Forum

Razer Salmosa, drift control

Created 8th February 2010 @ 22:22

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Mirelin

alus

Good evening, gentlemen.

After long decisions, which mouse to take, Razer Deathadder 3500DPI or Razer Salmosa 3g infrared sensor 1800DPI. I decided to take Razer Salmosa

When i discovered, that best mouse hold for me is finger grip, i decided to take Razer Salmosa which is best for finger grip. It has 1800 DPI and same sensor as old Razer Deathadder. And i guess it speed is the same as the old razer deathadder. 4m/sec

I hate drift control. And is there a way to disable drift control on a Razer Salmosa? Is there actually drift control on razer salmosa? Or it is already disabled? I’ve checked razer sites, and i couldn’t find something like Fyrmware which disables drift control. Does it means that there already no drift control on this mouse? Or there is drift control, and there is no chance to disable it?

If you dont know what is drift control, i guess you will dont know the answer on my question. So don’t bother yourself :)

Last edited by Mirelin,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Test it in paint?

Does Salmosa have its own firmware, or could you use DA’s? There’s 1.28NDC for DA that disables drift control.

Mirelin

alus

Quoted from Koeitje

Test it in paint?

Hmm, nice advice. The problem is, that i haven’t bought Salmosa yet :(

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

New DA doesn’t have drift control I think. I got one and I draw perfect smooth lines in paint.

http://tweakers.net/ext/f/RTHJLuV08Jb6jTQDOUUe6CkI/full.jpg
Not my pic, but bottom is drift control (prediction). Top isn’t. I can easily do the top stuff with the 3500dpi DA with stock firmware.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Side|Effect

2ne1
[PG]

The Salmosa does have prediction and you can’t turn it off using a firmware update, I have heard of people modding theirs to remove it though.

Mirelin

alus

Quoted from Sturmis

Does Salmosa have its own firmware, or could you use DA’s? There’s 1.28NDC for DA that disables drift control.

I’m talking about Salmosa, not about DA. DA got it own fyrmware to disable DC. But atm, i’m going to buy Salmosa

If you mean using DA’s fyrmware on salmosa, it will kill it :( .

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Mirelin

[…]

I’m talking about Salmosa, not about DA. DA got it own fyrmware to disable DC. But atm, i’m going to buy Salmosa

If you mean using DA’s fyrmware on salmosa, it will kill it :( .

New DA doesn’t have prediction I think. You can’t even buy the old DA anymore. Want a screen of my movement in paint @ 800dpi with the 3500dpi da?

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Have you considered the abyssus? It is almost identic to the salmosa and doesn’t have DC. I own both but use the former because of this very reason, despite the fact that i like the salmosa grip better. The main differences are
(1) fingerpockets
(2) Buttons on the abyssus are slightly sturdier because the upper body is in one piece, which is not the case with the salmosa. My guess is that most people wouldn’t care/notice. The DA has the same whole-upper-body design and has been praised since it arrived.

From the razer website about Abyssus: “With no drift control, experience true freedom of movement that allows your exact mousing movements to be translated into in game kills.”

I’ve drawn circles in paint with both mice and can confirm that the Salmosa has DC and Abyssus does not.

Mirelin

alus

There is no Razer Abyssus in Latvia :(

Last edited by Mirelin,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

This is the new DA 3500dpi in paint (I use it at 900dpi)
http://tweakers.net/ext/f/lozcq674XJghStaJspgsGedu/full.png

nvc

steelseries xai is probably the best mouse that you can get closest to the salmosa

Kingcrispy

swimp

If money doesn’t matter you should definitley go for the ss Xai and even buy 1 of their new mousepads 9 or 4HD.
I was playing almost 2 years with the DA and exact mat but the Xai is simply the better mouse.

shape

the abysuss has vertical tracking issues on cloth pads like the qck+
it will look something like this

http://de.tinypic.com/r/novjls/6

to be fair the jittering only occurs when moving the mouse at a certain, rather slow speed
its still very annoying

edit
fuck me you cant buy it anyways mirelin, im sorry :(

Last edited by shape,

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from shape

the abysuss has vertical tracking issues on cloth pads like the qck+
it will look something like this

http://de.tinypic.com/r/novjls/6

to be fair the jittering only occurs when moving the mouse at a certain, rather slow speed
its still very annoying

edit
fuck me you cant buy it anyways mirelin, im sorry :(

Shit! What mice CAN you rely on? I use a qck+ and have the above problem. If things get any worse I’ll have to drag out my Intellimouse 1.1…

As for the Steelseries mice, they seem to have problems with positive acceleration.

Koeitje, how is the vertical tracking on your DA at these speeds? What surface are you using? I might get myself a DA too.

Last edited by ell,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »