Forum

Demoman vs Soldier update

Created 15th December 2009 @ 06:17

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 Next »

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

pickaxe for ban… sollys shouldn’t be able to get to middle faster then scouts :(

saiboat

http://s2.imgimg.de/uploads/kothsawmill0001943229d6jpg.jpg

bots heal eachother build sentries and teleporters, snipers wait behind cover to pop out and zoom in from time to time… so awesome.
but it is in testing, they get stuck in some places alot. still i love it!

Spary

Alright did some more testing with the Targe + Eyelander, the crit does 195 damage but it’s pretty hard to do it, you can get juggled and when you do, the effect of the charge goes off and no crit for you… 88 damage is from mini crit which is easy to do (btw if you bump on someone before you swing the sword, it counts as a normal hit and not a crit even though you got the crit effect on your weapon)

The SR as far as I tested it is the shittiest unlock I have ever seen in this game, far worse than the Dead Ringer. You must put your crosshair almost exactly where your stickies are to detonate them.

Can’t sticky jump with this weapon (reason above) and being aggressive is not just “harder” but is impossible since you cannot blow your stickies correctly, I found it a nice idea but it doesn’t work.

If valve would make the first sticky detonate without looking at it so you’ll be able to sticky jump it would be good. And make the range where you look at your stickies much bigger would be awesome.

BTW the SR got 8 stickies which you can reload and then put another 8 stickies, so you dont have 16 stickies right off the bat.

As far as I’ve seen and heard from my clan mates, the soldier’s weapons are extremely satisfying, fun and are good sidegrades.

The demoman’s in the other hand is bugged/bad unlocks in any way you look at them.

WELL PLAID.

uvio

So it is exactly as comp needs, i like it so far.
But yes, the pickaxe tingy is a little bit op on ctf maps.

Sekhel

Most fun and update ever provided.
Yeah, demomans SR is utter shit. The other unlocks aren’t great also, but at least they are fun.
And soldiers, f*cking finnaly, are actually fun to play. And their weapons are good sidegrades to the original ones (except maybe the banner, for the little testing I’ve done, it seems WAY too overpowered).

RaCio

GoT²

The SR as far as I tested it is the shittiest unlock I have ever seen in this game, far worse than the Dead Ringer.

The dead ringer is actually awesome if you use some of your brains :P

Last edited by RaCio,

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

errrmm combat text ??? http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/4469/hawtb.jpg

wtf are they thinking

Indeed, rofl. It does bring another skill to the game: math :D. Especially with all your teammates calling damage amounts. But I prefer just guessing damage, much nicer.

Before today lots of people have been complaining that with the random damage they had to guess too much, now there’s people saying they don’t like the damage display. That amuses me.

codcrille

Fresh.

Pickaxe sounds like a good option for fleeing soldiers with dead medics if nothing else.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

the banner is going to mean teams seriously considering using a heavy for attacking final points, nice “teamwork” sidegrade for the shotgun.

even though you can get to middle quickly with the pickaxe, you’d still want to arrive around the time of the medic. It’s great for escaping, which was something a soldier could rarely manage.

Last edited by Fragga,

Adiemus

Cool, sollies won’t feel like a shitbag when they are weak and alone now.

Spary

The SR as far as I tested it is the shittiest unlock I have ever seen in this game, far worse than the Dead Ringer.

The dead ringer is actually awesome if you use some of your brains :P

I meant when it was released (The Dead Ringer).

Black_Bob

[DA]

Havent had a chance to test the new update myself (im at work) how do fights between a soldier with the direct hit and the normal rocket launcher work out pretty even or heavily waited to one or the other weapon?

Havent had a chance to test the new update myself (im at work) how do fights between a soldier with the direct hit and the normal rocket launcher work out pretty even or heavily waited to one or the other weapon?

Not many 1v1 situations so far :P
From my experience so far it’s in favour of the TDH solly.

RaCio

GoT²

The spy can build dispensers: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=af09278486642e938665ba452d736cdb&t=1072672

wth? :D

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 26 27 28 Next »