle"
bind "mouse1" "+heal"
bind "mouse4" "+needles"
bind "mouse3" "+saw"
bind "mouse2" "+uber"
bind "mwheelup" "slot1bind"
bind "mwheeldown" "slot2bind"
bind "shift" "+shiftmask"

Defur

// alias “resetmedcfg” “unbind “shift”; bind “mouse1” “+attack”;bind “mouse2” “+attack2”;bind “mwheelup” “invprev”;bind “mwheeldown” “invnext”;unbind “mouse3”;unbind “mouse4”;bind “C” “voice_menu_3”;bind “W” “+forward”;echo “*** MEDIC CONFIG UNLOADED ***””
// resetmedcfg

??

All righty, thanks man – im not very good with scripting and that kind of stuff

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Defur

[…]
??

All righty, thanks man – im not very good with scripting and that kind of stuff

yeah, that, or you can use the bind.

you will need to uncomment it either way though (remove the //)

ilike2spin

RLM

I’m fairly sure it’s to do with the scoreboard. Just had a little play around with the script to see.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from ilike2spin

I’m fairly sure it’s to do with the scoreboard. Just had a little play around with the script to see.

Only thing I can think of is the fact that when the scoreboard is opened all slot commands stop working for the duration that you’re pressing tab (or whatever you have it bound to), so it is probably related to that.

Defur

NEVERMIND I FIXED IT ;D

Last edited by Defur,

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

Quoted from octochris

[…]

It’s not hard to change the binds as it is, just literally go into notepad++ and do a find/replace search on the bind you don’t want with the bind that you do. People who don’t understand how to change binds with this script currently are highly unlikely to be any better without it, because it just looks daunting to someone without scripting knowledge, it actually isn’t at all — adding more lines doesn’t help them.

I don’t really want the complication of having to upload a mod of the keyboard options menu alongside this, it’s not particularly elegant.

Thanks for the suggestions and I can see where you’re coming from, but I don’t see the point.

EDIT: Also, I don’t think the shift modifier will work properly with the options menu anyway, no matter how it is modded.

I think you got me wrong in some points. First of all you wouldnt have to add more lines to your script just replace the original ones. Another point is that changing the keys with my method is like editing one line of code for each key :D. But like you said it was just a suggestion. The last point is that a keyboard option mod makes is much easier for people who dont know about scripts.

edit: there is no reason why your shift modifier shouldnt work with my method.

Last edited by XHunter,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from XHunter

edit: there is no reason why your shift modifier shouldnt work with my method.

There is, because it works by doing temporary binds — the options dialog can’t recognise their existence before it is binded.

ie the options dialog would only recognise shift AND c > maskuber, not shift THEN c > maskuber.

octochris

(0v0)

I woke up this morning with an idea in my head, one which much to my happiness actually works when tested.

v1.050 now implements this idea. The idea is that a medic should only really be getting out their syringe/saw when it is the last resort and they can’t find a teammate to help out. As such, it is critical that when you are using such weapons you find a teammate as soon as possible. This new addition to the script makes it so that when you get out your syringe or saw, all of your teammates that are alive will automatically call for medic, making it easier to find one whilst needling and backpedalling away from the annoying scout that’s chasing you.

This IMO could be very useful in competitive play.

Last edited by octochris,

Priem

that sounds great!

blorg

Quoted from octochris

I woke up this morning with an idea in my head, one which much to my happiness actually works when tested.

v1.050 now implements this idea. The idea is that a medic should only really be getting out their syringe/saw when it is the last resort and they can’t find a teammate to help out. As such, it is critical that when you are using such weapons you find a teammate as soon as possible. This new addition to the script makes it so that when you get out your syringe or saw, all of your teammates that are alive will automatically call for medic, making it easier to find one whilst needling and backpedalling away from the annoying scout that’s chasing you.

This IMO could be very useful in competitive play.

Brilliant idea!! That’s fantastic. :)

octochris

(0v0)

v1.051 features a quick fix to v1.050 which would cause buffed players to not beep.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »