Forum

Chris' competitive medic script

Created 15th March 2010 @ 10:21

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »

ShadowG

IsF
LoEG

Nice scripts but I have one small nitpick.

// Mask calls
alias "maskuber" "voicemenu 2 5;say_team "*** MASKED UBER CALL ***"

“As a medic you need to learn what every single other medics tendencies are.What does he cover up uber with is the first and foremost. 99% of medics are predictable and use the same exact voice command to cover up uber every time. There’s enough mindless medics that still use the “negative” voice command to cover their uber that I actually have it show up as “MED HIDING UBER” in big blue lettering in my closed captioning when it registers the “negative” voice command.”

Source: http://communityfortress.com/tf2/blog/an-evening-with-keith-smerbeck-part-2.php

If you want to be a bit more tricky, you could use something like this: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=iQV9PVhT

octochris

(0v0)

My script doesn’t use the negative voice response, it usees “jeers”, and I used it because it is very, very quiet (for all of the possible responses).

Last edited by octochris,

octochris

(0v0)

v1.046 fixes issue with forwardspawning where F1 would be unbound half way through leaving you as the random class

Mark

Phase

Quoted from ShadowG

Nice scripts but I have one small nitpick.

// Mask calls
alias "maskuber" "voicemenu 2 5;say_team "*** MASKED UBER CALL ***"

“As a medic you need to learn what every single other medics tendencies are.What does he cover up uber with is the first and foremost. 99% of medics are predictable and use the same exact voice command to cover up uber every time. There’s enough mindless medics that still use the “negative” voice command to cover their uber that I actually have it show up as “MED HIDING UBER” in big blue lettering in my closed captioning when it registers the “negative” voice command.”

Source: http://communityfortress.com/tf2/blog/an-evening-with-keith-smerbeck-part-2.php

If you want to be a bit more tricky, you could use something like this: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=iQV9PVhT

Why not just mask it with a medic call?

if

Quoted from rtan

[…]

lies, remix lost us a win in a pcw because of your script, WHICH IS SRS BUSINESS.

“Whoops how did bind mouse2 explode get in there”

Last edited by if,

Hoanui

Quoted from Mark

[…]

Using only one command every 40 seconds means you’re going to be very predictable, anyone would realize that you’re hiding uber.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Mark

[…]

there is no need why a medic should call for another medic in 6on6…..

flix

n2o

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

i call for medic…. because i want my teammate to notice where i am!

“Medic! + behind the thing…and they always know where i am”

Last edited by flix,

Mark

Phase

Quoted from Hoanui

[…]

Using only one command every 40 seconds means you’re going to be very predictable, anyone would realize that you’re hiding uber.

Quoted from Dr-GimpfeN

[…]

I guess you don’t play a lot of medic then?

Last edited by Mark,

octochris

(0v0)

I actually call medic quite a bit to let my teammates know where I am.

I guess I could make it alternate voice calls.

octochris

(0v0)

Just now had a conversation with someone asking about fixing my script for their mouse, turns out they actually didn’t know what mouse4 was.

Just in case anyone else has this problem (not expecting it but meh), enjoy this picture:

http://i43.tinypic.com/mrph8h.jpg

octochris

(0v0)

v1.047 is now out! Contains the following improvements:

* Add Shift + O to kill self
* Implement alternating call to mask uber as suggested in thread, thanks for suggestion :)

octochris

(0v0)

v1.048 introduces a quick fix to v1.047, and also now includes an automask (equivalent to SHIFT + C) when ubering.

XHunter

TIDS
\V/ »

I have a tip for you how you can improve your script and make it more flexible.

Example:

alias “+shiftmask” “bind “C” “maskuber”;bind “mouse3” “+sawnoswitch”;bind “o” “kill””

Improvement:

bind c “hook_c”
bind o “hook_o”
bind mouse3 “hook_m3”

alias “+shiftmask” “alias hook_c “maskuber”;alias hook_m3 “+sawnoswitch”;alias hook_o “kill””

Use “hooks” (the names i used are just examples) instead of binding aliases directly to keys. This makes it much easier to change keys afterwards (and its a better “style”).
Is also allows you to add some options in the keyboard options menu so you can change the keys your medic script uses on-the-fly ingame.

(to edit the keyboard options menu extract the file “tfscriptskb_act.lst” with a program like GCFScape from the “team fortress 2 content.gcf” and edit it)

Otherwise good work :D.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from XHunter

Use “hooks” (the names i used are just examples) instead of binding aliases directly to keys. This makes it much easier to change keys afterwards (and its a better “style”).
Is also allows you to add some options in the keyboard options menu so you can change the keys your medic script uses on-the-fly ingame.

(to edit the keyboard options menu extract the file “tfscriptskb_act.lst” with a program like GCFScape from the “team fortress 2 content.gcf” and edit it)

Otherwise good work :D.

It’s not hard to change the binds as it is, just literally go into notepad++ and do a find/replace search on the bind you don’t want with the bind that you do. People who don’t understand how to change binds with this script currently are highly unlikely to be any better without it, because it just looks daunting to someone without scripting knowledge, it actually isn’t at all — adding more lines doesn’t help them.

I don’t really want the complication of having to upload a mod of the keyboard options menu alongside this, it’s not particularly elegant.

Thanks for the suggestions and I can see where you’re coming from, but I don’t see the point.

EDIT: Also, I don’t think the shift modifier will work properly with the options menu anyway, no matter how it is modded.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 7 Next »