Forum

Razer Salmosa, drift control

Created 8th February 2010 @ 22:22

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from ell

[…]

Shit! What mice CAN you rely on? I use a qck+ and have the above problem. If things get any worse I’ll have to drag out my Intellimouse 1.1…

Koeitje, how is the vertical tracking on your DA at these speeds? What surface are you using? I might get myself a DA too.

I don’t have that vertical tracking problem with my DA on a Qck. Only problem that still remains is the problem the 3G (this is the 3.5G sensor) also had for me: sometimes it clips when I try and rj and I aim straight down forcing me to fail and go straight up in the air. No problems with playing scout (6/11 windows, 900dpi, 1.9 in-game)

shape

i think that the most reliable mouse currently on the market is the deathadder for guys who like to palm grip
the wmo is also a very nice mouse but only if you use a high enough sensitivity to avoid its negative acceleration
i use the abyssus myself and if razer will ever fix the bug on cloth pads i think the abyssus is quite the best mouse for fingertip grippers

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

I don’t have that vertical tracking problem with my DA on a Qck. Only problem that still remains is the problem the 3G (this is the 3.5G sensor) also had for me: sometimes it clips when I try and rj and I aim straight down forcing me to fail and go straight up in the air. No problems with playing scout (6/11 windows, 900dpi, 1.9 in-game)

This should be of interest for you:
http://esreality.hexus.net/?a=longpost&id=1300293&page=3

“The DeathAdder’s solid performance begins to deteriorate when you change the hardware resolution from the highest setting of 1800dpi. At both 900 and 450 dpi the mouse develops a clipping problem that can be seen by the flat response after a certain speed.”

“Clearly there is a hardware problem that the DeathAdder exhibits when you use both the 900dpi and 450dpi settings. You hit negative acceleration sooner and also get malfunction at lower speeds.”

Try raising the dpi and let us know if the problem remains when you’ve played with it for a few days.

Quoted from shape

i think that the most reliable mouse currently on the market is the deathadder for guys who like to palm grip
the wmo is also a very nice mouse but only if you use a high enough sensitivity to avoid its negative acceleration
i use the abyssus myself and if razer will ever fix the bug on cloth pads i think the abyssus is quite the best mouse for fingertip grippers

Sadly, I use clawgrip so the abyssus is really the obvious choice for me. I’m not sure about using clawgrip on a DA, it’s a bit narrow?

Last edited by ell,

Mirelin

alus

Is there any chance, that in future there will be available Fyrmware for Razer Salmosa, which disables Drift control like on Razer Deathadder?

Quoted from ell

[…]

This should be of interest for you:
http://esreality.hexus.net/?a=longpost&id=1300293&page=3

That’s the old DA, which is still the best mouse out there.

shape

Quoted from Mirelin

Is there any chance, that in future there will be available Fyrmware for Razer Salmosa, which disables Drift control like on Razer Deathadder?

No, i dont think there will be any future updates for the firmware of the salmosa.

Mirelin

alus

Decided to take Razer Abyssus. And as there is no Razer Abyssus in my country named Latvia, i don’t see any way’s than order it through the internet.

Any suggestions? Do somebody know safe internet sites where is shipping to the Latvia? What about ordering this mouse on razerzone.com website? Are they shipping mouses to Latvia?

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

http://eu.razerzone.com/razer-abyssus

Kasuno

Deimos

Heya mate, well! i was looking for a mouse like you. I wanted a small mouse. I went to Abyssus. In most of webs I read that its like Salmosa, but a little bit improved, in terms of size its the same, as you can see in razer web. Abyssus dont have prediction and its shape it’s a little bit imrpoved too as i said.

I bought it 2 days ago and im pretty much happy with it, it glides really well with the pad i bought: roccat Sota.

you can take a look in my vid (its rlly short) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9vihvLym8U
bye:)

pd: didnt read the whole thread

Last edited by Kasuno,

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Mirelin

Decided to take Razer Abyssus. And as there is no Razer Abyssus in my country named Latvia, i don’t see any way’s than order it through the internet.

Any suggestions? Do somebody know safe internet sites where is shipping to the Latvia? What about ordering this mouse on razerzone.com website? Are they shipping mouses to Latvia?

Tought that maybe I should let you know that I’m busy trying to get rid of mine. I emailed Razer 3 days ago telling them how shitty their mouse is and that I want my money back…in a well mannered inquiring, yet subtly insinuating, sort of way. I wonder why they haven’t mailed back… I’ll let you know how this develops.

The fact that my last two Razer mice were flawed will certainly make me think twice before buying another one. Still, what are the alternatives? I think I’ll go for a DB 3G next. Anyone had any problems with one of those?

Mirelin

alus

“I emailed Razer 3 days ago telling them how shitty their mouse”

I don’t understand you a little bit. You have bought Razer Abyssus, and you are not happy with it?

Or you are talking about Salmosa?

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Mirelin

“I emailed Razer 3 days ago telling them how shitty their mouse”

I don’t understand you a little bit. You have bought Razer Abyssus, and you are not happy with it?

Or you are talking about Salmosa?

Yes, I own the Abyssus and I emailed Razer support and asked what they were going to do about the problem and if I could get a refund. Still no response. I’m not happy with it and I won’t play with it unless they fix it. Here is another demonstration I put togeather just now:

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/4278/abyssus.png

I won’t be using the Salmosa eigher becuse of the drift control.

Mirelin

alus

Quoted from ell

[…]

Yes, I own the Abyssus and I emailed Razer support and asked what they were going to do about the problem and if I could get a refund. Still no response. I’m not happy with it and I won’t play with it unless they fix it. Here is another demonstration I put togeather just now:

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/4278/abyssus.png

I won’t be using the Salmosa eigher becuse of the drift control.

Maybe they could make some firmware for it for bug fixes. Like on Deathadder. There was double click bug in it, which has been fixed with new fyrmware. Or with fyrmware cannot fix laser problems?

Last edited by Mirelin,

ell

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Mirelin

[…]

Maybe they could make some firmware for it for bug fixes. Like on Deathadder. There was double click bug in it, which has been fixed with new fyrmware. Or with fyrmware cannot fix laser problems?

It’s unlikey that Razer were unaware of the problem at realease, things like these don’t fall through appropriate testing. It is likely to have been discovered late in the development cycle when testing usually occurs.

Given that the problem was discovered, correcting it would certainly be high priority. If it could be achieved by a firmware fix it would have been done already (3 months is plenty of time to hunt down any bug). If not, the product wasn’t flexible enough to allow for the changes to be made and the problem probably resides in hardware.

Hardware designs can’t be allowed to have errors in them. If that happens you typically have to have it manufactured from scratch all over again, which is very costly. Intel struggled a long time to not have to recall their Pentium processors with the FDIV bug, for this very reason.

In conclusion:
The problem is likely not considered bad enough to motivate the extra work/money required to put it right. If it was, it would have been done already.

Sadly I don’t find it that hard to believe that the suits at Razer found themselves sitting around with all the mice and xmas drawing near and figured that they should be able to pull it off without drawing too much attention to themselves. I don’t expect to see a firmare fix anytime soon.

Last edited by ell,

Kasuno

Deimos

So whats the problem with the Abyssus, sorry but i didnt understand. I dont know anything about mouses but i was looking for a “small” mouse and Abyssus was the only one decent i found. :(

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »