Forum

The Gun Mettle Update

Created 2nd July 2015 @ 03:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 Next »

Quoted from DCS

At least in HL it is a straight buff, because you can almost assure the +20 health when spamming into a crowd of people. Damaging multiple enemies is added up. If you hit 2-3 players at the same time, you easily deal the 90 dmg to get 20 health back.

And before the nerf hitting 2-3 people would’ve given you 30-45 health back. How is that a straight buff again?

Useless

TC.Noobas

Quoted from DCS

As for the blackbox, the changes are really awesome. For once, it rewards you more for more precise shots, because dealing more dmg gives you more regen. At least in HL it is a straight buff, because you can almost assure the +20 health when spamming into a crowd of people. Damaging multiple enemies is added up. If you hit 2-3 players at the same time, you easily deal the 90 dmg to get 20 health back.

Right now if you hit 3 people with the rocket you get 45 health. With this update if you hit 3 people you can get 20 health maximum. So it is quite a heavy nerf. A nerf I agree with though.

Doom

Buffed minis, nerfed level 3s? Didnt expect that lol.

bobmus

Quoted from DCS

As for the blackbox, the changes are really awesome. For once, it rewards you more for more precise shots, because dealing more dmg gives you more regen. At least in HL it is a straight buff, because you can almost assure the +20 health when spamming into a crowd of people. Damaging multiple enemies is added up. If you hit 2-3 players at the same time, you easily deal the 90 dmg to get 20 health back.

Actually they stated that health regen is now capped to 20hp per attack – i.e. even if you hit 3 players with 1 rocket your maximum regen is 20hp.

Selek

Dr. med.

As a traditional Spy player, all my love! Now they only need to fix melee hit registration :D

These changes are huge. The meta could considerably change, especially in HL. I’m not sure if the Engineer rebalances were too big of a nerf or not. He is a lot more mobile now by erecting new buildings a lot faster. But the old tanking powerhouse of the wrangled level 3 sentry is less of a tactical pivot than before. We will see.

Quoted from emb

Valve has really went beyond the call of duty on this one. If you like the changes in this update, please take a few minutes to shoot them a short email as a token of appreciation – http://www.valvesoftware.com/email.php?recipient=TF+Team

Very much so, great idea. I just sent them a thank you mail.

[edit] https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Lunchbox Do the Scout secondaries like Mad Milk and Bonk! count as Lunchbox items? If so, he can drop a medium health kit now O.o

Last edited by Selek,

RTC

Quoted from Doom

Buffed minis, nerfed level 3s? Didnt expect that lol.

If anything it’s the other way round. Minis are much less disposable, and regular guns are more so.

hozi

powerz!

Money say more than “thanks”. I expect some new Shocking interview with tf2 employee …

Anyway this update seems like best update in last 2 years.

Last edited by hozi,

shoras

Can Airstrike be viable now?

hr

Quoted from Enef

[…]

answered your own question, wp

Do you understand how asking a question works? I did not answer my own question, I posed a question and suggested a possible answer.

Doom

Quoted from RTC

[…]

If anything it’s the other way round. Minis are much less disposable, and regular guns are more so.

“Ammo and Repair given to a shielded Sentry is reduced by the strength of the shield (66% reduced) when shield is active”

rip sentry tanking

“Mini Sentries can now be wrench construction boosted
Mini Sentry base build speed decreased. Mini Sentries that are wrench boosted build slightly faster than previously.”

So from what im understanding, if i keep hitting mini it will build faster than it would build normally before nerf? If so, I take that as buff. Not sure about it though.

Last edited by Doom,

dias

ANIMA

Nerf spy plz

4hp

Quoted from Useless

[…]

Right now if you hit 3 people with the rocket you get 45 health. With this update if you hit 3 people you can get 20 health maximum. So it is quite a heavy nerf. A nerf I agree with though.

Basically it’s a weapon to take 1v1s on the flank, and it’s actually better at this now, but for crowd control and bombing medics it was already kinda poor and now it will be even more.

4hp

Quoted from RTC

[…]

I think it’s going to be more of a personal choice to go level 3 or mini. With the jag it’s going to be reasonably viable to build very aggressive level 1 or 2 sentries in situations where you’d normally run mini, and the more DM-based engies might feel more comfortable running minis on defence (like some were already doing here and there) and putting out damage on the flank than running the level 3 which is now much less tankable.

I think different engineers will end up with different solutions. Which is good.

Last edited by 4hp,

Tuffy

pd!

tf:go is alive
and rip engineer :'(

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

Quoted from Solid

[…]

And before the nerf hitting 2-3 people would’ve given you 30-45 health back. How is that a straight buff again?

Honest to goodness, I never realized it healed you 15 per tagged enemy. It only displays +15 if you do, but actually multiplies it when adding to your health. Completely my bad. (:

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 19 Next »