Forum

Why enforce class limits now?

Created 9th September 2013 @ 19:50

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

private_meta

STDs

technically you can do that with every restricted class. med goes down? a different player can switch to medic as long as two medics are not in play, same for demoman

Quoted from Will

I guess they only reason I may be getting ignored is the fact most teams don’t understand this rule and think you are running 2 heavies, this leads to disputes etc.

For example: http://etf2l.org/matches/39670/

Tbh I think better explaining the rule to all teams would be a better option than just removing it completely

SmAsH

[DA]
[DA]

Quoted from Will

Also annoying for someone switching to Heavy if one has already died defending last and you want another one up without having to wait for the original one to respawn

This and this alone should be why the limits on a cfg should be removed, you can make a game changing play by doing this if your good enough and the timing falls correctly. Many ppl think its cheating cos they dnt realise its allowed but still.

aura

etf2l — community league where admins don’t ask the community

Last edited by aura,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from aura

Now look at the news post again.

Thanks for the feedback folks :)

rytis

PrettyGay

nvm

Last edited by rytis,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from aura

Actually we do get feedback for most important decisions – just feedback from certain groups of people. A public poll has never ever been a good idea, you just need to look at some of the results it gives to see that.

Koala

Well, this is a fast decision which actually doesn’t change the game itself at all, so who cares.
I find more interesting the sudden allowing of certain unlocks.. Upgrading pyro and engie isn’t the best way to make the game more interesting, hello stalemates. :)

Last edited by Koala,

After numerous seasons pyro finally got some life in it, and if someone got axetinguished by a pyro in 6v6 I don’t see such a big problem. It does require some skill do to it to any class. Also, good luck with having pyro anywhere else but last point.

Engie with jag cannot bring additional stalemates because engie’s limit is now set to 1.

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Yay, I made something change!

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

So the config doesn’t enforce it any more but there are still engi and sniper limit 1?

Kinda odd decision but I can understand why it was made. Doesn’t affect that much except ruling out 1 last hold strategy.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Sideshow

So the config doesn’t enforce it any more but there are still engi and sniper limit 1?

And pyro.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

People don’t actually realise how much time is wasted by disputes about teams using wrong class amounts, not just that famous ETF2L double heavy dispute that happened in the grand final ages ago, but every other week with some newer players misunderstanding the rules or just get confused who is running heavy. Saves a lot of time/effort with the disputes.

The only argument that is valid to me is class switching when someone is down, it will disappear as a result, which I don’t mind so long as there is an actual rule. However if we want it to continue, let’s change it so Demo/Medic limit is 2, because we all know Demo/Medic is 1 allowed anyway so if you’re dumb enough to run two at any given time, well as admins spending 20 minutes looking at a demo and discussing the decision is worth it. (it’s never happened before).

Last edited by Hildreth,

AnimaL

hey i would be ok if you limit them in cfg but allow removing the limits if someone wants
i guess i should have said that before though :X

also having demo and medic limit 2 in cfg would only confuse new players imo…

Last edited by AnimaL,

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from AnimaL

hey i would be ok if you limit them in cfg but allow removing the limits if someone wants
i guess i should have said that before though :X

There’s always disputes about having bendy rules, like with the fov being allowed if both teams agree, that caused a massive drama. The rules need to be one sided and clear. Trying to make everyone happy is not good.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Because people didn’t understand how the rules work.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4