Forum

Team Fortress 2 Mentor Project

Created 16th March 2009 @ 13:26

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Iller

tGa

Cite Nostalgia :

“Imho, you wouldn’t be learning a thing you would just be acustomed of being carried by a team. The important thing is to learn to communicate as a team and learn how each other plays to work on strats around that and that’s the purpose of this project from what i’ve gathered. It’s not for single players to improve but for a whole team under the guide of a more experienced player.”

Surprisingly, I don’t agree at all..
Of course, you might be right if we were talking about some newbie to the game playing together with some div 1 team or so (but even then it would be really good training for the newbie even if he wouldn’t contribute much…).

Yes, the ability to communicate and listen, strategy and teamwork is very important and this is precisely why I think playing together with better teams is a good idea, since you will improve upon such things the most effective way then.

By the way, this is a team game and everyone in the team is carried by each others performances no matter of what division they play in.

The optimal thing would be to play together with a team with players around your own individual skill or slightly above, but with better teamwork than you are used to, I think.

This mentoring project can be both for players teaching players or players teaching teams. There are no fixed rules everyone have to follow. After all this is all voluntary for all people deciding to help.

Predz

[DA]
[DA]

bybben will u mentor me plz plz

jester

/nvm

perry

[MIPC]

Steam Name:[email protected]
Language(s) Spoken:Finnish, English
Skill Level Willing To Teach:any scout lower skilled than i am!
Class(s) You Play (Optional):scout,soldier
HOW BIG IS YOUR DICK (DUNC WANTS TO KNOW):iz tiny

You can best reach me in irc quakenet #heythats

thxbai

emptynoflow

(^-^)v

“I would be very interested in listening to a Ventrilo/Mumble recording while watching the STV demo of a match. It would give a lot more insight in why each players moves in this way or another.” – frooker

Maybe you can ask a clan if you can sit in their mumble and JUST listen to and spec the game? TBH that wouldnt be to much to ask if its only a PCW or something

appe

Just come to the community lan and you’ll see/hear it live :P

numlocked

(king of all rollouts)
Epsilon

you mean you’re actually going to a LAN?!

appe

I think numlocked is in need of a trolling mentor project

appz

wMiC?

Mentors
Steam Name: AppZ
Language(s) Spoken: English
Skill Level Willing To Teach: All
Class(s) You Play (Optional): Scout / Sol primary, experience with all

Contact: #nervous.tf2 on quakenet or [email protected] for msn

frooker

Good idea as well, empty. But it’d still be handy to have a record of it, which can be shown to the whole team for example. And it would also be available for a broader group of players, without having every team being asked about spectating by a douzen people each war. ;)
Still I might try asking directly if there’s a favourable opportunity.

perry

[MIPC]

Somebody get an irc channel going for this!

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

#tf2.mentor

Waebi

‹Con›

i am indeed fucking pissed off right now. Every time i try to spec a game, some low guys tell me to go stv. The point is though that stv has a 90 sec delay and i’d actually like to hear it in real-time and give them some nice feedback afterwards. If you as low noobs cant take the fact that the other team is actually trying to improve, then you should just su and stop playing the game in general.

It just makes the whole thing not working at all then imo.

TA.

Morty

RG

waebi , some guys are just too stupid too understand.

Waebi

‹Con›

it’s not about being stupid. For fuck’s sake, I dont bloody care if someone is speccing the game – be it stv or ingame – as long as i know that guy isnt a bloody cock or someone who will just steal my tactics. And in that case, helping out a div5 team which is playing vs a team not even playing in the league yet, and me being a genuinely nice guy with a fuckload of hours playtime and the sole interest being to truly be NICE and HELP, i just dont get why anyone wouldnt want me to spec *live*, including mumble?

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »