Forum

TF2 Update (06/01/10)

Created 6th January 2010 @ 21:03

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 Next »

I don’t get it.
They created a cvar that gives the scout unbelievably better damage at mid range and added hit sounds? nvc to make huge comeback and become the best scout with quake live experience alone?

dauk

Demo hasn’t been overpowered in about 1,5 years, and we’ve gone through about a dozen nerfs in that time. I guess people just like having a scapegoat. And we’re “whining” (the idiot’s argument) because it’s goddamn annoying and makes our class even more random than it was before. Imagine if one out of say, five, of your scattergun shots fired randomly directly upwards.

Sorry to burst your bubble but if anything needs a nerf in the current build, it’s the scout.

LOL get real, demo’s almost twice as powerful as a soldier, being able to do some 1,400 damage without reloading. It’s limited to one for a reason – everytime I play demoman I just lol whenever I kill someone with stickies, literally embarressing how overpowered and easy it is.

LOL get real , demos are for spam that they can do only when are protected ,and how hard is solly work to jump into face with rocket shooting to the feet/ground.

Last edited by dauk,

As I didnt had the chance to play with the FaN,I wanted to ask is it balanced now?And whats happening with the stickys,are they not doing the proper damage?

Apparently knockback on people on the ground is bugged. Either that or Heavies are immovable by FaN knockback.

Stickies can be destroyed midair by hitscan, which is a bug (which I hope stays since the only class that truly benefits from it is Heavy who could use it).
Stickies can also be changed in direction midair, ie if they’re flying above ground and get caught in the radius of an exploding rocket they fly off.

archy

As I didnt had the chance to play with the FaN,I wanted to ask is it balanced now?And whats happening with the stickys,are they not doing the proper damage?

Apparently knockback on people on the ground is bugged. Either that or Heavies are immovable by FaN knockback.

Stickies can be destroyed midair by hitscan, which is a bug (which I hope stays since the only class that truly benefits from it is Heavy who could use it).
Stickies can also be changed in direction midair, ie if they’re flying above ground and get caught in the radius of an exploding rocket they fly off.

and what about scouts shooting at your model? and therefore at the spot where the sticky pops out? i bet (as said before i think) at least one out of five stickes would be randomly destroyed by scouts. <— SCOUTS, not heavies

and what about scouts shooting at your model? and therefore at the spot where the sticky pops out? i bet (as said before i think) at least one out of five stickes would be randomly destroyed by scouts. <— SCOUTS, not heavies

Wouldn’t really matter, I think. I could be wrong but I don’t think that would change much in the Demo/Scout matchup.

Hiper

-YSND-

LOL get real, demo’s almost twice as powerful as a soldier, being able to do some 1,400 damage without reloading. It’s limited to one for a reason – everytime I play demoman I just lol whenever I kill someone with stickies, literally embarressing how overpowered and easy it is.

What are you waiting to Main Demoman? Show everyone your 6-man kills in every pcw,i can´t wait.

On Topic: I don´t think getting punished by using stickies at close range is a bad idea,use your pipes :D.

Mike

SF

why would Valve compile a debug version? it’s not like they’ve ever bothered to test their game

archy

Wouldn’t really matter, I think. I could be wrong but I don’t think that would change much in the Demo/Scout matchup.

in the last few weeks i didnt play or spec a lot of tf2, but in the very few matches i saw or played, it happened too many times. just fyi

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

lol, nothing has even changed with the FaN, it’s a placebo update for the moaners. Sure with no random spread it does 9 less damage point blank, but everything else feels identical. That’s after my brief testing session.

I think the server i did my test on wasn’t updated ;p
FaN has been gimped, it’s now a 2 shot scattergun or a 1 shot scattergun with movement capabilities. Not really a valid tradeoff in any sense. Either way, bring on the utility class role! I love mah engineer!

AcidReniX

As I didnt had the chance to play with the FaN,I wanted to ask is it balanced now?

Well, you will see that the scout community will go from about 10% FaN to about 2% FaN. I think that will show that it’s not a balanced unlock anymore. The good thing about it is that it now takes significantly more skill to kill someone with the FaN than the scattergun, so all you scout noobs who use the scattergun should get some ‘PRIDE’ and switch to FaN (See what I did there? it’s the same argument people were using against the FaN but reversed ;) )

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

As I didnt had the chance to play with the FaN,I wanted to ask is it balanced now?

Well, you will see that the scout community will go from about 10% FaN to about 2% FaN. I think that will show that it’s not a balanced unlock anymore. The good thing about it is that it now takes significantly more skill to kill someone with the FaN than the scattergun, so all you scout noobs who use the scattergun should get some ‘PRIDE’ and switch to FaN (See what I did there? it’s the same argument people were using against the FaN but reversed ;) )

Except the scatter still isn’t annoyingly gay like the FaN :)

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Except the scatter still isn’t annoyingly gay like the FaN :)

+1

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

I find the FaN is still useful on badlands, but I’m back to scattergun for granary. It’s rather useless in scout duels now, because you’re doing the same damage and no longer have any knockback to speak, so you just have a scattergun with 1/3 clip size.

Arnold

DAKKA

yes but you can deal damage fast and when the damage buff is back you’ll be able to deal more damage. plust it gives you this (now retarded but whatever) movement.

fan is finally coming along nicely, although i still think the knockback was an extremely gay idea to begin with.

AcidReniX

The only thing the FaN has going for it over the scattergun is the movement. The rate of fire increase is minimal and you have nothing to stop a scattergun scout from pushing straight onto you. He deals the same amount of damage as you only he gets more attempts at it. The movement side of the FaN is almost useless in combat anyway as it reduces you to a 1 shot weapon before reload. Damage over time or burst damage is simply more beneficial to your team than survivability (Which a regular scout is almost as good at anyway). Before, the FaN out did the scattergun in burst damage, now it has neither. It’s significantly worse to run the FaN now, not equal. The only reason why i’m still using it is because I enjoy using it, not because it’s equally effective (which it was, or close to before).

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 16 Next »