Forum

Equalizer fixes

Created 10th February 2010 @ 20:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Quoted from pena

[…]Why?

He’s arguing that if people are so fetishistically obsessed with all the unlocks being direct sidegrades to the original weapons then they should be calling for that in all cases and not just to do with the equalizer.. otherwise their argument is inconsistent (which I guess implies they don’t actually care about said argument and just want an excuse to nerf the soldier).

Personally I don’t quite see why people get that hung upon things needing to be a direct sidegrade.. I mean obviously that would be the best case scenario (as it would allow some more interesting decisions), but given that it’s not at present then surely any decision on what level the unlock/original should be amended to should be based on whichever is the most interesting/fun presently. With the solly melee option for me it’s the equalizer.. so if any changes need to be made then by all means buff the shovel but I don’t see how this line of thinking justifies requesting a nerf for a fun non-gamebreaking weapon like the equalizer.

Last edited by Spaceboy McGhee,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Axtinguisher is also a straight buff.

Anyways, it doesn’t really matter the melee weapon is a buff. But the equalizer’s damage output is insane. The speed is all cool. Speeds up the game a bit (getting a pick and running back low health to your med at high speeds, instead of your normal running speed).

Quoted from dauk

[…]

is it that bad?

Depends on how it’s implemented :)

Quoted from pena

[…]Why?

Here’s why:

Quoted from Spaceboy McGhee

[…]

He’s arguing that if people are so fetishistically obsessed with all the unlocks being direct sidegrades to the original weapons then they should be calling for that in all cases and not just to do with the equalizer.. otherwise their argument is inconsistent (which I guess implies they don’t actually care about said argument and just want an excuse to nerf the soldier).

Personally I don’t quite see why people get that hung upon things needing to be a direct sidegrade.. I mean obviously that would be the best case scenario (as it would allow some more interesting decisions), but given that it’s not at present then surely any decision on what level the unlock/original should be amended to should be based on whichever is the most interesting/fun presently. With the solly melee option for me it’s the equalizer.. so if any changes need to be made then by all means buff the shovel but I don’t see how this line of thinking justifies requesting a nerf for a fun non-gamebreaking weapon like the equalizer.

rge

I think the equalizer is just fine. Soldiers needed a small buff. Also i don’t think it’s overpowered.
If a very low soldier uses the equalizer, you see when he’s low and can easily finish him. In many cases that fact is a clear handicap for soldiers using the equalizer. A soldier revealing his health status, will end up as an easy frag for scouts.
You need to surprise your enemy. That’s why i think that weapon should not be changed.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Yeah i concur. Why does the soldier need to have a “side grade”?

Fucking give it an upgrade! As the current melee weapon is the shittest thing since sliced bread due to the soldier being slow and thusly you’d never resort to using it in matches, ever(Unless to humiliate)
Accept the fact that the soldier needed a better melee weapon to suit the class and has now got it.
In any case its not as if the Equalizer is AMAZING OP WEAPON, its just people are used to thinking “oh that soldiers on low health, hes slow as well so he wont bother me” then when the dumbass gets killed by the soldier due to the sudden increase in speed and them not realizing it they cry like a baby.

“Oh now i have to think that maybe the soldier can kill me with a melee weapon THIS GAME IS BROKEN AND COMPLICATED /EMO HAIR FLICK/. THE SOLDIER NOW LIKE TRAVELS 10METERES IN 1 SECOND”

Can anyone honestly say they see an equalizer kill every game? I dont think so.

Last edited by Tapley ❤,

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

The same argument can be held against the KGB, the Übersaw and the Axetinguisher. The Equalizer has the same impact on the game as those weapons (less than the Axetinguisher even). If the Equalizer should be nerfed, so should those 3 weapons be.

damage of these weapons (alone) 65 for KGB, 65 for Ubersaw, 33 for Axetinguisher
damage of Equalizer over 150 hp
get the point?
both heavy and medic 2nd weapons are a bit slower than the 1st weapons, so a clear (even if small) disadvantage

Quoted from cheee

[…]
damage of these weapons (alone) 65 for KGB, 65 for Ubersaw, 33 for Axetinguisher
damage of Equalizer over 150 hp
get the point?
both heavy and medic 2nd weapons are a bit slower than the 1st weapons, so a clear (even if small) disadvantage

Yeah, you’re only looking at 1 thing. Same logic applied to the Demo:

Omg, he can deal 1200 damage with his weapons. Obviously he’s OP and needs to be nerfed.

Scout: omg, only 125HP. Obviously underpowered as a combat class. Buff plz.

Look at the whole picture. He needs to be on <50HP to deal that damage. If you can't kill a Soldier who's on less than 50HP either he timed it superbly (and a little lucky) and got you while you're out of ammo and need to reload everything while being damaged or you have some serious aiming issues.

archy

Quoted from rge

I think the equalizer is just fine. Soldiers needed a small buff. Also i don’t think it’s overpowered.
If a very low soldier uses the equalizer, you see when he’s low and can easily finish him. In many cases that fact is a clear handicap for soldiers using the equalizer. A soldier revealing his health status, will end up as an easy frag for scouts.
You need to surprise your enemy. That’s why i think that weapon should not be changed.

you can execatly use that knowledge against your enemy. just pull off the equalizer and let them smell the easy kill. (all of that happens when you have 150 hp). then run round around a corner and maybe he gets one shot on you and even if it was a meat shot, youd still have 50 hp and the advantage of surprise: “WTF. He pulled equalizer and i shot him. hes not dead? F**** BULL****!!!!” and just kill him.

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Yeah, you’re only looking at 1 thing. Same logic applied to the Demo:

Omg, he can deal 1200 damage with his weapons. Obviously he’s OP and needs to be nerfed.

Scout: omg, only 125HP. Obviously underpowered as a combat class. Buff plz.

Look at the whole picture. He needs to be on <50HP to deal that damage. If you can't kill a Soldier who's on less than 50HP either he timed it superbly (and a little lucky) and got you while you're out of ammo and need to reload everything while being damaged or you have some serious aiming issues.

mabye your medic always walks with his needles around, good for him
but I dont
and if e.g. I’m healing a soldier and we fighting a soldier but he suddenly switches to his op weapon aka equalizer and kills my buddy and then runs to me with a speed so I cant no escape and kills me aswell
I even agree with flix (1st time in my life I guess)
please reduce the buff from the damage and also remove the non-healing part and still most of the soldiers would stick with the weapon

exm

Quoted from cheee

[…]

mabye your medic always walks with his needles around, good for him
but I dont
and if e.g. I’m healing a soldier and we fighting a soldier but he suddenly switches to his op weapon aka equalizer and kills my buddy and then runs to me with a speed so I cant no escape and kills me aswell

Ok, now being completly honest, how many times this actually HAPPENED to YOU since the update (not counting the first… week or so)? As a solly, I only managed something like that ONCE and it was just after the update, so noone was aware of me being able to do that.

Also, by this logic, sticky launcher is WAAAAAY op. Many demoman fragmovies have this scene: an enemy ubered combo is pushing badlands spire, demo lays a bunch of stickies on choke, and kills like 3 guys WITH A PUSH OF A BUTTON! How come is that balanced?

Last edited by exm,

Norris

chee trust me you want him to attack yourself with an equalizer in this situation because he cannot be healed and you still have a chance to ubersaw him. now think how you chances stand if he just swiches to his rocket launcher / direct hit..

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

Quoted from Norris

chee trust me you want him to attack yourself with an equalizer in this situation because he cannot be healed and you still have a chance to ubersaw him. now think how you chances stand if he just swiches to his rocket launcher / direct hit..

I’m not a Ubersaw-medic.
If I have to defend myself I use needles, cant remember ever to made a Ubersaw-kill in a 6on6 match, I know I suck because I dont attack myself, maybe someday

exm

Quoted from cheee

[…]
I’m not a Ubersaw-medic.

So if a weapon is hard to counter by YOUR playstyle, it’s called op? I’m not a Sticky-mon, that’s why I don’t play demo on 6v6 matches…

xzr

I love it how the sollies are hanging on to their precious overpowered unlocks with their nails and teeth. Most of the top tier sollies agree tdh and equalizer need a change so pardon me for having a giggle on the nerdraging shitsollies who are happy that they’re finally getting their kd-ratio on the 1+ side.

Norrland3000

I don’t see the problem with equalizer? You can’t kill a guy running towards you with 1hp ? He should be rewarded if he kills you.

Sure I have been killed by it but thats just because i sucked so hard that i couldnt kill the guy. Everybody whines when they die…

Sniper is so OP, he can stand 7miles from me and INSTAkill me in one shot….ban please? (yeah i’m serious..)

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »