Forum

Update 15th September 2009

Created 15th September 2009 @ 23:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »

M0re

Unfortunately I foresee exactly that, most teams running a heavy on most maps, many soldiers switching to sniper and the game becoming more boring – I hope I’m wrong. But the shear amount of health the heavy will have (450 buffed, 150 sandvich thrown down in front of him, plus the continual heals, say altogether 750h) for an attack will take him well beyond what even x2 soldiers can deal out at standard fighting range – ie,. 11 direct rockets to take out a heavy.

yes, making tf2 boring since beta.

M0re

I’d say let’s ban the regular Syringe Gun, no?

+1 and make that self regene back to normal, imho it wasnt instant before this update, right no? It started after 4-5-6s or something like that with 1hp/s yes/no?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

lol, before complained that heavy wasn’t viable to sacrifice a scout/soldier before update, now it looks like it might get more use people are moaning.

valve just can’t win xD

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

If you like the blutsauger, why dont you use it?

Difference between 4 and 6 hp/sec is only a couple of seconds and the needlegun is not going to save you live. In contrast to the blutsauger which can win a round for you by surviving and getting your uber up in time.
You are overrating the regen buff imho.

Because alot of the hassle the syringe now saves you from is territorial control. Say your medic is low. You decide to back off to get hp. Which with the syringe is unecessary, you can keep your positioning, keep the area you hold under control. Now this too can be considered a gamebreaking situation.
And the blut isn’t _that_ amazing compared to the needlegun that it’ll give a huge amount of gamebreaking kills. You’re overrating the blut imho.

You can’t keep your positioning if you’re in an exposed position, as you’ll still be finished fairly quickly. You would need to retreat to safety for the regen to have enough time to recover you to a point where you’re not low (if by low you mean <50 hp, with 3 health/sec that means 16 secs to get back to 100 hp, at which point you'll still die from a well-placed meatshot, a rocket, a sticky or a nade).

Only thing in this situation is that instead of retreating to a medpack you can retreat a safer route whilst regenning to hold somewhere.

I still do not see ONE reason for you to complain about this change as a medic. It ruins the blutsauger? The blutsauger allows for damage recovery during tight-spots in bursts, while the syringegun now allows for passive damage recovery throughout the fight. The syringegun will during a game heal a LOT more than a blutsauger, obviously, and it's generally more ideal to have, but to complain it makes the blutsauger useless is a bit of an oxymoron seeing as there were no complaints the blutsauger made the syringegun useless before.

And if you say the syringegun is useless, but you're forced to use it because of the regen, while the blutsauger is a better weapon, then. Well, I have to admit you can't be the sharpest tool in the shed given that the regen is an ABILITY of the syringegun and therefore it has to be considered as a whole and added to the value of the syringegun as a weapon.

Unfortunately I foresee exactly that, most teams running a heavy on most maps, many soldiers switching to sniper and the game becoming more boring – I hope I’m wrong. But the shear amount of health the heavy will have (450 buffed, 150 sandvich thrown down in front of him, plus the continual heals, say altogether 750h) for an attack will take him well beyond what even x2 soldiers can deal out at standard fighting range – ie,. 11 direct rockets to take out a heavy.

Yeah, man, I hate it when I try to kill a heavy and he just spins down his weapon, switches to the sandvich, drops it, walks towards it while switching back to his minigun, and then spins up again JUST BEFORE I kill him and then finishes me off. :(

RaCio

GoT²

doesnt anyone else see that this just makes bad medics better? even when they take lots of spam when they cluelessly roam around following some soldier, not more than few seconds later *ZADAM* they’re back to full health.

Ìt will take 12 seconds to recover from one long range rocket.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Yeah, man, I hate it when I try to kill a heavy and he just spins down his weapon, switches to the sandvich, drops it, walks towards it while switching back to his minigun, and then spins up again JUST BEFORE I kill him and then finishes me off. :(

:D

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Yeah, man, I hate it when I try to kill a heavy and he just spins down his weapon, switches to the sandvich, drops it, walks towards it while switching back to his minigun, and then spins up again JUST BEFORE I kill him and then finishes me off.

I just run with the sandvich, throw it down in front of me, switch to minigun keep walking forward whilst firing, and pick it up when I’m below half-health, combine this with a buff and constant heals and you got a class that requires both enemy soldiers and the demo all to focus on you to stand any chance of taking you down, heavy limit 1 incoming.

wer

tfortress.no

Can enemies pick up the sandvich and gain hp from it?

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Yes

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Yes

Yes, but they can’t when you throw it in front of you as heavy unless they want to die

agron

Relic

Yes

Yes, but they can’t when you throw it in front of you as heavy unless they want to die

what is this, i find myself agreeing with most of what fragga is saying. Help, I’m the fucking bizarro world!!?!? D:

still, i’ll not whine about this before I’ve had to suffer through heavy gayness in proper games.

(edit, you still have to sacrifice some mobility for the added durability in pushes. But defending the last cp (for example) just got a lot easier imo)

Wiiking

Yes

what is this, i find myself agreeing with most of what fragga is saying. Help, I’m the fucking bizarro world!!?!? D:

still, i’ll not whine about this before I’ve had to suffer through heavy gayness in proper games.

(edit, you still have to sacrifice some mobility for the added durability in pushes. But defending the last cp (for example) just got a lot easier imo)

but it might turn out real impressive if those speedgloves finally pops up… then u can run fast and will prolly use sasha more

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Yeah, and it wouldn’t surprise me to see players who switched to say engineer, sniper or pyro for last point defense instead just go heavy now, which will be a shame as pyro and engy are usually only used in cp5’s for that very thing.

Rele

Srsly, cant you just play the goddamn game already? The heavy did receive nothing but a better sandvich yet everyone already screams “omg OP” or even more ridiculous nonsense (750HP). It takes more than one guy to kill a overhealed heavy? So? Hasnt it always been like that? Noone has been complaining about that thus far but hey, now he has a dropable sandvich that will give him 150HP MAXIMUM when he is NOT at full health, and he cant damage anyone for the time it takes him to spin down his gun, switch to the sandvich, drop it, walk over it and spin up again, but hey, that makes him clearly a much better fighter.

What you seem to forget is that the heavy neither has a shotgun nor has he become faster all of a sudden. Even if he gets some kind of gadget that allows him to walk faster, it will come with a drawback.

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Srsly, cant you just play the goddamn game already? The heavy did receive nothing but a better sandvich yet everyone already screams “omg OP” or even more ridiculous nonsense (750HP). It takes more than one guy to kill a overhealed heavy? So? Hasnt it always been like that? Noone has been complaining about that thus far but hey, now he has a dropable sandvich that will give him 150HP MAXIMUM when he is NOT at full health, and he cant damage anyone for the time it takes him to spin down his gun, switch to the sandvich, drop it, walk over it and spin up again, but hey, that makes him clearly a much better fighter.

What you seem to forget is that the heavy neither has a shotgun nor has he become faster all of a sudden. Even if he gets some kind of gadget that allows him to walk faster, it will come with a drawback.

I don’t want to argue with you but think of it like this, you attack final on granary as heavy, you run as fast as a medic (i’m not disclosing information you guys don’t already know now as it was leaked – so you can dodge projectiles easily) you throw down a sandvich in front of yourself, you switch to minigun and attack whilst walking towards your sandvich, ok now… a buffed heavy is 450hp, the sandvich will be 150hp and the continual healing till he dies will be around 150hp *roughly*

We’re talking about focus firing him by using both soldiers and a demoman at least, preoccupation with just taking down one class to that extreme will get your entire team destroyed by the enemy scouts, demo, whatever; you’re really going to be forced into using a heavy yourself (once the heavy changes come) and perhaps even dropping the soldier for a jarate-sniper.

That’s all I’m saying I’m not screaming overpowered the jist of my point is simply that TF2 is going to change alot, and perhaps not for the best.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »