Forum

The Gun Mettle Update

Created 2nd July 2015 @ 03:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 19 Next »

EmilioEstevez

GG

Sentries redeploy faster now and the jag buffs will stack on top of that(?) along with the reduced speed penalty when carrying buildings. Sentries can’t tank as much damage but it’ll be a whole lot quicker to move them around with the rescue ranger. I like that it’s encouraging more adventurous play from engis. I hope we’re not going to be seeing lvl3s on 5CP as the norm now though.

The mini build time looks like a nerf though. Any situation in which you need a mini up ASAP isn’t going to be one where you can sit around wrenching it, engies wont be able to shit out minis in the middle of a fight as quickly any more.

Last edited by EmilioEstevez,

Toba

(a boT from the North)
Lutunen

Quoted from EmilioEstevez

Sentries redeploy faster now and the jag buffs will stack on top of that(?) along with the reduced speed penalty when carrying buildings. Sentries can’t tank as much damage but it’ll be a whole lot quicker to move them around with the rescue ranger. I like that it’s encouraging more adventurous play from engis. I hope we’re not going to be seeing lvl3s on 5CP as the norm now though.

The mini build time looks like a nerf though. Any situation in which you need a mini up ASAP isn’t going to be one where you can sit around wrenching it, engies wont be able to shit out minis in the middle of a fight as quickly any more.

Also it encourage you to wrangle it instead of just dropping it down and shotgunning folks. also lvl3 on 5CP 8)

Last edited by Toba,

tXX

Imagine yourself as a medic, pushing to 2nd with uber, your team kills their medic, their medic was using kritz, you pick up his weapon (kritz) and you push last with kritz while they thought you had normal medi gun, ez

DUCKSLAYER

Quoted from tXX

Imagine yourself as a medic, pushing to 2nd with uber, your team kills their medic, their medic was using kritz, you pick up his weapon (kritz) and you push last with kritz while they thought you had normal medi gun, ez

that’s not how it’s going to work though. Pretty sure you may only pick a medigun reskin if you’re using a medigun. But we’ll see.

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from DUCKSLAYER

[…]

that’s not how it’s going to work though. Pretty sure you may only pick a medigun reskin if you’re using a medigun. But we’ll see.

“Players have always dropped their equipped weapons when they die. But now, if it’s a weapon your class can equip, you can pick it up and take it for a test drive. You can even change loadouts on the fly!
http://www.teamfortress.com/gunmettle/powerhouse.php

If you pickup a kritzkrieg will your uber percentage:
a) reset to 0;
b) remain the same;
c) change to the percentage the other medic had just before death?

Meeto

Quoted from hr

[…]
Do you understand how asking a question works? I did not answer my own question, I posed a question and suggested a possible answer.

You answered your own question. You wouldn’t have even needed to ask that question if you’d have bothered to read the update notes.

Bank

Rev.
Syn

Quoted from Fuxx

[…]

“Players have always dropped their equipped weapons when they die. But now, if it’s a weapon your class can equip, you can pick it up and take it for a test drive. You can even change loadouts on the fly!
http://www.teamfortress.com/gunmettle/powerhouse.php

If you pickup a kritzkrieg will your uber percentage:
a) reset to 0;
b) remain the same;
c) change to the percentage the other medic had just before death?

Thought about this as well, if the medigun has the same percentage to when the medic dies, it means dropping is the worst thing ever haha. Also means that when you switch the medigun, the dropped medigun will have uber percentage to when you drop it so you can essentially build two ubercharges as long as you keep the dropped medigun away from the other medic…

Forty-Two

LOOΠΔ

It’s going to be fun jumping around maps like a silly person with the Liberty Launcher. Could maybe be good for the annoying kind of soldier who’s mostly trying to create space and distract and such. Or it could be terrible of course. But sounds like it’ll be crazy fun to try out!

Also Air Strike might actually be useful for suicide waves on payload offence now, since you can fire 2-3 rockets very fast with not too huge of a damage penalty.

letto

Quoted from Bank

[…]

Thought about this as well, if the medigun has the same percentage to when the medic dies, it means dropping is the worst thing ever haha. Also means that when you switch the medigun, the dropped medigun will have uber percentage to when you drop it so you can essentially build two ubercharges as long as you keep the dropped medigun away from the other medic…

brb building up a stash of mediguns at our last
edit: will weapons still disappear and if so will the decay time reset when you pick it up and drop it again?

Last edited by letto,

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

I’d consider the mini sentry nerfed now, it only takes one rocket to kill a mini now while it’s building, it used to take 2 rockets. We’ll see how it plays out though.

Graba

TCM
ㄕサ

Will probly end by having special mode (where you can pick up someone’s weapon) as manpower, anyways

PdH

i hope that stockweapons will still be best choice and unlocks just an option

also rip caber :/

kpopfan69

GADOU

I hope that they wont ban configs and all that stuff like in cs go

Phnx

Quoted from kpopfan69

I hope that they wont ban configs and all that stuff like in cs go

what do you mean by banning configs?
(I don’t play cs:go)

hr

Quoted from Meeto

[…]

You answered your own question. You wouldn’t have even needed to ask that question if you’d have bothered to read the update notes.

I did not answer my own question. I read the thing on the website which states: ‘You can even change loadouts on the fly!’ That is a terrible wording because it implies that you can change your loadout and it will update without picking up a weapon. Fuck off with your attitude and your implication that I didn’t read it.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 ... 19 Next »