Forum

Why enforce class limits now?

Created 9th September 2013 @ 19:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Fuxx

REMOVE

Quoted from FUN POLICE RUINS TF2

2 engi’s are too strong? I remember the days of double heavy double engineer and people were just told to get good when they complained, what the fuck has happened?

An exaggerated “2pro4u” mentality is what happened.

Mors Immortalis

KoP!?

Quoted from Alfie

[…]
takes so much longer than switching classes

U can make loadout preset, then bind it to something so u can change loadout with just 1 button press
or ctrl+number like I do
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Ji4WPZKX

Will

Quoted from Setsul

[…]The first heavy should just change class. If he is too lazy or forgot to do it then you’d have double heavy so that’s no excuse.

The class change wont take effect until he respawns, therefore with an enforced class limit the 2nd player cant change until the original heavy respawns which defeats the purpose of having a 2nd heavy up as soon as the first one dies

octane

pregame is gonna boring as fuck now :( no engi train, no heavy fist gangbang, no 6 pyros airblasting somebody across the map :(((

Link!

.:ne:.

Quoted from octane

pregame is gonna boring as fuck now :( no engi train, no heavy fist gangbang, no 6 pyros airblasting somebody across the map :(((

yeah better remove those classlimits….

Angel

Quoted from AnimaL

[…]this topic has nothing to do with actual class limits

its about changing config to force class limits.. meaning that now you cant for instance switch medic to demoman when all team is dead to defend last

It’s true. Bad decision.

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from octane

I am fighting this change by keeping the old config. FUN PREGAME FOR ALL!

kaidus

WiK?

If etf2l at one point declared class switching legal, I don’t really see how you can now remove it. Not that I’m gonna miss ipz stealing demo for 5 mins at a time but still.

AnimaL

Quoted from Alfie

[…]I am fighting this change by keeping the old config. FUN PREGAME FOR ALL!

just dont forget to exec etf2l cfg before officials or you gonna get fucked

Forsak3n

S

Badmins are bored of crazy mixes raping them with two snipers

feeling

ist doof

Quoted from Permzilla

No, there is discussion about how to forward spawn here (??)

I already listed the reasons for it.

Do you intentionally ignore what Will said or…?

Quoted from Will

Also annoying for someone switching to Heavy if one has already died defending last and you want another one up without having to wait for the original one to respawn

Quoted from Will

The class change wont take effect until he respawns, therefore with an enforced class limit the 2nd player cant change until the original heavy respawns which defeats the purpose of having a 2nd heavy up as soon as the first one dies

I think that’s the reason there was no config enforced class limit before. Also because it was/is perfectly valid to take someone else’s class when he’s dead.

Last edited by feeling,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I always thought class changing to keep your demo and medic in the frey was really underused… and now it’s gone.

edit: fray? oh.

Last edited by fraac,

Will

I guess they only reason I may be getting ignored is the fact most teams don’t understand this rule and think you are running 2 heavies, this leads to disputes etc.

For example: http://etf2l.org/matches/39670/

Tbh I think better explaining the rule to all teams would be a better option than just removing it completely

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Quoted from Enef

fuck you turbotabs no more double sentry double heavy

For my next trick. I’ll run double pyro and double spy. Beat your team with that. Then have it banned come season 17

Tuto

8-)

Quoted from SorroW

[…]
and sometimes the item servers arent up, and switching hats will do jack shit

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »