Forum

TF2 at I37, and the failure of the admins.

Created 8th August 2009 @ 18:34

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

wooly

From what I gather SAS has a very good chance at the final which is pretty much bs. Cows were obviously better.

as they are quality players and “peeps”, but on form and if we did use our player nvc, it’ll be rape. We’ve already played SAS in a pcw on LAN on the finals map and it was a good 6-0 rape without nvc even playing and with our inactive demoman.

If you got your head from out your own asses maybe you’d understand that people do enjoy TF2 without you “high skill” people “raping” us ..

Sorry but comments like this piss me off.. Go and play another game.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

We’re here to play and enjoy TF2 too. Really, raping games bores the hell out of me. I really enjoyed the game against SAS on turbine (kept me on my toes a bit more) but still, things could have been handled better overall. The biggest problem was initially grouping, and the same thing happened at i36 (with tcm, yyt and yyt2 in the same group (and so why has it happened again here?!)).

The final won’t be any fun, nor will it attract any new players or sponsors if it isn’t interesting to watch.

The fact it’s called a “tournament” makes you think that you know, the “goal” is to win. Else, why not just sit about doing random PCWs all weekend? One of the superior cows players is from NL. They came over here, and got to play 3 matches, which mostly they didn’t enjoy. To say how much a ticket for i37 costed, I was pretty disappointed in that these things hadn’t been ironed out from i36.

I think people should ignore the skill level of whoever is “whining” and actually just read the post. As bury said, his team didn’t even get to play, even though they were signed up!

To be fair, after being here and finishing 4th at i36, it’s kinda nice to see that we have a strong chance of winning this. Though if the final is an easy ride, it won’t be really worth it so much, which is a shame.

A couple of things need changing for the future, but I expect there’ll be a “feedback and suggestions” thread again – let’s just make sure it’s listened to to help avoid this again.

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

Why not boycott iSeries until they run a TF2 tourney? I’m not looking for serious prizemoney, but the least Multiplay could do is acknowledge a competitive game that is growing constantly.

humbug

.:ne:.

i couldn’t of said it better guys @ box.

I will make a post about this later. Basically, you’re looking it through YOUR eyes, try to see someone elses perspective. Even Neo admits it was a fail.”

i made my response after chatting to other tf2 teams in the tourny. I do not generally make posts about this kind of thing or moan about anything but agree with wooly ‘get ya head out ya asses’

it may be that it serves a purpose for ‘high’ tf2 teams to attend events like this but moaning as some have done, as all us ‘lower’ teams have seen during this event really does not promote the tf2 community as a whole.

i stick to my original comment, grow up!

wooly

I’m more than happy next I-series to have a TF2 tournament for money that the “high skill” teams can play in .. and all the other teams who don’t want to “get raped” can have a fun tournament with no cash prize – but still enjoy it in the spirit of the game. No money incentive would convince me to change my mind to play with people who act like this.. It doesn’t do the TF2 community any good at all.

GuMMi

frø
px.

jez.. just find that tard admin and stab him… :)

Inexistence

Üb

To be honest, yes, this tournament hasn’t been great, it hasn’t worked out right. But the amount of attention and care that the admins have now put into the game, shows that they actually do care. It’s still not worked great, there’s been major cockups, but I know that Multiplay admins and all are honestly working to make this better.

TF2 is known for being an amazing community, we pull together and do our best to get the attention that this game deserves. We did it with UKeSA, we still managed fairly well with i37. I mean, 24 teams is nothing to scoff at for a fun tournament, I know that we can pull together with this and get it to work.

I say, everyone at i37, get together, come to the finals tomorrow. It doesn’t matter who’s on, we’ll get together and show our support for TF2. We all love the game and we should just give support to it publicly.

It’s not that bad guys, come on :D

Jones

Reading this un-biasedly (im super cereal) there are 3 sides being formed here. The 3 sides are: “Multiplay”, “pro’s” and “noobs”. Notice the “” “”””!!! means I am NOT being serious. Now hear me out here please. AND I QUOUTE (insert appropriate background music):

We’re dicks! We’re reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the noobs are pussies. And Multiplay are assholes. Pussies don’t like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn’t appropriate – and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves… because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don’t know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don’t let us fuck this asshole, we’re going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!

End quote.

You get me?!?!?!?!?

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

The admins are aware Gummi, and are trying, but not always can you please everyone.

To be fair, I don’t think taking the “top clans only enjoy rape and hate lower clans” attitude is right either. I don’t care either way, I play TF2 for enjoyment and what makes this scene unique to others is the friendliness, so let’s not ruin that, yes? You get people you don’t like, higher and lower on the scale, it happens. Some people whine, some complain but occasionally, some are constructive instead.

And that constructive is what we need. Suggest improvements, rather than just spamming the problems. They know what’s wrong, but they need to fix it. They do try, but I guess in true tradition, something must fuck up.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

The point that the lower clans are trying to make though is that whilst the top clans are whining and moaning and complaining about how unfair and unfun it has been everyone in the lower divisions has had a good time and really enjoyed themselves, apart from when the complaining and moaning started, that is what is ruining the tourney, not the tourney itself.

MooBie

boX?2

Awwwww I almost feel like shedding a tear, ‘skilled’ players not getting there own way, ‘skilled’ players not getting to thrash easy teams so they can brag about how good they are, ‘skilled’ players who think they are the only one’s with the right to play the game, oh and my favourite, ‘skilled’ players who claim to support the TF2 community and give TF2 the recognition it needs.

Skilled players who claim to support the TF2 community and yet because things havn’t gone there way they choose to flame about a lan who organized a FUN tournament for EVERYONE to play in, yes everyone (that includes us ‘crap’ players).

I will agree, this tournament was ran very poorly, but I know that for the next series they wont make the same mistake again.

Just to add…..Anyone reading this who didn’t attend this i-series but is thinking about it in the future I do hope this does not put you off, I do hope that you ignore the whiners who love themselves too much.

The fun part is, BoX is #1 seeded, because they won their group with like 10-0 and 17-0. The thing was they had really newb opponents.

Guess where they are now, got raped in the upperbracket by some newbs and are about to lose the loserbracket match as well against some other newbs. Well played admins ))

Losing 5 – 3 is being raped these days? damn mebbe you should come play with us newbs sometimes, might understand the word fun :)

Difference is m8, when boX? lose we smile about it, not go running crying to mummy.

Nymthae

-9w-
-9m-

’skilled’ players not getting to thrash easy teams so they can brag about how good they are,

The “problem” was that there wasn’t going to be a close final, there isn’t even. So basically, they’re complaining about not being able to play a HARDER game, as opposed to easy ones. On paper, superior cows are the only team to challenge special7mix (maybe excluding something like gravelpit, which ends up totally random anyway). Believe me, constantly rolling games gets seriously boring >_>

frymaster

The biggest problem was initially grouping, and the same thing happened at i36 (with tcm, yyt and yyt2 in the same group (and so why has it happened again here?!)).

A random system will give clumpy results. Basic stats.

The final won’t be any fun, nor will it attract any new players or sponsors if it isn’t interesting to watch.

Fair enough, but people aren’t RAGE!!!ing over that

The fact it’s called a “tournament” makes you think that you know, the “goal” is to win.

except what seems to be the issue, as I understand it, is not that they would have won in the final (else they’d have won in the group) but that when they lost, they’d have lost at a more ego-salving position. oh, and they’d have played more matches, because they can’t go over and arrange one.

As regards coming over from abroad and only getting to play a certain number of matches, that begs the question of what they’d have done if, as was the case a very short time before the signup period closed, there were only a very few teams signed up? or if the only other teams had been div1 pro players? would he be raging that he hadn’t played enough matches?

The argument seems to be “we got beaten by a better team, but we never got the chance to beat other teams along the way, and even tho the end result would have been the same we DEMAND!!! to be allowed to play them in the tourney structure rather than informally”

DeNeusbeer

(Legend)
HoT<3

I will close this here thread for now, because people are obviously too hot-headed at the moment.

Just cool down a bit, and talk about it after the LAN if you will, right now will just result in everyone getting more pissed at each other

[img url=http://deneusbeer.nl/tf2/locked.jpg]
(safety smile)

djc

d2f~

Why not boycott iSeries until they run a TF2 tourney? I’m not looking for serious prizemoney, but the least Multiplay could do is acknowledge a competitive game that is growing constantly.

tf2 isn’t growing constantly, sponsors are actually abandoning it entirely at this point

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »