Forum

Equalizer fixes

Created 10th February 2010 @ 20:18

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »

Memento Mori

So, in every game since the update, I’ve been using nothing but the Equalizer. It gibs nearly everything in one hit, and I win the game every time by destroying medics. I don’t use the rocket launcher anymore because my insane slightly less than scout speed lets me dodge every bullet/spam by pressing A/D. No motherfucka can track me.

Post your fixes to this OP PIECE OF SHITTT

Reduce max damage to 125 – if scouts run into you + can’t kill you when they have 40 HP + can’t kill me even though their damage is at max, they deserve to die

VALVE HIRE ME

alternatively, make it do 50 damage max. I use it for collecting health+ammo packs or rushing to resupply occasionally when the medic is dead from catching nades, the damage isn’t a big part of it in general use

Last edited by Memento Mori,

Sir Remix

frø
DANMARK

The Escapelizer

25 dmg on every hit, same speed as scouts, when on low hp (25 -)
Only used to get somewhere fast, or escape from a fight.

Problem solved?

Last edited by Sir Remix,

AnAkkk

Easy fix:
Remove the damage buff. That would mean the Equalizer do 33 damage.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

Waa! Waa! The soldier actually has a melee weapon that is usefull lets ban it. Oh wait actually lets ban every soldier upgrade because we love it being a shit class -_-.

Mark

Phase

Maybe move the damage buff to the shovel, so both weapons essentially buff the soldier, in different ways, as everyone seems to be moaning the soldier needs a buff.

iQue

keso

Give the damage buff to the shovel and keep only the speed buff for the pickaxe

Done :D

FUUUU ninja’d

Last edited by iQue,

cheee

fa»
[SpA]

every melee weapon does 65 hp (not scout and spy, ok)
but why can one weapon alone (axe + fire, melee demo + shield) get so much damage?
its op, I totally agree
just fix the the damage to 33 hp and let the speed increase like it is atm
and remove the non-healing part
this is one possible fair solution imo

Memento Mori

I don’t think its that bad. It’s more useful to me than The Direct Hit because of the speed + it’s very rare to get killed by it/kill by it unless either team loses 90% gamesense

Keep the speed, stop whining about it when kills happen once a fortnight (literally)

gryzor

Because the soldier has <50hp doing that insane damage and you're a lame crap for letting him get close enough to kill you?

Memento Mori

I’ve never died to it

I think it’s fine, it doesn’t affect the game THAT much and it makes playing soldier a lot more fun :)

pena

The equalizer would be a proper sidegrade if it did 0 damage. Hell, i’d still use the equalizer.

Norris

Quoted from Tapley ❤

Waa! Waa! The soldier actually has a melee weapon that is usefull lets ban it. Oh wait actually lets ban every soldier upgrade because we love it being a shit class -_-.

Quoted from Spaceboy McGhee

I think it’s fine, it doesn’t affect the game THAT much and it makes playing soldier a lot more fun :)

Quoted from Tapley ❤

These 2. Soldier has always been slated as the weakest one, the more boring of the 3 combat classes (Scout/Soldier/Demo). Now he’s got a weapon that helps with both and you want it nerfed despite the fact it hasn’t got any significant impact on the game other than give us Soldiers a small, fun, risky little trick which fails most of the time.

H...

-[MG]-
HL

The amount of damage could have a bit of a reduction.

But to be honest teams have got wise to it. Those daft kill streaks of youtube fame rarley happen these days, and escaping is by far the better option.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 5 Next »