Forum

Chris' competitive medic script

Created 15th March 2010 @ 10:21

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

XO -

Quoted from octochris

I woke up this morning with an idea in my head, one which much to my happiness actually works when tested.

v1.050 now implements this idea. The idea is that a medic should only really be getting out their syringe/saw when it is the last resort and they can’t find a teammate to help out. As such, it is critical that when you are using such weapons you find a teammate as soon as possible. This new addition to the script makes it so that when you get out your syringe or saw, all of your teammates that are alive will automatically call for medic, making it easier to find one whilst needling and backpedalling away from the annoying scout that’s chasing you.

This IMO could be very useful in competitive play

its a terrible idea you should be able to take out your needle gun when ever u need to even you have a soldier with u if he isnt hitting anything u can use your needle gun and kill the scout or something.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from XO -

its a terrible idea you should be able to take out your needle gun when ever u need to even you have a soldier with u if he isnt hitting anything u can use your needle gun and kill the scout or something

skillz

also it doesn’t actually stop you from taking it out whenever you know, this script doesn’t do your gamesense for you

I actually really like this new addition, and have adapted a similar thing into my Medic config. Nice one Chris.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from FUN POLICE RUINS TF2

I actually really like this new addition, and have adapted a similar thing into my Medic config. Nice one Chris.

i miss you sev :(

Damn right babez.

octochris

(0v0)

Now updated based on feedback and fixed a few bugs.

Main things I’ve changed are:

– Mask now only calls “medic” and not more obvious stuff like “sentry ahead” which are simply not going to be used otherwise
– Made mouse3 now not default to switching back upon release (behaviour that old versions had with shift+m3)
– You can now press F2 to manually have all teammates near you call out

Last edited by octochris,

Quoted from octochris

– You can now press F2 to manually have all teammates near you call out

Am I a bimbo if I don’t understand what the hell this does…? :S Could ya explain this to me? :D

blorg

Quoted from Panic of the Undead

[…]

Am I a bimbo if I don’t understand what the hell this does…? :S Could ya explain this to me? :D

Basically, if you press F2 then all of your team mates call for a medic so you get a rough idea as to where they are.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Yeah its like a team wallhack.
You can “refresh” the auto callers by changing the threshold value to something lower than 150 and then back to 150.

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from Admirable

Yeah its like a team wallhack.
You can “refresh” the auto callers by changing the threshold value to something lower than 150 and then back to 150.

indeed

i added F2 because i used to switch weapons frantically to see where everyone was

RareSpycrab

Quick question. From what I can see when I first tap mouse 2 it brings out the syringe gun. Do i then use mouse 1 or 2 to fire. Same with the bonesaw?
And will the unbinding code work even if i dont have binds in the other class cfg’s?

Last edited by RareSpycrab,

octochris

(0v0)

Quoted from RareSpycrab

Quick question. From what I can see when I first tap mouse 2 it brings out the syringe gun. Do i then use mouse 1 or 2 to fire. Same with the bonesaw?
And will the unbinding code work even if i dont have binds in the other class cfg’s?

Every button fires the weapon it is associated with.

And yes, it will. The best way to do it is with a reset config being exec’ed in the other configs, but that will work fine.

Last edited by octochris,

konr

Nice, but is mouse3 the scrollwheel pushed down, or would it be the first button on the side of my mouse?

Quoted from konr

Nice, but is mouse3 the scrollwheel pushed down, or would it be the first button on the side of my mouse?

scrollwheel pushed down.

JT

[MDRC]

1. Sometimes while using the medigun , pressing F2 doesnt show up teammates(even when i stop using the medigun). Its only after i switch to ubersaw/needle gun that the auto call signs start appearing.

2. Sometimes when using the medigun and then quickly switching to needle gun via ‘q’ or even just pressing m2, the needle gun wont fire any needles. Its only after i press m2 again that the needles fire.

3. When i get an uber by ubersawing an opponent i press m4 but the ubercharge doesnt deploy, its just that the medigun appears but nothing else, i have to double press it in order to deploy ubercharge.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »