Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19

Bonus

Plz etf2l.

Link!

.:ne:.

stop crying and fist yourself

Zangetsu

4SKINGS

you want to add this shitty weapon so soldiers will imagine themselves in one of the skial.com publics?nty

Freddy

I’m sorry for this thread, dear ETF2L-users – I’ve changed my mind after the great STAR showed us one of the most gamebreaking exploits in the history of video gaming.
I mean, by using that exploit any soldier would be able to just rocketjump once, then hide in a corner while jumping, and then go out and crit their medic and nobody can do shit about it. When the soldier first has started to bunnyjump towards you, you’re already dead.

With this glitch, Market Gardener is like an Ullapool Caber that can be used an infinite amount of times and there’s no way to dodge it. In other words, it would literally break 6v6 completely and make medics useless forever. I actually think we should keep this gamebreaking unlock banned instead – then we also have more room for good, balanced weapons such as the Quickfix

Last edited by Freddy,

Almie

pwn!
gum

I am now literally not sure if you are serious or not :P In any way, you cannot just stay jumping in a corner, I have actually tried doing this thing in tr_walkway and out of at least a 100 tries I have had about 5 successful single skips. I tried the mousewheeldown as jump and its buggy. Maybe its just me being shit, but STAR_ also said its very difficult and that mousewheeldown doesnt work very well for him either. That said, I have to reconsider whether or not we should allow this unlock, because this exploit still changes things a bit. And I am afraid it cannot be fixed that easily as it would require to rewrite the engine a bit, since this is bhopping esentially and I dont think Valve wants to do that.

Quoted from Almie

I am now literally not sure if you are serious or not :P In any way, you cannot just stay jumping in a corner, I have actually tried doing this thing in tr_walkway and out of at least a 100 tries I have had about 5 successful single skips. I tried the mousewheeldown as jump and its buggy. Maybe its just me being shit, but STAR_ also said its very difficult and that mousewheeldown doesnt work very well for him either. That said, I have to reconsider whether or not we should allow this unlock, because this exploit still changes things a bit. And I am afraid it cannot be fixed that easily as it would require to rewrite the engine a bit, since this is bhopping esentially and I dont think Valve wants to do that.

No, he’s not being serious (obviously) also getting frameperfect jumps can be done reliably if practised, as you can see in many tf2 bhopping videos. (for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdKnbkYiidA)

Also allowing a weapon with such an important bug is stupid.

Last edited by fishyard,

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

Quoted from fishyard

[…]

No, he’s not being serious (obviously) also getting frameperfect jumps can be done reliably if practised, as you can see in many tf2 bhopping videos. (for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdKnbkYiidA)

Also allowing a weapon with such an important bug is stupid.

This Video -at best- showcases that you can get up to 4-5 frameperfect jumps.

anyways, some people make this out to be a lot worse than it is. Even if you were able to perfectly do the jumps indefinitely, in TF2 you are not keeping Momentum with bhops. So if a soldier lands in front of a medic, that medic could literally walk away backwards, as the medics backward speed (288HU/s) is greather than the soldiers forward speed (240HU/s).

Also sitting in a corner jumping and waiting, once you’ve lost momentum, you have no way of gaining any again w/o breaking you chainjump, so good luck with that.

Popcorp

6.1 Bug-Using is not allowed

Any kind of “Bug-Using” is not allowed. Player using bugs will be punished. If you are unsure about the legality of any sneaky spot on a map, please contact an admin to clarify the situation and prevent complaints from your opponent.

So if you use MG Bug, other team can report that and you get a Warning

Almie

pwn!
gum

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

So if you use MG Bug, other team can report that and you get a Warning

I am not sure about that though, for example nobody has ever complained that the other teams medic crossbow-healed his solly who had the Escape Plan out. But then again, who knows…

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 18 19