Forum

TF2 at I37, and the failure of the admins.

Created 8th August 2009 @ 18:34

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Niggles

Were the admins for i34/i35 different to the ones for 136/i37? i34 and i35 although non prize tourneys, were still good ones.

humbug

.:ne:.

yawn.. omfg get a life. we’re here to have a laugh.. jeez. Makes me laugh how the ‘top’ teams bitch about initially not getting the chance to play on the main stage, as really that’s what it’s all this is about. seriously.. if it means that much to you DON’T play in a FUN tournament.

After chatting to some of the ‘lower’ tf2 squads here, we thought it was spoilt kids spitting their dummy out cos they weren’t happy.. ya know.. some times life is like that.. feckin grow up!.

frymaster

“Instead, they decided to not restart, but continue the rounds with slightly altered seeding…

…They told NO ONE about this. Everybody expected there to be some form of playoff.”

yes, as agreed. What meeting were you at?

There was a vote as to whether to continue as-was, or to restart/alter. After the vote, the guy doing all the talking (not sure who) brought up this alterate scheme that wouldn’t require restarting. There was a call for agreement/objection, and everyone (both those who’d voted for restart, and those that voted for continue) agreed with it at amended. This is, indeed, what was implemented.

If you didn’t want that, you or whoever was the rep at the meeting should have objected, because there were NO objections. (I objected to any alteration at all but, given the way the vote went preferred the alternate scheme)

So, get your facts right, basically

Alternatively, just stop whining because some web page will say you were knocked out in the first round of some fun tourney.

p.s. and yes it’s been the same admin since i34

sc.lofty

Neophyte seems to disagree with you so…

You trolled before, you be trollin now!

frymaster

question: were you the team rep at the meeting?

if so, please outline the system that was proposed after the vote, and agreed by general acclimation

because the key phrases “continue with this stage” and “alter the arragement for the last 8” are what I seem to remember

obviously if you’re feeding neo a load of bull about something else being agreed he’s going to say it’s out of order, because you’re feeding him a load of bull

EDIT just noticed:

I came to fucking i37 for just 3 matches? How sad…

I agree completely.

Memento Mori

From what I gather SAS has a very good chance at the final which is pretty much bs. Cows were obviously better.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Hello there.

First, before this post, i am a new(ish) player to TF2 (Pub and Comp) and have been a member of the NervousEnergy Community the entire time(i’ve been playing a couple of months now and NE have been kind enough to give me mentoring and helping me learn the game) if you think this makes me bias then honestly, i couldn’t care less.

The tournament was always meant to be a “fun” thing to do, nothing too serious a bit of a laugh to go along with a fun weekend of drinking and gaming and meeting your clan and community members, essentially the fundamentals of an i-series, have fun and play some games.

It started out a little rocky but at these kinds of things it’s to be a little expected, nothing can work out perfect first time every time.

It was obvious from the get go though that certain members were not simply in it for fun they were in it for the recognition and “prestige” of winning. Whilst this is all well and good and everyone likes to win, being in it solely for that and that being the only way you can have “fun” seem’s a little silly, honestly.

The games i played were all against other low and possibly a couple mid skilled clans? which is a good idea otherwise you see one side getting completely steamrolled and though i preach about finding the fun in just playing, noone enjoys sitting there not being able to do anything whilst the other team just completely destroys you.

From what was said in IRC the people that have complained repeatedly blamed the Tournament Admin for the fault in seeding which was done completely randomly. There was no way anyone thought “Let’s put all the good clans together to get rid of them.” Whilst the Tournament Admin (who was actually sat at our desk) was speaking with the other admins sorting some things out some members of the “top” clans were repeatedly complaining and asking about what was going on etc, even when we(nervousEnergy) explained that the admins were trying to get things sorted and they would be informed ASAP of what was happening they pretty much ignored it and just carried on blaming the admin for everything, continually bugging him (which was probably only making things worse).

After the clan meeting, what was explained to us by (i think it was…) Breath was put into immediate action, our team was already eliminated anyway so it was not such a big deal for us but we had a lot of fun on the way. They immediately announced that for the people that lost already there would be another fun tournament the next day so that everyone could get in some more matches, which is a GREAT thing means some fun for us all.

Honestly, the only thing that ruined this tournament for me was the attitude and general decorum of the “top” teams. It’s ridiculous that these so called “good players” conduct themselves in such a way and is rather a put off of higher divisions, the lower divisions seem a lot more friendly and honestly most of them seemed to really enjoy the tournament.

frymaster

Honestly, the only thing that ruined this tournament for me was the attitude and general decorum of the “top” teams. It’s ridiculous that these so called “good players” conduct themselves in such a way and is rather a put off of higher divisions, the lower divisions seem a lot more friendly and honestly most of them seemed to really enjoy the tournament.

or to put it another way

[14:27] |boX|Butcher-A40| so basically we’re all being asked to pick their fucking toys up?

SfynX

T2P

From what I gather SAS has a very good chance at the final which is pretty much bs. Cows were obviously better.

http://etf2l.org/teams/5948/

vs

http://etf2l.org/teams/67/

my moneys on s7 but i havnt rly seen sas play

hf

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

yawn.. omfg get a life. we’re here to have a laugh.. jeez. Makes me laugh how the ‘top’ teams bitch about initially not getting the chance to play on the main stage, as really that’s what it’s all this is about. seriously.. if it means that much to you DON’T play in a FUN tournament.

After chatting to some of the ‘lower’ tf2 squads here, we thought it was spoilt kids spitting their dummy out cos they weren’t happy.. ya know.. some times life is like that.. feckin grow up!.

I will make a post about this later. Basically, you’re looking it through YOUR eyes, try to see someone elses perspective. Even Neo admits it was a fail.

Tapley ❤

TEZC
TEZC

I applaud Neophyte for what hes trying to achive here and given the chance myself and probably mole could help this tournament reach its poetntial!
The real main failing has been the admins dont actually play this game and although its a fun tourny they dont know how to tailor it to tf2.
Perhaps some of the supiror cows or “top players” have overreacted a bit but viqun has traveled from Holland and its mostly out of flustration that hes being quite vocal as he only got to play 3 games which is understandable tbh

Please Neo add me on Steam and id be more than happy to help you sort out a perfect event for i38! :-)

klu

-[MG]-
MG//

iSeries tournaments are always a shambles, amazes me that people are still suprised when things go wrong.

GibbZ

WOOOOO!

Yeah dude, see you fags in the finals :D

I’m more annoyed from the aspect, we’re meant to be showing the community a good game of tf2 to publicise it. Instead the finals are now fucked. We most likely will have s7 vs SAS, and no offence to the SAS guys, as they are quality players and “peeps”, but on form and if we did use our player nvc, it’ll be rape. We’ve already played SAS in a pcw on LAN on the finals map and it was a good 6-0 rape without nvc even playing and with our inactive demoman. That’s my only qualm, so I feel sorry for SC.

SAS played fucking good on turbine tho…. :D fucking teamwork shit.

frymaster

The real main failing has been the admins dont actually play this game and although its a fun tourny they dont know how to tailor it to tf2.

the tf2 admin plays tf2 in etf2l… can’t speak for the tourney system coders, mind, but what tailoring does the system need in that respect?

wooly

It’s another case like the other lower teams have said of the “high” teams throwing the toys out the pram.

I AGREE that the seedings were not done properly, and that there needs to be a TF2 minded admin covering the tournament at the next I-series event.

I DISAGREE with the way the players who are annoyed are conductin themselves.. a 25 page long IRC chat just bitching does not get you anywhere.

There was a meeting held at Q-25 after the other one which outlined what was happening, noone spoke up about the change (I presume it was just us LOW players who went?)

If you spoke to BlizzWolf you’d also understand that the seedings were automatically calcualted by clanforge when the teams were entered, based upon results which is why we were seeded first!!!!

The biggest issue I see with TF2 is the fact that there are alot of mixed teams, some low skill, some high skilll, and it really needs an admin to take control of the fixtures and seedings.

I think that some people really need to sort their attitude and instead of critising everything, offer some support… I know now that ALOT of us smaller teams, boX?, NE, WDG etc etc are just annoyed by the way the “high” teams are acting, and at next lans might just do an internal tornament that we can enjoy.

The majority of games we’ve played have been fun (apart from the first 2), very close matches!! – I’ve been happy with the games, just dissapointed that all the high skill teams have bitched and generally made everyone elses time crappy with it … you exclaimed when the vote went on that it was about making tf2 higher profile etc by having two good teams, believe me I doubt the top 2 teams that will go through will have alot of support from the rest of a very dissapointed community… If some of the matches of the lower teams had been on stage it would have made for a good entertainment!!

If you only play 3 matches at i37 then clearly you’ve either A – been knocked out, or B have bitched so much noone actually wants to play with you.

It’s a sad time for TF2.. and makes me glad that the majority of the community can still come back from i37 saying it’s been a good lan with good matches and the whiners can whine.

We organised some fun highlander matches and have had some scrims that have been fantastic!

Wooly

Locked Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »