Equalizer fixes

Created 10th February 2010 @ 20:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »

sXs

revooolt >:@

better unban gunboats

Extremer

Quoted from Norrland3000

I don’t see the problem with equalizer? You can’t kill a guy running towards you with 1hp ? He should be rewarded if he kills you.

Sure I have been killed by it but thats just because i sucked so hard that i couldnt kill the guy. Everybody whines when they die…

Sniper is so OP, he can stand 7miles from me and INSTAkill me in one shot….ban please? (yeah i’m serious..)

It’s not the 1hp solly running at you, it’s the 140 health soldier who’s got the weapon out and is near me. I can’t instakill him, but if I damage him, he’ll be able to kill me in 1 hit.

toasty.

PHX

Quoted from sXs

better unban gunboats

I haven’t crafted these yet, are they fun?

exm

Quoted from xzr

I love it how the sollies are hanging on to their precious overpowered unlocks with their nails and teeth. Most of the top tier sollies agree tdh and equalizer need a change so pardon me for having a giggle on the nerdraging shitsollies who are happy that they’re finally getting their kd-ratio on the 1+ side.

Well, you should start loving books and reading, becouse I don’t see anyone saying, that Equalizer is balanced. Sure, compared to shovel it is op, but when you look at the general picture, comparing Equalizer solly with scout, demoman, or even a RL solly, you understand (smart people atleast…) that it’s a buff, that was needed for a long time.

Norrland3000

Quoted from Extremer

[…]

It’s not the 1hp solly running at you, it’s the 140 health soldier who’s got the weapon out and is near me. I can’t instakill him, but if I damage him, he’ll be able to kill me in 1 hit.

Fair point, but I don’t think thats a fair point to ban it. Then we should ban the Sniper because he can stand far away and oneshot the medic and win your team the round. I can’t talk for the DIV1 teams or DIV6 teams, maybe its different? but i have never when i specced or played seen someone take so much advantage of the Equalizer that i wanted the weapon banned.

There is so much more i rather see banned then this “soldier-buff”

I wouldn’t care if they banned it either. But i don’t like that everyone wanna ban everything valve does.

pena

Quoted from xzr

I love it how the sollies are hanging on to their precious overpowered unlocks with their nails and teeth. Most of the top tier sollies agree tdh and equalizer need a change so pardon me for having a giggle on the nerdraging shitsollies who are happy that they’re finally getting their kd-ratio on the 1+ side.

+1

n00ne

Yeah , it’s anoying how the soldier can run at you so fast , and it’s hard to kill him because he moves so fast oh wait i remember this bunch of people on this forum somewhere , that said “tf2 is dead” and “nobody likes it because it’s not fast paced.” Can’t remember where have i heard that.

Well guess what , keep on banning good weapons that aren’t gamebreaking , or even op – that will help tf2 a whole lot guys. Just ban everything. :)

Thalien

;?
¤_¤

Remove the damage part from it and it’s most likely going to be fine. It’s stupid that you can rocket jump at a demo and basically melee him down due to the fact that if he gets you low, you can, or close to, one shot him with the pickaxe. Without the damage upgrade when you’re low it’s still amazing, it gives the soldier a way to escape from situations, just without being able to randomly oneshot the medic because a soldier missed his one rocket before you smash his brains in.

looski

Sf

No buff, no duff.

Its fine. If you cant kill a low hp solly running at you with only a melee weapon you probably deserve to die.

:>

Quoted from xzr

Not like the Demomen who had to deal with 1 in every 6 or 7 Stickies being shot out of the air due to a bug and cried and cried despite it only minorly affecting them.

n00ne

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

Not like the Demomen who had to deal with 1 in every 6 or 7 Stickies being shot out of the air due to a bug and cried and cried despite it only minorly affecting them.

Well bill , when playing against teams whos scouts only hit 1 in 6 shots it probably wasn’t so bad. You would know :P

Quoted from n00ne

[…]

Well bill , when playing against teams whos scouts only hit 1 in 6 shots it probably wasn’t so bad. You would know :P

That would only be true if I was the Scout.

xzr

Quoted from Buffalo Bill

[…]

gosh golly when did equalizer become solly’s main weapon?
also it was like 50% of stickies bouncing away midair in every midfight

Last edited by xzr,

Quoted from xzr

[…]

gosh golly when did equalizer become solly’s main weapon?

Exactly. It’s 1 tiny little trick that fails the majority of the time on a weapon that is not used the majority of the time. The amount of times you actually get a kill with it while on <50HP or so is roughly a tenth (probably even less) of the amount of times you get killed while wielding it.

Quoted from xzr

also it was like 50% of stickies bouncing away midair in every midfight

I was referring to hitscan breaking Stickies midair, not explosives moving them midair.

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

atreides

Considering the usual benefit of the melee weapon, a melee weapon with occasional speed buff already implies an upgrade, there is simply no need for a over-the-top damage buff, the soldier isn’t meant for the second (undisguised high-speed all-angle) spy class.

Last edited by atreides,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 Next »