Forum

Vanilltvs future?

Created 17th February 2013 @ 02:18

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4

beta

RaWr ::

Quoted from enigmaenigma

[…]

I think you’re tad jaded in this regard. A good chunk (if not most) of our viewers in North America either have a very loose association with the competitive scene or don’t play competitively at all.

I wouldn’t say it’s jaded really, I imagine he was commenting on the Europe coverage scene. The chances are he will not be as familiar with the NA audience and visa versa, we wouldn’t expect you to be fully aware of the Europe scene.

If you have found the majority of your audience fit into the bracket above, great! I would highly recommend pushing that even more then you are already. The fundamental issue still exists of getting those players across to competitive TF2, which some people seem to of forgotten about and isn’t an overnight flick of the switch.

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Skully

…still here, but I discovered what Dota2 is

FTFY :D

This should be interesting… I find the production quality from vtv to be better than tf.tv but think both organisations produce good content for TF2.

It does seem that US TF2 casting (and other) organisations have a habit of imploding though. Whereas vtv seems to keep going (by sheer force of will?).

The day TF2 casts (both in terms of technology and quality of caster) are as exciting as Fighting Games you’ll convert the casuals. Problem is the technology barrier (no instant replays, poor cameras, poor map overviews etc.) stop the casters becoming that good, hype and slick at the same time. Overcome one, you’ll overcome the other, casuals will follow and so will sponsors. … but thats the dream right?

Kaneco

Quoted from Lucky_Pierre

This should be interesting… I find the production quality from vtv to be better than tf.tv but think both organisations produce good content for TF2.

Exactly, honestly I much prefer vanilla because of this, graphics on streams are much more user friendly and quite appealing, the custom spectator hud is the best I have ever seen, even the score table looks good.

The first casts of comp tf2 I heard just a little over 1 year ago were by vanilla tv and I never forgot that. I really thought everything looked really great and in place, with really high quality content for the viewers

Quoted from Lucky_Pierre

The day TF2 casts (both in terms of technology and quality of caster) are as exciting as Fighting Games you’ll convert the casuals. Problem is the technology barrier (no instant replays, poor cameras, poor map overviews etc.) stop the casters becoming that good, hype and slick at the same time. Overcome one, you’ll overcome the other, casuals will follow and so will sponsors. … but thats the dream right?

We can dream, valve already launched a specific standalone version of dota for match spectators only, we can only dream of something in the works to be integrated in tf2, with custom replays, slow-mo’s and the likes.

byte

As long as I’m around I will try my best and keep VanillaTV going.

end of topic, nothing has changed, best of luck to tf.tv period.

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

Quoted from byte

As long as I’m around VanillaTV is going no where.

People might understand this wrongly. :/

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from byte

As long as I’m around VanillaTV is going no where.

I’m not sure you know how true this statement is.

byte

Quoted from Reservoir Dog

[…]

People might understand this wrongly. :/

Aye edited slightly :P thanks for heads up

Cheers

Byte

Darn

rockit like

Vanilla should merge with tf.tv and what the hell even the ozfortress etc. guys. We really do not have big enough player base to have numerous sites. Only good would come out of this.

Comedian

Quoted from Lucky_Pierre

Whereas vtv seems to keep going (by sheer force of will?).

PledgeTV seems to be going pretty strong. That guy is a hero, makes me look bad on my best days.

I for one, have decided to take a break. Dont want to be involved with casting stuff for a while. I’m not an official member of vtv anymore, but i will not be joining tf.tv (or any other casting org for that matter). I will however be dropping by, from time to time do help out with video production or casts or other stuff that is being asked of me, provided that i have time. Though at the moment, i’m giving a large priority to work, personal life, and all that kinda stuff. I have not been doing anything for the past two months and a bit, and it would be unfair for me to pretend like I’m doing stuff. Dont expect me to do anything in any other game (Dota 2) either. I should still show up at i48 and i49 as vtv staff to do awesome stuff and have fun.

Last edited by Comedian,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4