Forum

Demoman vs Soldier update

Created 15th December 2009 @ 06:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 28 Next »

n00ne

So , the shield takes slot2 and the sword takes slot3? Really now , i can’t imagine anyone trading a sticky launcher and ye olde trusting bottle for that. My guess , for now , comp tf2 is safe. Unless they release something completely stupid for the soldier.

Edd

T2P

Looks great!

Randdalf

(0v0)

So , the shield takes slot2 and the sword takes slot3? Really now , i can’t imagine anyone trading a sticky launcher and ye olde trusting bottle for that. My guess , for now , comp tf2 is safe. Unless they release something completely stupid for the soldier.

You don’t have to have both of them I don’t think. I think Shield + Bottle could be a pretty good combo if used right.

skinnie

TCM

why take the bottle with the shield when you can have crits if you use the sword ?

Randdalf

(0v0)

why take the bottle with the shield when you can have crits if you use the sword ?

You get crits if you use the bottle as well as far as I can infer “Charging also boosts the lethality of your melee weapon.” it doesn’t specfically say sword.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

The sword doesn’t get crits without the shield, though.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Ok so, a point blank rocket against a demo with shield will do 40 damage, and if you don’t jump you’ll take 85 damage (45 if you jump). It’ll take 5 direct point blank rockets to kill the demoman with the shield – note the rocket only carries 4 loaded rockets. So, it’s the first class whereby a soldier will actually do more harm to himself than to the enemy at point blank

A rocket at “fighting” range will now do around 25 damage to the demo with shield, or put another way to kill the demo at this range you’d need 7 direct hits, 10 if he’s fully buffed. Then factor in the speed charge (faster than a scout)….

Edit: Also, I think, if a medic were to be healing him at “fighting” range I doubt it would even be possible to kill the demoman no matter how many rockets you fired off as the regen from the healing would outweigh the damage from the rockets

Also to add to the above

“”Charging also boosts the lethality of your melee weapon. Land a melee hit during a medium length charge and you’ll be guaranteed a mini-crit. Land a hit during a long distance charge, and your victim will receive devastating full crit damage. “”

This doesn’t specifically say the sword, so I’m assuming this also applies to the bottle melee. Early to say and maybe I’m too pessimistic here, but I find it hard to see how a “current loadout” soldier or demoman could effectively deal with this tanking ability.

wpminnows

[PG]

Ok so, a point blank rocket against a demo with shield will do 40 damage, and if you don’t jump you’ll take 85 damage (45 if you jump). It’ll take 5 direct point blank rockets to kill the demoman with the shield – note the rocket only carries 4 loaded rockets. So, it’s the first class whereby a soldier will actually do more harm to himself than to the enemy at point blank

A rocket at “fighting” range will now do around 25 damage to the demo with shield, or put another way to kill the demo at this range you’d need 7 direct hits, 10 if he’s fully buffed. Then factor in the speed charge (faster than a scout)….

Edit: Also, I think, if a medic were to be healing him at “fighting” range I doubt it would even be possible to kill the demoman no matter how many rockets you fired off as the regen from the healing would outweigh the damage from the rockets

you have a shotgun you idiot

jgmaster

BM

Assuming the shield takes off 50hp then he will have as much hp as the scout. You could just wip out your shotgun. All speculation of course.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Perhaps this means the Soldiers unlocks won’t be explosive? :D

Also to add to the above

“”Charging also boosts the lethality of your melee weapon. Land a melee hit during a medium length charge and you’ll be guaranteed a mini-crit. Land a hit during a long distance charge, and your victim will receive devastating full crit damage. “”

This doesn’t specifically say the sword, so I’m assuming this also applies to the bottle melee. Early to say and maybe I’m too pessimistic here, but I find it hard to see how a “current loadout” soldier or demoman could effectively deal with this tanking ability.

Too bad the soldier doesn’t have a shotgun.

wer

tfortress.no

The soldier might get a counter weapon for the shield tho

U-die

They should give the demo a shotgun as sticky-launcher replacement.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

“”Too bad the soldier doesn’t have a shotgun.””

What a dumbass comment, if the scattergun only does 35% damage versus soldiers, I’ll turn around and say “too bad the scout doesn’t have a pistol”

sMisk

:id:

Also to add to the above

we still don’t know enough to tell if this weapon combo will be good or bad. Like how will it work will u be able to activate the charge ability for how long? will it have cooldown like jarate? will u be able to hit when you are useing it? or first mele strike after is crit? etc so this combo can be either op or up or just right who knows we will have to wait until update relese.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 28 Next »