Forum

Update 15th September 2009

Created 15th September 2009 @ 23:36

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 11 Next »

BvD

flowerpower/

Updates to Team Fortress 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:

Engine

If the installation is an HLTV relay we allow clients to connect as HLTV clients even if tv_enable is set to false. A recent exploit fix made it such that we ignore the flag indicating that the client is an HLTV client if tv_enable is false, but it is possible that relays won’t have this ConVar set

Additions / Changes

Backpack improvement

Added support for 100 slots in the backpack

Backpack can now be sorted by type

Multi-selection in the backpack is now done by holding down the Ctrl key

Alt-fire on the Sandvich now drops sandviches

A single sandvich can be dropped at a time. Dropping the sandvich removes it from the Heavy

A Heavy can regain his sandvich by collecting a healthkit while already being at full health

Eating a sandvich using the taunt method now heals a Heavy to full health

Dropped sandviches heal 50% of the collector’s health

Medic regen changes

Base regen amount increased from 1/sec to 3/sec

Regen amount increase since time of last damage decreased from 3x to 2x

End result of above: Old healing scaled from 1/sec to 3/sec based on time since being damaged (maxed out at 10 seconds). New healing scales from 3/sec to 6/sec

Blutsauger

Replaced “No critical hits” negative attribute with “-2 health drained per second on wearer”

Health drain stacks on top of the above Medic regen changes, lowering the base regen by 2h/sec

Added “mp_windifference” server ConVar (default to 0)

When set to X, matches will be considered won if a team gets X points ahead of the other team

Added a “Remember the active weapon between lives” option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog

Added “Disable weather effects” option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog

Added “Show non-standard items on spectated player” option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog

If set (default), it’ll show non-standard items being carried by the player you’re spectating

Tournament mode changes

New item whitelist allowing tournaments to control what items can be used by players

Added “item_whitelist_example.txt”

Added “item_show_whitelistable_definitions” command to get a list of whitelistable items

Added Tournament mode Spectator HUD

Added “Use advanced spectator HUD in tournament mode” option to the Multiplayer->Advanced options dialog

Shows all the members of your team (or both if you’re a spectator) at the top of the screen, along with class/health/respawn time/charge level

Spectator indices are now shown on the team members, and hitting the corresponding weapon selection key (slot1-slot12 commands) will spectate them

Changed idle player check to include spectators & players who haven’t chosen a team

Bug Fixes

Fixed explosive radius detection using an axially aligned box instead of a sphere

Compensated by increasing the radius of grenades, pipes, and rockets to 50% of what they lost at the corners of the OBB

Grenades/Pipes radius change: 132->159

Rocket radius change: 121->146

End result of above: Explosives have had their radius reduced at some angles, and increased at others. Radius is now consistent, angles are now irrelevant

Fixed Sniper using the reference pose if he has the Huntsman deployed when his team loses

Fixed Spies speaking their response rules lines after killing a player as the class they were disguised as

Fixed Medics getting MedicCallerPanels in their HUD for cloaked enemy Spies disguised as their team

Fixed the Huntsman not firing crit arrows when the Sniper is being CritBoosted

Fixed being able to fire the Huntsman under water if you jump into the water with the arrow charged

Added check to prevent clients using the “firstperson” command to get out of thirdperson view while they’re phasing, taunting or control stunned

Fixed Halo glow effect not being hidden for cloak/disguised enemy Spies

Fixed wearables not destroying their attached particles when they’re removed

Fixed several player & viewmodel simulation issues that occurred when the game was paused

Fixed a DX8-based exploit that allowed modified particle effects to work under sv_pure 2

Community Requests

Added the entindex() of the object being built to the “player_builtobject” game event

Added flag to allow CTF map authors to turn off the Overtime mode when timers expire

Added IgnitePlayer input to TFPlayer

Akill

Dropped sandviches heal 50% of the collector’s health

heavy is medic’s best friend!!!

new spectator mode :o

iQue

keso

Replaced “No critical hits” negative attribute with “-2 health drained per second on wearer”

Wait so this means that you lose 2 hp/sec while carrying the blutsauger? Seems a bit harsh but I guess it makes the ordinary syringe gun more useful in some situations.

Willazord

wow, pretty nice update. new spectator hud looks brilliant.

AnimaL

medic gets awesome heal rate :]]]

tho it was ~6sec to full regen rate in bet, now its 10sec :(

having 6sec was better but meh, fine…

Wait so this means that you lose 2 hp/sec while carrying the blutsauger? Seems a bit harsh but I guess it makes the ordinary syringe gun more useful in some situations.

rofl, no, just means u will want to play with normal needlegun on high matches where u want to stay alive… the regen rate with blutsauger now is 1-4hp per sec

Wobblit

The medic selfheals for 3 to 6 hp/second depending on how long ago the medic was damaged, with the blutsauger that changes to 1 to 4 hp/second. You won’t lose hp, you just gain less.

iQue

keso

Oh I missed the increased regen, I guess that’s kind of nice then. ;)

I always wanted it to be like that, one syringe gun for a dedicated healer medic and another for someone that wants a little extra edge in tight situations.

RUJa

STD

Awesome update.

Wobblit

Spectator indices are now shown on the team members, and hitting the corresponding weapon selection key (slot1-slot12 commands) will spectate them

Anyone else can’t get these to work? Even tried typing in slot1, slot2 etc directly into the console and it doesn’t switch.
I was testing it on a few days old STV Demo, maybe that only works in a live game or post-patch STV Demos?

CaptainBadger

Awesome update. The Sandvich stuff is brilliant. It means you choose between full regen (taunt method) or quick, half regen (drop it at your feet and pick it up). Makes the Sandvich a decent contender against the Shotgun for your secondary weapon, IMO!

gryzor

Impressive support from the TF2 guys at Valve. Hats off. I wonder if I could send them a basket of heinekens…

BERSERKER

broder
PRO

Impressive support from the TF2 guys at Valve. Hats off. I wonder if I could send them a basket of heinekens…

If you do, provide pics.

Akill

the new blutsauger changes nothing in comparison to pre-update. which is good.

If u were in a situation when u needed to use ur needlegun, you have recently taken damage in 99% of scenarios. Pre-update this would give u 1hp regen with or without the blutsauger. now post-update u have 1hp regen whilst using the blutsauger, which means using the blutsauger pre-post patch is exactly the same

Cycles

lolwow

Send them to me and I’ll be sure to forward them on. Promise!

Tikcus

the new blutsauger changes nothing in comparison to pre-update. which is good.

If u were in a situation when u needed to use ur needlegun, you have recently taken damage in 99% of scenarios. Pre-update this would give u 1hp regen with or without the blutsauger. now post-update u have 1hp regen whilst using the blutsauger, which means using the blutsauger pre-post patch is exactly the same

we tested this, and using both guns hp regen is at 3hp (expecting a small fix tomorrow)
or perhaps it’s just my level 87 blutsaugher has special powers :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 11 Next »