Forum

Update 15th September 2009

Created 15th September 2009 @ 23:36

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »

Rele

i asume that from what fragga is sayin u cant move the sandwish with aoe dmg? cuz that would be sweet fun and impressive as hell :D (plus potential awsum saves for fragmovies)

Indeed that would be, currently when you throw the sandvich down in front of yourself, you can quickly switch to minigun and nobody is going to be able to take that sandvich, as nobody would ever run directly at a heavy! the extra >150hp earns you another 2 rockets, which does make a big difference to the soldiers on defense – trust me.

One more thing, you only get the full 150hp if youre on 150hp yourself or lower, so if you pick it up while on 299hp its a waste. If you wait until you’re low enough to gain the full 150hp, the enemy has even more time to steal it from you, preferably with UC, or a scout just blends in, runs past you while youre being spammed with rockets.

KOVACS

Surely the sandwich is still pretty useless?? Havn’t bothered to test but the shortfall of heavy was never how much hp he had. 150hp only gives him an extra couple of seconds being a meatshield + he has to run over it to use it that way. Predictable movement much?

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Surely the sandwich is still pretty useless?? Havn’t bothered to test but the shortfall of heavy was never how much hp he had. 150hp only gives him an extra couple of seconds being a meatshield + he has to run over it to use it that way. Predictable movement much?

Predictable movement or not, how can anyone miss a spinning heavy? >150 (upto 150) can mean 2 extra rockets from the enemy soldiers, and anyone who plays soldier defending last knows how quickly your ammo runs out when the enemy team attack, not to mention the extra few seconds means alot more damage given out – no doubt teams will start doing it so you wont have to take my word for it.

England are playing Austria soon, I’ll show you what I mean in game.

Rele

I’ll put on the FaN only for you, Fragga :)

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

ssshhhhh, you’ll set Koeitje off again

djc

d2f~

u mad kluniq?

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

u mad kluniq?

why would I be mad? :D

u mad?

Fragga

FRAGGA`s
RIP

Ahh now that might work, hadn’t thought of that – guess I just expected leagues to actually ban it.

While the heavy changes (sandvich and GRU) should make him a much more viable class I think they’ll fall short of overpowering him (making running a heavy a necessity in every match) due to being mitigated by the lack of medic protection he’ll be able to provide in transition from point to point. The heavy pretty much has to stay with the medic at all times as even with the sandvich changes he’s still gonna be an easy pick entering a fight without being fully buffed. However as they move from place to play he’s going to have his running gloves out primarily and as such will need to change weapons or change weapons and spin up (assuming he’s ditched the shottie for the sandvich) as such if you can get your scout team anywhere near while the heavy/medic are on the move the medic should be toast. A quick moving heavy is nice, but if your medic’s down I can’t see it doing much good :)

I hope that’s how it works out anyway, I mean I’d like to see a greater variety of lineups.. not a shift from one cookie cutter template to another :s

Wiiking

i asume that from what fragga is sayin u cant move the sandwish with aoe dmg? cuz that would be sweet fun and impressive as hell :D (plus potential awsum saves for fragmovies)

Indeed that would be, currently when you throw the sandvich down in front of yourself, you can quickly switch to minigun and nobody is going to be able to take that sandvich, as nobody would ever run directly at a heavy! the extra >150hp earns you another 2 rockets, which does make a big difference to the soldiers on defense – trust me.

the use of the healthpack would still be the same just that it cant be used in direct combat cuz if u put the sandwish in front of the heavy one rocket or sticky will make it go flying to the enemy, which i think would be hilarious :D

i just hope it doesnt turn out like medics in battlefield 2 when u spamed medickits on the groud then just sat on the pack until u got shot.. lame

KOVACS

he’s going to have his running gloves out primarily

Erm, I must have missed something here. Running gloves??? Christ, I thought melee-makes-you-run-faster would end with CS.

eoN^

Erm, I must have missed something here. Running gloves??? Christ, I thought melee-makes-you-run-faster would end with CS.

You mean QL?

It’s one of the ideas leaked from the beta, so you know, it might never get introduced. From what I can gather on the steam forums (and that leaked video) they’re trying out gloves that make you run faster (I think average speed like a pyro/sniper/engie/spy) with various health reducing drawbacks for when the heavy has them out to try to balance them. These include him taking some damage per second when he has them out, him losing a big chunk of health temporarily when he has them out..and healing only working half as well when he has them out. I think they sound pretty fun :)

KOVACS

Predictable movement or not, how can anyone miss a spinning heavy? >150 (upto 150) can mean 2 extra rockets from the enemy soldiers, and anyone who plays soldier defending last knows how quickly your ammo runs out when the enemy team attack, not to mention the extra few seconds means alot more damage given out – no doubt teams will start doing it so you wont have to take my word for it.

England are playing Austria soon, I’ll show you what I mean in game.

If the heavy becomes viable and effective again it won’t be because the new sandwich but instead because the metagame has changed enough since it was last used.

It’s not uncommon for a strategy or tactic that has previously become regarded as obsolete to suddenly become as effective or more effective than it was the first time it was popular. If you look at professional Starcraft for instance, as the metagame changes over time certain builds and strategies flux in and out of being effective and then becoming obsolete only to have a resurgence again months or years down the line.

The same could potentially apply to TF2. When the heavy was popular teams became well practiced in countering it but currently they are not. If it suddenly regains in popularity, although players will still generally remember how to counter it, actually doing so as a team will have to be relearned and practiced all over again. Whilst it probably wouldn’t take long for teams to get to grip with playing vs a heavy again and sending it back into obsolecense, there would likely be a short period of time in which using a heavy will be more effective than it was back when everybody was used to it.

Norrland3000

You mean QL?

think he means cs.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 9 10 11 Next »