Created 15th September 2009 @ 23:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

To better illustrate my point

look at this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxkHSN7GjwU

Rele

I don’t want to argue with you but think of it like this, you attack final on granary as heavy, you run as fast as a medic (i’m not disclosing information you guys don’t already know now as it was leaked – so you can dodge projectiles easily) you throw down a sandvich in front of yourself, you switch to minigun and attack whilst walking towards your sandvich, ok now… a buffed heavy is 450hp, the sandvich will be 150hp and the continual healing till he dies will be around 150hp *roughly*

We’re talking about focus firing him by using both soldiers and a demoman at least, preoccupation with just taking down one class to that extreme will get your entire team destroyed by the enemy scouts, demo, whatever; you’re really going to be forced into using a heavy yourself (once the heavy changes come) and perhaps even dropping the soldier for a jarate-sniper.

That’s all I’m saying I’m not screaming overpowered the jist of my point is simply that TF2 is going to change alot, and perhaps not for the best.

Would be a pretty nice example… if it actually worked out.
First of all, there’s no difference to the current situation at all – a heavy that doesnt get killed on last one will rape the enemy apart – and he doesnt even need the extra 150hp the sandvich might give him.

Second, taking the exact same situation of your example, you forget a very important factor: Ubercharge. As you and I both know, the offensive team usually wont attack until they have an UC, and usually if the off. team has an UC, the def team has one as well. If the off team is now running a heavy and pushes for the last, the heavy has two options to choose from:

1) Running in as far as possible and start damaging asap, without dropping a sandvich
2) Running in without shooting but dropping a sandvich first, then start shooting

The first one is the current situation that everyone is already familar with, the attacking team usually gets UC forced first and if the heavy doesnt get killed after it, its a gg.

If the heavy chooses the 2nd option, he does not damage the enemy at all thus he is not contributing to forcing the enemy UC while he is vulnerable at all times. This may result in losing the UC even earlier than the enemy does, and after the off team’s UC wears off, the 150hp extra he gets from the sandvich wont help him much against enemy soldiers in godmode.

Also, the sandvich can be picked up by enemies at well, which is perfectly possible while being ubered. The heavy may choose to drop his sandvich a bit farer behind him – which means that he cannot make use of it anymore, it does “only” help one of his teammates (but can again also be stolen by eg scouts).

Danzeru

Royal`
MAD

I don’t want to argue with you but think of it like this, you attack final on granary as heavy, you run as fast as a medic (i’m not disclosing information you guys don’t already know now as it was leaked – so you can dodge projectiles easily) you throw down a sandvich in front of yourself, you switch to minigun and attack whilst walking towards your sandvich, ok now… a buffed heavy is 450hp, the sandvich will be 150hp and the continual healing till he dies will be around 150hp *roughly*

We’re talking about focus firing him by using both soldiers and a demoman at least, preoccupation with just taking down one class to that extreme will get your entire team destroyed by the enemy scouts, demo, whatever; you’re really going to be forced into using a heavy yourself (once the heavy changes come) and perhaps even dropping the soldier for a jarate-sniper.

That’s all I’m saying I’m not screaming overpowered the jist of my point is simply that TF2 is going to change alot, and perhaps not for the best.

Would be a pretty nice example… if it actually worked out.
First of all, there’s no difference to the current situation at all – a heavy that doesnt get killed on last one will rape the enemy apart – and he doesnt even need the extra 150hp the sandvich might give him.

Second, taking the exact same situation of your example, you forget a very important factor: Ubercharge. As you and I both know, the offensive team usually wont attack until they have an UC, and usually if the off. team has an UC, the def team has one as well. If the off team is now running a heavy and pushes for the last, the heavy has two options to choose from:

1) Running in as far as possible and start damaging asap, without dropping a sandvich
2) Running in without shooting but dropping a sandvich first, then start shooting

The first one is the current situation that everyone is already familar with, the attacking team usually gets UC forced first and if the heavy doesnt get killed after it, its a gg.

If the heavy chooses the 2nd option, he does not damage the enemy at all thus he is not contributing to forcing the enemy UC while he is vulnerable at all times. This may result in losing the UC even earlier than the enemy does, and after the off team’s UC wears off, the 150hp extra he gets from the sandvich wont help him much against enemy soldiers in godmode.

Also, the sandvich can be picked up by enemies at well, which is perfectly possible while being ubered. The heavy may choose to drop his sandvich a bit farer behind him – which means that he cannot make use of it anymore, it does “only” help one of his teammates (but can again also be stolen by eg scouts).

+1

Randdalf

(0v0)

You do you know… lose your shotgun for a mobile med pack, is it worth it?

mvp.

marco
¤_¤

Yes.

iQue

keso

We played a wireplay match yesterday with a heavy with sandvich, let’s just put it this way: if you can live with the heavy being a bit weak while on the move, the sandvich is really worth it. Saved me a couple of runs for medpacks.

You can actually throw the sandvich a fair distance, you can actually potentially airsandvich people. :D

archy

On maps like well its quite nice to play a heavy then because the medic doesnt have to spend 5 seonds of single healing on the heavy to bring him up to 300 (at least) again.
On the other side your medic doesnt have to run back for a health kit just because he got spammed…

DEPLOY SANDVICH HERE! :D

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

You can actually throw the sandvich a fair distance, you can actually potentially airsandvich people. :D

Fuck airheals with the medigun, this is where real skill is needed :D

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

In the example of final attack on granary, before the sandvich changes it was always a very good option to attack as heavy rather than soldier, now it’s just that much better, because previously I wouldn’t of even bothered to switch to shotgun when running up, so the sandvich in this situation is a straight upgrade as far as I am concerned.

Same can be said for final point defense, I’d never bother to switch to shotgun, so again the sandvich is a straight upgrade. Of course I’m only talking about certain situations, for middle points the heavy is still at a disadvantage as he arrives much too late into the action (until that is, the new changes come)

Rele

Ofc it’s not bad to have a sandvich when running for the last point, as it might save your ass – but it’s not like you can throw a sandvich with your magical third arm while firing so running a heavy for the last point isnt drastically improved now. It’s not even a necessary tactic.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Sandvich still wont save you from a headshot or sticky trap.

zar

plz no

xzr

what’s with the nazimoderating these days, I’m away for a few weeks and this place turns all dull :(

on the topic though. sandvich is cool

Wiiking

i asume that from what fragga is sayin u cant move the sandwish with aoe dmg? cuz that would be sweet fun and impressive as hell :D (plus potential awsum saves for fragmovies)

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

i asume that from what fragga is sayin u cant move the sandwish with aoe dmg? cuz that would be sweet fun and impressive as hell :D (plus potential awsum saves for fragmovies)

Indeed that would be, currently when you throw the sandvich down in front of yourself, you can quickly switch to minigun and nobody is going to be able to take that sandvich, as nobody would ever run directly at a heavy! the extra >150hp earns you another 2 rockets, which does make a big difference to the soldiers on defense – trust me.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 8 9 10 11 Next »