Forum

Allow Market Gardener?

Created 9th August 2013 @ 20:40

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 19 Next »

hawku

AYO

You’ve introduced some new and exciting elements to this thread.

No one corrected Limp and it annoyed me so this is a little late (unless he was trolling i’m not sure)

about the reserve shooter;
Quoted from Limp.

[…]

Not really, as they don’t crit if you just jump.

The reserve shooter minicrits anything that is airborne, that means jumping. Seriously, go on a pub and try it. No one will ever dispute this after using that weapon for 5 minutes.

Quoted from Limp.

[…]DH target need to be juggeld in air, and with that shotgun you have to hold it out 3 seconds it out befor making crits to people.

The reserve shooter minicrits the FIRST 3 seconds after it is deployed. After 3 seconds it stops mini critting.

Last edited by Lazybear,

Quoted from Lazybear

-walloftext-

Can confirm.

damneasy

Quoted from rytis

[…]
go play pubs for fun

Yea! Who plays comp for fun…..

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

***On-Topic***
As a med, I can imagine getting REALLY frustrated playing against a MG roamer since it (feels like) I can’t do as much to prevent this.
Bombing solly? Could’ve been called earlier and I could’ve surfed his first rocket, if I die anyway, that’s partially because of ME.
Sticky trap? We should’ve checked, I died because of MY TEAM.
MG Solly? Even if called early, I think it’s rather difficult to dodge, and the only ‘real’ way to prevent this is hoping your pocket hits an airshot, which is difficult and thus giving the bombing solly a BIG advantage. The question is, does the roamer really need a buff? (If the MG is actually good (never played against this, I’m hypothetical here))
I’d say no, but that’s another discussion.
TL;DR: Don’t allow MG, medic can do WAY less to prevent getting killed by it compared to regular bombers and stickies + pocket needs to hit an airshot to make sure the medic doesn’t risk dying. Giving the roamer a advantage he doesn’t need.

Spycy

TC.Express

Quoted from BenBazinga

***On-Topic***
As a med, I can imagine getting REALLY frustrated playing against a MG roamer since it (feels like) I can’t do as much to prevent this.
Bombing solly? Could’ve been called earlier and I could’ve surfed his first rocket, if I die anyway, that’s partially because of ME.
MG Solly? Even if called early, I think it’s rather difficult to dodge, and the only ‘real’ way to prevent this is hoping your pocket hits an airshot, which is difficult and thus giving the bombing solly a BIG advantage. The question is, does the roamer really need a buff? (If the MG is actually good (never played against this, I’m hypothetical here))
TL;DR: Don’t allow MG, medic can do WAY less to prevent getting killed by it compared to regular bombers and stickies + pocket needs to hit an airshot to make sure the medic doesn’t risk dying. Giving the roamer a advantage he doesn’t need.

If he’s called out, rush at him, he’ll slow his jump, then get back. Good job, you are out of range. You could also do a simple straff to fuck his aim up.

Last edited by Spycy,

PuzZle

Boys
GG

Stop being so conservative boys, let’s use logic and not tradition or any other retarded way to decide these things

That being said, regardless of MG being worse than EP/PT, it still has no drawbacks in comp, which is why I can understand it being banned.

Would it have a drawback like EP used to have (can’t be healed while equiped) or something else that works in comp, then I would not mind at all. If it then turns out years after that some people have found a new way to really abuse it or make it OP then you could just ban it then. As the weapon is right now you are most likely going to have to commit your whole life to just the chance of hitting a target with it, and when the MG user’s destination is as obvious as the enemy medic then it isn’t that difficult to deny him either.

But yeah, right now it has no drawbacks in comp so I see why it’s banned in that sense =)

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Quoted from Spycy

[…]

If he’s called out, rush at him, he’ll slow his jump, then get back. Good job, you are out of range. You could also do a simple straff to fuck his aim up.

Considering, for example, you can go from red choke to blu choke to spire on badlands in under 3 seconds you gonna need some fast calling :P

Quoted from BenBazinga

***On-Topic***

he MG isallowed in NA, how often do you see sollys bomb in with MG on a high level?

Almie

pwn!
gum

Quoted from Koeitje

[…]

Considering, for example, you can go from red choke to blu choke to spire on badlands in under 3 seconds you gonna need some fast calling :P

So now its hard to call a jumping soldier? Then the med would get wrecked by just regular bombing anyway, if his team cant even call out a soldier jumping. Just like it was already said – rush towards solly with MG, he has to slow down to get you, then pull back and he can no longer catch you. Or you could run away from him and when he is almost in your melee range, run under him. Its NOT that hard.

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from Spycy

[…]

If he’s called out, rush at him, he’ll slow his jump, then get back. Good job, you are out of range. You could also do a simple strafe to fuck his aim up.

if it’s really that easy, I’d say we should allow it.

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from .kr4tos

[…]

well even if it sounds a bit weird, its unfair for all the new players who wanna join etf2l and are pretty new to tf2. if they dont know that much or dont have enough money/ items to buy/ craft it, they will have a disadvantage. like i said it sounds weird but you have to count with those points as well.

I know I am 6 days late, but this is probably the stupidest thing I have ever read.

What kind of player doesn’t have the escape plan, or atleast the means to get one?

Definately not the kind that would play 6v6. lmao

AnimaL

div1/prem soldier getting schooled by div6 players on how to play the game

only in unlocks threads

Kaneco

Quoted from AnimaL

only in unlocks threads

being this fuckin dense

only in unlocks threads

Schweppes

Quoted from AnimaL

only in unlocks threads

newsflash: nobody cares on what level someone plays if they’re wrong
if their logic is flawed then their logic is flawed and you shouldn’t be surprised if people are going to call them out on it, “lol div5-6 u noob xD” is just a poor defense for when people can’t properly back up their flawed argument and people shouldn’t even try if that’s the only thing they’ll be able to come up with

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 ... 19 Next »