Forum

Why enforce class limits now?

Created 9th September 2013 @ 19:50

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

We’ve had limits for classes for a long time, but why are we now enforcing class limits via the config? Before when there were 2 heavies it was just screenshot and reported.

I’m not gonna bother with the new config tho, easier and more fun pre game with it.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

I get that people will forget about snipers and engis until it’s been enforced a while. There should be no other limits though, they just break useful scripts.

dob

\V/ Gold
CGAY&BB

not that big of a deal is it?

Droidster

tavi

I guess it’s helpful for newer players, a lot of them don’t get the class limits and this will make it a lot clearer.

almightybob

.ps

Mildly annoying if you want to rotate spawns and instead of just picking any class to switch to, you actually have to check that it’s a free one. And even more annoying on Highlander if you want to do the same or swap classes with someone. But really, not that big of a deal.

AnimaL

bad decision

Enef

fest
#wubafan

fuck you turbotabs no more double sentry double heavy

sidestep

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from Enef

fuck you turbotabs no more double sentry double heavy

)))))

Will

Also annoying for someone switching to Heavy if one has already died defending last and you want another one up without having to wait for the original one to respawn

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoting from the newspost:

This essentially prevents any cases of “accidentally using 2 heavies”, a topic which causes admins un-neccessary work. There are enough slots left to forward spawn, It helps new players understand the rules. I don’t see any issues with enforcing class limits.

Phnx

Quoted from Will

Also annoying for someone switching to Heavy if one has already died defending last and you want another one up without having to wait for the original one to respawn

not sure it’s allowed…
if it is, if meds is dead the respwaner can just take medic instead of his class and start building streight away which I don’t think is allowed.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Phnx

[…]
not sure it’s allowed…
if it is, if meds is dead the respwaner can just take medic instead of his class and start building streight away which I don’t think is allowed.

it is allowed and always has been.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Will

this

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from AnimaL

bad decision

Setsul

Quoted from Will

The first heavy should just change class. If he is too lazy or forgot to do it then you’d have double heavy so that’s no excuse.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »