Forum

The Gun Mettle Update

Created 2nd July 2015 @ 03:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 19 Next »

metalpiss

Quoted from Munky

[…]
EDIt: Misread and thought there was no ammo. Still not too keen on the idea of it but doesn’t really negatively affect things.

Well, you’ll no longer be able to shoot a rocket/sticky at a weapon to launch it towards you and get the ammo :/ not a huge thing I guess, but still.

Synrise

(ETF2L Donator)

Is every sniper now going to run the Bazaar Bargain? It’s not difficult in HL to get 2+ hs kills.

aura

inb4 hl spies 0.1 ka/d

Toast

WEED
S-O

Haha, I knew this day would come. Wonder if this is going to be as bad as it looks for gun spies, pretty interested to see what’s gonna happen. It looks like they rewrote the meta on a couple of levels, potentially anyway.

Though I dislike some of the changes (actually not spy stuff particularly), this could be a breath of fresh air :D

Last edited by Toast,

Only thing I can complain about is no longer being able to shoot weapons towards you for ammo

aura

omg, omg detonator 92u to 110u + no phlog nerf.. pubs are so rip

Quoted from jun0

Only thing I can complain about is no longer being able to shoot weapons towards you for ammo

mby there should be an option to either equip or consume it as ammo when you inspect it that would be nice

Last edited by aura,

Feyne

NASA

where are the knifes at though?

hr

The changing weapons ‘on the fly’ seems really really bad to me for comp TF2.

Soldiers switching to DH on spire, demos instantly switching to quickiebombs for last pushes with no punishment, someone else mentioned gunboats for rollout then instantly switch to shotgun on middle.

It wouldn’t be nearly as bad if it was just picking up enemy guns because that would at least make sense and not be something that you could abuse every time.

Unless I’m misunderstanding this and it’s actually not possible to change loadout in the middle of the game unless you get someone else’s weapon. Anyone?

Last edited by hr,

Feyne

NASA

or when you are playing perma pyro, instantly swapping to backburner when you are behind someone :OOOOOOOO

Ombrack

Top5rocket

I don’t see why everyone is talking about “on the fly loadout switches”. Yes, we can read “You can even change loadouts on the fly!”. But I only see it as a poorly written sentence. When you actually read the game changes, it only talks about weapons pick ups, nothing about instantly switching loadouts.
Maybe I misread, maybe I misunderstood, but so far, nothing such as on the fly switches.

dissy

Tissi

Pretty cool. It is a breath of fresh air for TF2. Some of the changes seem weird or useless to me, like the weapon pickup system, but we’ll see how it is when the update comes out.

Ignis

SVIFT

where is my doppler kukri

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

You can only switch weapons if you pick up someone else’s who just died. You cannot switch loadouts otherwise, only if you are in spawn. It is somewhat on the fly, but you have to rely on killing the right person at the right time and location with the right weapon.

You cannot switch from gunboats to shotgun unless you kill someone (or someone on your team was being killed I would assume) while holding a shotgun.

This being said, I think it is not reliable enough to rollout with gunboats in order to maybe pick up a shotgun during or after a fight

DCS

(Legend)
notdoggo
Dr. med.

As for the blackbox, the changes are really awesome. For once, it rewards you more for more precise shots, because dealing more dmg gives you more regen. At least in HL it is a straight buff, because you can almost assure the +20 health when spamming into a crowd of people. Damaging multiple enemies is added up. If you hit 2-3 players at the same time, you easily deal the 90 dmg to get 20 health back.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

Quoted from hr

it’s actually not possible to change loadout in the middle of the game unless you get someone else’s weapon.

answered your own question, wp

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 19 Next »