Forum

Vanilltvs future?

Created 17th February 2013 @ 02:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Trell

|UKCS|

Quoted from Snyyppis

[…]

It’s a different org. I’m thinking they get more a say on how they choose to do things over at tf.tv

Can I just say, before things get out of hand yet again; speculation is never good, since people start taking things as gospel.

Ramown

TIDS

http://i.imgur.com/s8Zuh8M.gif

Skully

Quoted from maidos

[…]
what about arx,beta, warden, pledge and skully?

in order: still here but also doing their own stream, still here but also their stream, Still here and doing epic streaming again, being epic and casting every thing he sees, still here, but I discovered what RL is

Last edited by Skully,

Turbo

-ƒ$-BLAH
sniper

Quoted from Ramown

That’s the best thing I’ve seen in a while. Some quality internet.

alfa

NVM WOW

Last edited by alfa,

Mark

Phase

Wherever Animal goes wins

ThePledge

Bring it.

kaidus

WiK?

:<

Last edited by kaidus,

Gubbins

Op4

Quoted from Ramown

http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy332/t4lforums/TF2/3u2vv.gif

Last edited by Gubbins,

Skyride

DUCS

This may not be a popular opnion, but TF2 doesn’t have enough eyeballs, money or man power to support 2 major casting organisations. One organisation will come away from this stronger and one will shrivel into obscurity. Whichever wins is bassically going to come down to the decisions made by the heads of both organisations over the next couple of months.

I have no horse in this race, but I’d be pretty happy to lay down some wagers on which of the two is going to win.

Also in regards to money, TF.TV isn’t getting revenue from anywhere that VTV couldn’t.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Skyride

This may not be a popular opnion, but TF2 doesn’t have enough eyeballs, money or man power to support 2 major casting organisations. One organisation will come away from this stronger and one will shrivel into obscurity. Whichever wins is bassically going to come down to the decisions made by the heads of both organisations over the next couple of months.

I have no horse in this race, but I’d be pretty happy to lay down some wagers on which of the two is going to win.

Also in regards to money, TF.TV isn’t getting revenue from anywhere that VTV couldn’t.

That depends on the type of content organizations are willing to put out. You’re right that the scene lacks the contributors to deliver quality content consistently with two organizations (I really doubt it has the contributors for one org at the moment) but there are plenty of people out there, especially in the HL scene that are willing to contribute a lot, even if the casts are exclusively 9v9 and of lower quality, it’s still better than the 2009-10 status quo in Europe of having virtually no coverage at all.

One organization will be universally more popular, however it shouldn’t stop the coverage unless particular people involved have such big egos they don’t want to continue being seen as the lesser organization.

Trell

|UKCS|

Quoted from Skyride

Do I contact you to lay a bet on Vanilla then?

In seriousness (yes that was a joke above) – I wasn’t aware this was a winnable competition, surely more content for viewers is good?

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Trell

In seriousness (yes that was a joke above) – I wasn’t aware this was a winnable competition, surely more content for viewers is good?

This is such an oversimplification of the matter.

More Content™ isn’t just a blanket good thing. The fight at the moment is to convert casual pub players into people who think 6v6/HL is cool and actively watch/follow it. Simply putting out lots of content is not the way to achieve this.

Snyyppis

RLM

Quoted from Trell

[…]

Can I just say, before things get out of hand yet again; speculation is never good, since people start taking things as gospel.

If you’re so worried people are gonna get the wrong idea, why don’t you set things straight.

Also, I can speculate all I want. In fact, I speculate that speculating is fucking awesome.

Skyride dropping truth bombs bigger than Little Boy and Fat Man.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »