Forum

Razer Salmosa, drift control

Created 8th February 2010 @ 22:22

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Abyssus is quite nice. But it has the same problem as the DA 3500dpi and the DB G3: sometimes it clips when I rocket jump causing me to go straight up.

Does anyone else has this problem. All at 1800dpi, 0.85 sens ingame, 10 sens in driver and 6 (default) in windows, cpl mousefix.

Last edited by Koeitje,

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Koeitje

Abyssus is quite nice. But it has the same problem as the DA 3500dpi and the DB G3: sometimes it clips when I rocket jump causing me to go straight up.

Does anyone else has this problem. All at 1800dpi, 0.85 sens ingame, 10 sens in driver and 6 (default) in windows, cpl mousefix.

I’ve been playing around with my Abyssus today at different dpis and sensitivities and I can achieve the result above if I try hard enough. Still, it’s nothing that usually bothers me in game. I seems to me that this limit doesn’t change with different settings. The problem manifests itself differently depening on direction. Excessive left movement translates to upward movement and right to downward. The vertical axis doesn’t display problems of this kind.

I also found a few other things worth mentioning. I tried your settings and noticed that I ran into negative acceleration with minimal effort. However, it disappears if you lower the driver sens to minimum and compensate in game to achieve the same cm/360. Or to be precise, it only appears at speeds that also cause clipping.

Running the mouse at 1800dpi with min driver sens and compensated in-game-sens also improves the jittering a lot compared to 450dpi with max driver sens. This way it’s actually acceptable. I might consider playing with the this mouse after all.

Last edited by ell,

shape

Quoted from ell

[…]
Running the mouse at 1800dpi with min driver sens and compensated in-game-sens also improves the jittering a lot compared to 450dpi with max driver sens. This way it’s actually acceptable. I might consider playing with the this mouse after all.

Wow, I tried the 1800 DPI thing and the jittering is nearly gone now. Thanks alot Link!

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Nice work Link. So you advise setting my gamesens from 0.85 to 1.70 and the driver sens from 10 to 5? Or is it unfixable? The problem only affects my soldier play, so it’s not that bad.

(I love the destructor btw, its pretty smooth after some gaming on it. To bad I got the white SE, which is fucking ugly D:)

edit: I cant fix the problem. Ill make a topic about it later on, want to see if my setup is the cause or its a general problem.

Last edited by Koeitje,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

The white SE offers better tracking for most mice I’ve tried it with. But yeah my black one looks much better :P

Kasuno

Deimos

Anyone who is using Abyssus noticed the scroll doing some noise ? Only when i scroll it up. I just bought it 2 weeks ago more or less. :/

It sounds really weird. Fuck if i have to exchange it.

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Koeitje

Nice work Link. So you advise setting my gamesens from 0.85 to 1.70 and the driver sens from 10 to 5? Or is it unfixable? The problem only affects my soldier play, so it’s not that bad.

(I love the destructor btw, its pretty smooth after some gaming on it. To bad I got the white SE, which is fucking ugly D:)

edit: I cant fix the problem. Ill make a topic about it later on, want to see if my setup is the cause or its a general problem.

I haven’t noticed any drawbacks with using a low driver sens so I would recommend you to use the minimum possible value(~1) if you are fine with the cursor sensitivity. You could probably get away with 2.5-5 driver sens too, but better safe than sorry. It’s not allways obvious that you have a negative acceleration problem, it could be barely noticable and yet affect your performance. I find this a good way to not have to worry.

Quoted from Kasuno

Anyone who is using Abyssus noticed the scroll doing some noise ? Only when i scroll it up. I just bought it 2 weeks ago more or less. :/

It sounds really weird. Fuck if i have to exchange it.

Mine works fine, my Salmosa had squeaky buttons though.

Last edited by ell,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4